03-29-2006, 11:37 AM
I like using Griffey as the DH today.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Womack leadoff and Freel last. Sweet.:thumbup:

:help:

KearnsyEars
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
There's your opening day lineup. I like it alot.

BRM
03-29-2006, 11:43 AM

The Reds are moving to the AL?

BRM
03-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I really hope the Reds are "showcasing" Womack.

kbrake
03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I would say pretty close to the Opening Day line-up. Encarnacion will be in there and who knows what it will look like if a trade does actually happen.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I really hope the Reds are "showcasing" Womack."always look on the bright side of life"

Falls City Beer
03-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I really hope the Reds are "showcasing" Womack.

For what: a geek show?

Heath
03-29-2006, 12:36 PM

What did you mix in with the Cheerios this morning?

BRM
03-29-2006, 12:37 PM
For what: a geek show?

Maybe there's a team out there that's enamored with his spring numbers. Plenty of fans seem to be.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Kaz Matsui went on the DL, maybe the Mets would bite on Womack. They don't need any top of the order hitters. I'd eat the $900K we owe him and send it to the Mets with him for a prospect, Victor Diaz, or include Weathers and get Heilman, who could be used in the rotation or as our closer.

savafan
03-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Listening to Womack talk on the radio, it's very hard to like this guy. What an arrogant...

TeamBoone
03-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Why do they keep using the DH when they are at home?

I guess they think our pitchers don't need the in-game batting practice.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Why do they keep using the DH when they are at home?

I guess they think our pitchers don't need the in-game batting practice.

Yeah, cause Aaron's a real Greg Maddox with the stick.

LincolnparkRed
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, cause Aaron's a real Greg Maddox with the stick.

Maybe they are just trying to save him the embarassment of having to hit until the season starts or maybe he can hit now and they don't want the scouts to see his new swing. Probably the former but could be the latter.

BRM
03-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Listening to Womack talk on the radio, it's very hard to like this guy. What an arrogant...

Did he pull the old "I didn't come to Cincinnati to sit on the bench"?

registerthis
03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Wow, Hatteberg, Womack and Aurilia in at the same time.

Looks like the Rays are playing the Cincinnati Scrappy Vets today.

Matt700wlw
03-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Harang has a bit of the flu....so it he doesn't pitch as well today, don't be alarmed.

Hopefully he'll do just fine.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Lugo leading off for the Rays- top of 1.

Julio falls behind 1-2 after waving at one. (With the bat.) Liner to right in front of Kearns, base hit.

Crawford, who's wearing #99 after forgetting his real jersey. What a Pollack. 1-2 count for him as well. Foul. Grounder to third BACKHANDED BY AURILIA AND THEY GET THE FORCE! Luckily it was hit within a couple of steps of Rich. Announcers leave drool puddles on Aurilia's shoes. "He's an absolutely invaluable cog," sayeth Martin.

Cantu. No one said you couldn't, buddy. 0-2 count; breaking ball misses by a blip. Crawford goes, fly ball to Kearns near RCF. Two outs.

Marion, Ohio's Aubrey Huff. He's one day older than me. He's a lot richer than me, too. So is Aurilia. ROCKET INTO RIGHT, KEARNS GOT IT! Hit right at him. Three outs.

0-0 after 0.5.

savafan
03-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Did he pull the old "I didn't come to Cincinnati to sit on the bench"?

He said that he doesn't care about what his teammates do, he only cares about himself. Also said that he is not going to play outfield, shortstop or anywhere else but second base.

cumberlandreds
03-29-2006, 01:15 PM
He said that he doesn't care about what his teammates do, he only cares about himself. Also said that he is not going to play outfield, shortstop or anywhere else but second base.

Sounds like a Rafael Soriano situation to me. :thumbdown

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM

Are you crapping me? He actually said that to a member of the media? Without significant context? I would say you were kidding, but you might not be.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a Rafael Soriano situation to me. :thumbdown

You mean Alfonso Soriano?

Nice work on the PBP, Doc. Cracking me up.

Cantu....:laugh: :laugh:

flyer85
03-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I can only hope Narron's reluctance to name an opening day lineup is that he is waiting for Womack to be gone before he has to tell him to grab some bench.

Doc. Scott
Bottom of 1.

Womack shows bunt, then realizes the ball would travel the same distance if he swung and takes a ball. Not off the helmet, unfortunately. Strike. Foul. Ball's inside. But not enough inside. 2-2. Foul again. He makes an out, didn't hear how.

