PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Reds Song

ryanparkersongs
03-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Hello. My name is Ryan Parker. I am a singer/songwriter and longtime Reds fan. I have written and recorded a song for the upcoming season called "This One Belongs To The Reds". You can hear it at:

www.ryanparkersongs.com/thisonebelongstothereds.mp3

Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

BoCcc2832
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Outstanding song. It makes me proud to be a Reds fan. Is there any chance you are going to officially release the song?

ryanparkersongs
03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
I would like to get the Reds organization involved with the song in some way. I have emailed all of the email addresses I can find. I wish I had some connections. :-)

Red Rover
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Excellent, gave me goose bumps!

MasonBuzz3
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
i see you took out the wily mo pena part from the earlier song. nice work.

ryanparkersongs
03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
I knew it was risky putting all 4 outfielders (Griffey, Dunn, Kearns, and Pena) in the song before the start of the season. :-)

max venable
03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Great job ryan!

:clap:

cincrazy
03-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow that was fantastic. Great job. May I ask whom you've emailed in the Reds organization? You might want to email one of the Reds beat writers and ask whom you should get ahold of. They're all very willing to help most of the time, and I'm sure they'd have no problem putting you in contact with the right people.

SirFelixCat
03-30-2006, 06:33 PM
There are a few that have Reds connections in 'round these parts...maybe send Big Donkey a PM?

BTW, props. Damn it's good to have baseball back :thumbup: Great song!!!

redsfan4445
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
awesome song.. you need to contact the Reds and let them play it during the games at home..

jhiller21
03-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Nice job, I really enjoyed this.

TOBTTReds
03-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Talk about a victory song...after each win that song should be played!

toledodan
03-31-2006, 02:26 AM
WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW GOOD THAT SONG IS! if i could give you 200 rep points right now i would. thank you so much for sharing that!:thumbup:

Ron Madden
03-31-2006, 03:31 AM
Hello. My name is Ryan Parker. I am a singer/songwriter and longtime Reds fan. I have written and recorded a song for the upcoming season called "This One Belongs To The Reds". You can hear it at:

www.ryanparkersongs.com/thisonebelongstothereds.mp3

Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

:thumbup: Good job Ryan Parker.

Send this to Lance McAlister, I know he will play it on the air. [email]Lance1360homer@fuse.net.

redsfanfalcon
03-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Actually, I gave a copy of this song a while back to a friend of mine that works at the Hall of Fame, and he said they played it over the loudspeaker there for a little while. He does not have the updated version, though.

StillFunkyB
03-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Excellent song!

This would be a good song to play down at the ballpark.

redlegsrock
03-31-2006, 08:36 AM
That song rocks, man! Keep up the good work!

ryanparkersongs
03-31-2006, 09:12 AM
I have emailed the song to Lance McCallister and a couple of people at WLW (Andy Furman and Seg Dennison). I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I do not have any addresses of anyone within the Reds organization. Anyone have any ideas? I would love to get the song played regularly at the stadium.

Red in Chicago
03-31-2006, 09:18 AM
love the part that says:

we'll bring back the legend of mr pete rose:thumbup:

Chip R
03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Great song, Ryan.

Tommyjohn25
03-31-2006, 09:56 AM
That is absolutely fantastic Ryan! I would love to hear it down at the ballyard this year! :thumbup:

TeamBoone
03-31-2006, 12:05 PM
For it to be a victory tune after each game, I really think it would need to be a faster song... and this is absolutely no knock on the song because it's great.

Could the same lyrics be sung with a more upbeat tempo? I'm not a song writer so I have no idea.

TeamMorris
03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Awesome...just AWESOME!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pedro
03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
nice. :)

TeamBoone
03-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Maybe Matt700wlw could help; try PMing him.

uks2h
03-31-2006, 02:20 PM
WOWOWOWOW, this is going onto my iPod and will be played as I roll around the I-75 corridor curve onto the beautiful skyline on my way to Opening Day.

KronoRed
03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Good stuff :)

OnBaseMachine
03-31-2006, 07:55 PM
This song was played on the radio a short while ago. My dad heard it while driving home.

Great job, Ryan.

TeamBoone
03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
This song was played on the radio a short while ago. My dad heard it while driving home.

Great job, Ryan.

Awesome! WLW?

OnBaseMachine
03-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Awesome! WLW?

Yup.

NatiRedGals
04-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Nice ryan! Deffiannlly cool ! O and it proves 700 wlw is a home town station! :)

Boss-Hog
04-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Great song

redsfan30
04-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Good work!

NastyBoy
04-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Nice.

SirFelixCat
04-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Anyone get this on the radio/to the Reds?

ryanparkersongs
04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I have sent the song to Lance McCallister at 1360 AM and Andy Furman at 700 AM. I know that 1360 AM has played the song. I have not heard it on 700 WLW yet, though. I do not know any FM stations to send the song to.

I have emailed and called the Reds marketing department about the song. I did receive a response back from one Reds representative giving me the specific name of another person to email. I hope something happens there.

I really do think the song