Lopez falls behind 0-2, watching 'em both. Grounder to short, funny hop bounces off Lugo's arm for an error.

Junior. Strike. Someone (Womack?) told Junior before the game that the only things pretty about him are his swing and his family. Heh. High and away, ball one. Foul. Struck him out swinging.

Dunn. Three and zero on A.D. Taken, ball four.

Kearns with two on and two out. Groundout.

0-0 after 1.

Marty speculates that Quinton McCracken may need to be DLed because of his foot problems. If Tony Womack cared about anyone but himself, he'd led Quinto his Blue Star ointment.

cumberlandreds
You mean Alfonso Soriano?

Nice work on the PBP, Doc. Cracking me up.

Cantu....:laugh: :laugh:
Yea I meant Alphonso,sorry.

Dunner44
03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I was just watching a bit of the Pirates/Redsox game, and one benefit of H-Burg or Richie at 1B is the game will last approximately a half-hour less. I forgot how long it took Casey to adjust his jock in between pitches.

savafan
03-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Are you crapping me? He actually said that to a member of the media? Without significant context? I would say you were kidding, but you might not be.

No, he actually said that to Scott Springer, newsman from WLW.

cumberlandreds
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I was just watching a bit of the Pirates/Redsox game, and one benefit of H-Burg or Richie at 1B is the game will last approximately a half-hour less. I forgot how long it took Casey to adjust his jock in between pitches.

Maybe Casey uses Icy-Hot in the groin region too. :)

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Tomorrow's game is being broadcast on ESPN. Not sure if that is common knowledge or not, but I didn't know until last night when I checked to see what games were going to be on TV.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Top of 2.

More plaudits for the handling of Jason LaRue's surgery. He's walking without crutches already. Savvy move to do that for the team captain.

Gomes strikes out swinging on a high fastball.

Norton, the DH. 1-2 count. Struck him out swinging!

Speculation that Brian Buchanan may indeed find his way on to the roster. Still don't buy that. Andy Abad is still in major-league camp? Hal thinks Jacob Cruz "has" to make the team. One of Burns/Coffey/Belisle/Wagner has to go to AAA. Maybe Wagner, just temporarily?

Kearns grabs the fly to right from the third TB hitter. Inning ends.

0-0 after 1.5.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't think anyone wants that reserve OF spot. First Wise gets hurt, then they option Denorfia, and now McCracken might be down. At least they have plenty of options....none of which thrill me.

Dunner44
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't think anyone wants that reserve OF spot. First Wise gets hurt, then they option Denorfia, and now McCracken might be down. At least they have plenty of options....none of which thrill me.

Killer B!

flyer85
03-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think anyone wants that reserve OF spot. which is why I said they need to look outside for the 4th OF. Of course they have an easy answer in Denorfia(good with the bat and glove and can play all three OF positions).

Chip R
03-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Tomorrow's game is being broadcast on ESPN. Not sure if that is common knowledge or not, but I didn't know until last night when I checked to see what games were going to be on TV.

If it's on ESPN, then we'll hardly get a mention. It'll be all Red Sox all the time.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Bottom of 2.

1-1 count on The Rich Who Fields Like A Man. Strike two at the letters. Swing checked, count evens. Fastball away gets him for strike three. One down.

Valentin waves at the first pitch. Man, McClung is doing much better today. He was all over the place last time. Count evens.

Got an annoying phone call and missed some stuff.

We return and the inning had ended. Guess nothing happened.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 01:36 PM
The Reds need to bring in Rob Stratton to break up this no-hit bid Seth McClung has going....

Just sayin'

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Top of 3.

Liner to right is caught by Kearns. One out.

2-2 count on the next guy after a good breaking ball. Damon Hollins fails to check his swing on the next one and that's it. Two outs.

Lugo. Liner to left, base hit. He's got both of 'em.

Crawford. Aurilia's on the grass at third: watch out. Ball's high. Outside, 2-0. A strike and then another ball, 3-1. Lugo goes, taken ball four. Two on, two out. That is the very first batter Harang has walked all spring. Impressive.

Cantu. Cannot. After working a 2-2 count, the grounder to Womack finishes the inning.

0-0 after 2.5.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Bottom of 3.

You know, when Buchanan gets his callup, it could be a reprise of the running gag in the later seasons of Married... with Children after David Faustino was trying a rap career and calling himself "Grand Master B". Yeah.

Freel. Leading everyone in stolen bases this spring but still not hitting his weight. 2-0 count. But McClung runs the count even and catches him looking with a third strike. One out.

Womack. In the dirt, ball one. Called strike. Curveball for strike two. Fly-ball out. Two down.

McClung hails from Lewisburg, WV; population 3,500. Now living in Clearwater, major home of the Church of Scientology.

Lopez pokes the first pitch the opposite way in front of Carl Crawford for a single.

Junior. In the dirt as Felipe commits theft. The booty: second base. Count evens, then ball two. Punched foul for strike two. Outside, full count. Some fouls make Seth work. POUNDED OFF THE FENCE IN CENTER, AND HE'LL HAVE A DOUBLE! Lopez scurries home for the first run of the game. 1-0 Reds.

DUNN RIPS THE FIRST PITCH DEEP TO CENTER AND THERE IT GOES IT'S GONNA BEEEEEEEEE GONE SHUT UP GRANDE 3-0 REDS

Kearns (.296) works a 2-2 count, then fouls. Swing and a miss is five strikeouts for McClung, but three for the Reds.

3-0 after 3.

smith288
03-29-2006, 01:50 PM
This radio broadcast is like a sleeping pill.

Caveat Emperor
03-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Crawford. Aurilia's on the grass at third: watch out. Ball's high. Outside, 2-0. A strike and then another ball, 3-1. Lugo goes, taken ball four. Two on, two out. That is the very first batter Harang has walked all spring. Impressive.

Krivsky needs to seriously consider getting Harang locked into a longer-term deal, maybe on the order of 3 years.

He's had a fantastic spring, showing no ill effects from being worked hard last year, and seems poised to improve upon his excellent 2005 effort. He'll never be a #1, but he could be the #2 man on a VERY solid rotation in the upcoming years if Claussen continues to develop, Arroyo continues to be a league-average pitcher, and the Reds add a top-line FA arm or (in 2007/8) Homer Bailey comes up to front the rotation.

lollipopcurve
03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Homer Bailey comes up to front the rotation.

Maybe eventually, but when he comes up he's the 4th/5th guy.

HotCorner
03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
HR Dunner!

smith288
03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Dunn! WhOoT

HotCorner
03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
3-0 Reds

flyer85
03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
McClung has been Dunn

Caveat Emperor
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Dunner bombs on the 1st pitch of the AB -- I like that. Good to see Dunn being aggressive early in the count when he sees a pitch to drive.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Those HRs are sooooo overrated.

LincolnparkRed
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Anyone getting worried that our offense might be peaking a bit early??

smith288
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Those HRs are sooooo overrated.
No sac fly there either.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Dunner bombs on the 1st pitch of the AB -- I like that. Good to see Dunn being aggressive early in the count when he sees a pitch to drive.especially in a situation where he would have been pitched around if McClung had fallen behind in the count.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Top of 4.

Huff leads off. Curve for strike one. Another one, strike two. Ball's low and inside. Ripped deep to right, but Kearns MAKES THE NICE RUNNING GRAB! One out.

0-2 on Gomes after more breaking balls. Womack rouses himself from slumber at 2B to catch Jonny's pop fly in shallow center. Two outs.

Norton. Designates a line drive to right for a base hit.

Next guy lines the first pitch into right-center for another hit. Greg trucks into third.

Mahler-quality sloooow curve goes up on Toby Hall 0-2. Fly to shallow center, and Freel makes the sliding catch!

Mid 4, 3-0 Reds.

blumj
03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
If it's on ESPN, then we'll hardly get a mention. It'll be all Red Sox all the time.
Red Sox-Pirates is on ESPN right now, Casey meets Wily Mo(both have doubled). They've mentioned an occasional Pirate.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Bottom of 4.

Hatteberg. 3-0. Strike at the knees. Grounded through the hole into left for a base hit!

Aurilia, Sex God and Helper of Wayward Puppies. Hitting .191, but that's mostly manly opposite-field singles. Offspeed low and outside, ball one. Chopper foul. Next three out of the strike zone, showing McClung's fear, and Aurilia is on. Two on, nobody out.

Valentin. Loops one into shallow left, but Crawford makes the catch. One out.

Freel. Swings and misses and throws the bat into the stands. No one is hurt, so Freel leaps in and catches an old-timer with an enzuigiri to score the easy three-count. Breaking ball in the dirt. LINER BASE HIT RIGHT FIELD BUT HATTEBERG...stops at third.

Bases loaded, one out.

Womack. "Low Rider" plays. Why can't we be friends, Tony? LINING ONE foul. 0-1. Breaking ball, LINED SOFTLY INTO LEFT OFF LUGO'S GLOVE BASE HIT! Hatteberg scores!

4-0 Reds, bases still loaded.

Lopez. 1-2 count after a foul. ANOTHER BASE HIT! Aurilia scores, 5-0. Opposite field=MANLY.

Junior. Fly ball down the LF line, drops foul. Down and in for a ball. Again low, 2-1. Outside, 3-1. This is really getting ugly. LINER TO RIGHT-CENTER, BASE HIT! Freel and Womack score, 7-0!

The rout is on.

Dunn. Ball one. High strike. One more of each. Called strike three, ooooohed by the fans. Two outs.

Kearns. They're holding Junior on first and making pickoff throws. 2-0. High, ball three. Outside, ball four. Bases loaded again.

Hatteberg (slight return). Shot to deep center and Hollins makes the catch on the warning track.

7-0 Reds after 4. Man, we should play Tampa all the time.

lollipopcurve
03-29-2006, 02:11 PM
especially in a situation where he would have been pitched around if McClung had fallen behind in the count.

Excellent point.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Hatteberg gets a scrappy single the other way.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Who took the "S" out of all of our scrappy players?

:dunno:

registerthis
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Whoo Junior.

Having quite the spring, he is.

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Who took the "S" out of all of our scrappy players?

:dunno:
The S is going north with the good teams.

Caveat Emperor
03-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Mike Butcher (Rays Pitching Coach) to Seth McClung: "Stop giving up base hits"

Dunner44
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, Seth needs to keep on building the 'ol stamina there. He was dominant for a bit there.

KearnsyEars
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM

What did he say?

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Top of 5.

Hollins leads off with a single.

Lugo. Ball's high. Quick 6-4-3 double play! Two outs.

Another base hit for Crawford.

Cantu. Look at the evidence, Jorge: no, you can't. Called strike. See? HIGH DRIVE OFF THE FENCE IN LEFT-CENTER AND CRAWFORD SCORES. Hmm... you may win the battle, but your team's losing the war. 7-1 Reds.

A liner to right, the third time this game, finishes Huff.

7-1 after 4.5.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 02:34 PM
What did he say?

He said RedsZone sucks. ;)

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
That's it.

I'm calling the posse.

Heath
03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
That's it.

I'm calling the posse.

That explains all the text messaging on my cell phone.... :rolleyes: :help: ;)

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Bottom of 5. Chad Harville now pitching for Tampa Bay.

Michael Coleman in left. Nick Green at second. A Butler at short.

Aurilia reaches somehow.

Valentin strikes out.

Freel. Grounds into a 1-4-3 DP.

7-1 Reds after 5.

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
That explains all the text messaging on my cell phone.... :rolleyes: :help: ;)
Well answer next time, have to get the badges in the mail.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Top of 6.

Norris Hopper in center.

Gomes (0-2). Popped up sky high, but foul. Hit deep to center and gone. Hanging curveball. 7-2 Reds.

Norton (1-2). Grounded by Hatteberg into the RF corner, and Greg has a double.

Lee. 1-1 count after a foul. Off the fence in LCF, and it's 7-3. Double for Travis.

Hall just misses one, fouling it back. Low, 2-1. Hits him.

That's it for Aaron. A mess here in the sixth. He leaves after five innings, ten hits, three earned runs (and two left on).

No word on who's coming on.

Missed the rest of the inning. Looks like three more runs crossed, making the score 7-6 Reds after 5.5.

LincolnparkRed
03-29-2006, 02:47 PM
That's it.

I'm calling the posse.

Last time we went out you said there would be cake, well I didn't get any cake

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Don't blame me, Heath ate more then his fair share

This time we will have cookies.

Caveat Emperor
03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
That's it.

I'm calling the posse.

Good, I'm eager to finally get an answer to who these guys are: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38416

membengal
03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Given that Harang is pitching with a touch of the flu, not sure why they are making him labor into the 6th. What is Narron trying to prove?

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 02:52 PM
The 10 usually come in all black, they are big zorro fans.

Heath
03-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Good, I'm eager to finally get an answer to who these guys are: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38416

Ask Krono - he has the list... :devil:

Heath
03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Given that Harang is pitching with a touch of the flu, not sure why they are making him labor into the 6th. What is Narron trying to prove?

That he has a Dusty Baker poster hanging in his room at home?

flyer85
Sounds like Harang is out of gas, could be due to his being under the weather.

Heath
Don't blame me, Heath ate more then his fair share

This time we will have cookies.

Hey, I heard that Kitty made it and I didn't want to disappoint those people... :D

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
He's trying to make Harang prove "he's a ballplayer"?

membengal
03-29-2006, 02:56 PM
That kind of thing really pisses me off. Harang has had a great spring, Opening Day is his next start, he's under the weather, there is NO reason to let him struggle through an inning like that. None.

Matt700wlw
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Belisle stinks....I would not be shocked if he does not make this team

traderumor
03-29-2006, 03:03 PM
He's trying to make Harang prove "he's a ballplayer"?gamer

pedro
03-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Belisle stinks....I would not be shocked if he does not make this team

he's having a pretty good spring.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Bottom of 6. Dan Miceli pitching.

Missed the beginning of the inning due to work. But there are two outs.

Junior. Walks. Marty with a rant about using the DH preventing pitchers from getting their bunt practice. I assume someone just botched one.

Dunn. 2-2. Missing, full count. Swing and a miss, struck him out.

7-6 after 6.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Belisle stinks....I would not be shocked if he does not make this teameven if true he is better than Rick White

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 03:10 PM
even if true he is better than Rick White
Rick White knows how to play the game though.

Falls City Beer
03-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Isn't this the point when we hear about all the pitchers having "dead arm?" ;)

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Top of 7. Chris Hammond pitching.

Jeff Bannon at shortstop.

Coleman. Offspeed (what, 71 mph?) strike. Swung on and missed, 0-2. Pops out.

Baldelli. Grounder to third, bobbled by Aurilia but he throws him out. Obviously he was just jesting. Two down.

Norton. Grounder to short, and Bannon throws him out.

1-2-3 for Hammond. Reds lead 7-6 after 6.5.

Dunner44
03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Who came in for Harang? Was it Belisle, thus prompting Matt's comment?

flyer85
03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Rick White knows how to play the game though.too bad he's a pitcher. :help:

Matt700wlw
03-29-2006, 03:13 PM
he's having a pretty good spring.

The past few games I've listened to he hasn't....but I haven't seen his overall numbers.

I guess he's just getting his work it. :)

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Well stop listening Matt ;)

Matt700wlw
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Well stop listening Matt ;)

work or no work....I don't think I could :)

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Bottom of 7.

1-2-3 inning for the Rays' Shawn Camp.

7-6 after 7.

Gallen5862
03-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the pbp. How many injured players do we have on the roster?

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the pbp. How many injured players do we have on the roster?

None, they're all on the DL. :rimshot:

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 03:18 PM
work or no work....I don't think I could :)
Just stop when people named Matt come up ;)

membengal
03-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Who came in for Harang? Was it Belisle, thus prompting Matt's comment?

yes. Belisle came in and threw kerosene on the fire.

Side irritated tangent to Stewart on the PBP...it is NOT a problem that the Reds have struck out 12 times today. There will be 24 or 27 outs made in any game for them. No matter what. As Rob Neyer said, strikeouts just hurt feelings, otherwise, they are outs like any other. Cincinnati has 7 runs. Their offense has been fine. Stop buying into the "contact" mantra.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Top of 8. Kent Mercker pitching.

Gabby Martinez. Strikes out swinging.

Grounder to second quickly retires the next guy.

Ty Wigginton. 2-2 count. Fly to right is caught by B-Train (now in RF).

7-6 Reds after 7.5.

Gainesville Red
03-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Wily Mo interviewed during BoSox game, wish I could tell you what he said, but I couldn't understand anything he said. Sorry.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Bottom of 8. Chad Orvella pitching.

First batter flies out.

Hopper has more power than we thought. He clubs one over the centerfielder's head and goes all the way to third with a triple!

Womack. SUICIDE SQUEEZE BACKFIRES! Pitch was up and away and Tony couldn't bunt it, and Hopper is tagged out by the catcher.

What a dumb play. Only Tony LaRussa-managed teams ever do this right.

Womack grounds to short, see ya.

7-6 Reds after 8.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Top of 9. Todd "Twelve-Sided Die" Coffey on for Cincinnati.

Nick Green. Strike one. Strike two called. STRUCK HIM OUT BUT VALENTIN CAN'T CATCH IT THEN HE THROWS IT AWAY runner safe at first. Someone missed a saving throw.

Green running, and a liner to right for a base hit. Corners, nobody out. Time for someone to drink a potion of heroism here.

Brent Butler. BUNT! BUNT! But Valentin pounces, makes his Dexterity check, scoops it up. and tags Green for the out! One down.

Coleman. GROUNDER TO THIRD MENECHINO FIELDS STEPS ON THIRD, THROWS TO FIRST GOT HIM REDS WIN WIN WIN

Experience points all around!

7-6 Reds.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Womack. SUICIDE SQUEEZE BACKFIRES! Pitch was up and away and Tony couldn't bunt it, and Hopper is tagged out by the catcher.

But it was quite scrappy.

Doc. Scott
Wily Mo interviewed during BoSox game, wish I could tell you what he said, but I couldn't understand anything he said. Sorry.

Chances are it was something about seeing the ball, then hitting it.

pedro
Top of 9. Todd "Twelve-Sided Die" Coffey on for Cincinnati.

does that make Milton the "dungeonmaster guide"?

Dunner44
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Chances are it was something about seeing the ball, then hitting it.

Wily Mo is like Pedro Cerrano without JoBu. Such an endearing quality.

Coffeybro
03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Nick Green. Strike one. Strike two called. STRUCK HIM OUT BUT VALENTIN CAN'T CATCH IT THEN HE THROWS IT AWAY runner safe at first. Someone missed a saving throw.

Anyone want to take a bet on that being a splitter?

Coffeybro
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM

Or on further thought Valentin rolled a 1 on the d20.

Doc. Scott
Or on further thought Valentin rolled a 1 on the d20.

Then he bounced back with a 20. Ain't that how it always is?

Doc. Scott
does that make Milton the "dungeonmaster guide"?

Let's hope not.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 03:43 PM

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about anymore.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about anymore.

Well, you were obviously a SF nerd, not a fantasy one.

Coffeybro
03-29-2006, 03:46 PM

I don't think always though, had one game where i was next to Todd swung my sword at a creature rolled a 1, dm said roll again to see if you hit Todd, roll high, another 1, dm said roll high this time or its going to get bloody. As you can guess a final 1 and Todd's character is minus 1 head.

Coffeybro
03-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Well, you were obviously a SF nerd, not a fantasy one.

Count me as both, and throw in a tech title too.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
I played Atari.

Dunner44
03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Wily Mo is like Pedro Cerrano without JoBu. Such an endearing quality.

Quoting myself, I know....

Pedro Cerrano: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
Eddie Harris: You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.
Pedro Cerrano: Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
Eddie Harris: You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

And my personal favorite:

Pedro Cerrano: Hats for bats, keep bats warm.

Caveat Emperor
03-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I played Atari.

My favorite response to "nerdy" conversation: "Sorry, I played Little League." :laugh:

Raisor
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
The 10 usually come in all black, they are big zorro fans.

First rule of Redszone 10.

DON'T TALK ABOUT THE REDSZONE 10!

Second rule of Redszone 10.

YOU DON"T TALK ABOUT THE REDSZONE 10!

(We are watching)

RedsManRick
03-29-2006, 03:55 PM
I really want Marty and Steve to be calling a game, have Dunn go yard, Marty go nuts, and then Steve say "Damn shame that one didn't hang up a bit more, huh Marty? Could've had himself a sac fly."

Heath
03-29-2006, 03:55 PM
First rule of Redszone 10.

DON'T TALK ABOUT THE REDSZONE 10!

Second rule of Redszone 10.

YOU DON"T TALK ABOUT THE REDSZONE 10!

(We are watching)

Third Rule of RedZone 10 -

Make fun of the newlywed guy who's a part of the RedsZone 10 and likes bunnies.

Puffy - you are cued.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 03:57 PM
My favorite response to "nerdy" conversation: "Sorry, I played Little League." :laugh:

I was going to write: Silly me, I was outside playing ball....

But I went with Atari instead since I consider that as close to the nerdiest thing I did as a kid.

Joseph
03-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I'd give you guys Rep points for being such geeks, but no. :)

RedsMan3203
03-29-2006, 03:58 PM
by the way.... did I miss the ending of the game?

If so... What happend...

If not... Whats going on in the game?

Red Leader
I'd give you guys Rep points for being such geeks, but no. :)

Yeah, I was going to check the Redszone (sssshhh, 10's) rulebook to see what it said about pity rep points.

KronoRed
Where's the love Jo? :D

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 03:59 PM
by the way.... did I miss the ending of the game?

If so... What happend...

If not... Whats going on in the game?

It's spring training. We'll get back to the game after we've honed our skills a little more. :laugh:

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 04:00 PM
I think we need to mock.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I was going to check the Redszone (sssshhh, 10's) rulebook to see what it said about pity rep points.the penalty for any mention of rep points is having your nads removed and fed to a gopher.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 04:01 PM
the penalty for any mention of rep points is having your nads removed and fed to a gopher.

I see that. Chapter 12, Page 86, Section IV, Article 6.

Game's over by the way. Wanna know who won?

membengal
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Coffey closed things out after getting into some trouble, got a game ending DP.

Reds win 7-6.

Joseph
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Where's the love Jo? :D

I save that for the nerds.

[for the record I'm a self proclaimed gerd (geek nerd hybrid) so I say it all in good fun, and alas I knew everything being refereneced]

traderumor
03-29-2006, 04:03 PM
the penalty for any mention of rep points is having your nads removed and fed to a gopher.the dancing gopher?

RedsMan3203
03-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Coffey closed things out after getting into some trouble, got a game ending DP.

Reds win 7-6.

Thanks!

Joseph
03-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I was going to check the Redszone (sssshhh, 10's) rulebook to see what it said about pity rep points.

Much like my dates in high school, all my rep points were also of the pity variety. :)

Raisor
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Third Rule of RedZone 10 -

Make fun of the newlywed guy who's a part of the RedsZone 10 and likes bunnies.

Puffy - you are cued.

Puffy's afraid of me, now that he owes me approx 72 billion dollars for trademark stealing.

The rat.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I really want Marty and Steve to be calling a game, have Dunn go yard, Marty go nuts, and then Steve say "Damn shame that one didn't hang up a bit more, huh Marty? Could've had himself a sac fly."

Yeah, if that happened, Steve would be on the next train out of town. It'd almost be worth it.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 04:12 PM

Well, so did I, but my talent level approached Tony Womack's and my playing time Chris Denorfia.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't think always though, had one game where i was next to Todd swung my sword at a creature rolled a 1, dm said roll again to see if you hit Todd, roll high, another 1, dm said roll high this time or its going to get bloody. As you can guess a final 1 and Todd's character is minus 1 head.

Kid brothers always get screwed like that. The abuses I visited on my brothers' characters approached what you see inflicted on Eric Milton every fifth day.

westofyou
03-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Kid brothers always get screwed like that. The abuses I visited on my brothers' characters approached what you see inflicted on Eric Milton every fifth day.
Speak for yourself, I was a *nice* older brother.

Gainesville Red
03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
I had no idea, a bunch of Dungeons and Dragons type guys. Gonna have to find a new board. Damn shame. Guess I should have known with all the stats that get thrown around.;)

westofyou
03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I had no idea, a bunch of Dungeons and Dragons type guys. Gonna have to find a new board. Damn shame. Guess I should have known with all the stats that get thrown around.;)
Not me... D&D was for guys without GF's in my time.

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, if that happened, Steve would be on the next train out of town. It'd almost be worth it.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Before Marty could fire him Steve could say "and by the way..I quit"

LincolnparkRed
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
D&D was for guys without GF's in my time.
Still is :mooner:

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Speak for yourself, I was a *nice* older brother.

It's a good thing he never reads the game threads.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Not me... D&D was for guys without GF's in my time.

The amazing thing is that my GF actually stuck around after discovering the ugly truth.

It's become a little more mainstream since Vin Diesel went public with his D&D love, but not much.

pedro
03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
It's a good thing he never reads the game threads.

actually he was.

Doc. Scott
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
actually he was.

It's obvious that he didn't understand his role or know how to play the game, then. ;)

westofyou
03-29-2006, 05:54 PM
It's obvious that he didn't understand his role or know how to play the game, then.

I had another battle that was bigger and more deadly.

The older sister.... 19 months apart... and as surly as a cat in a pillowcase.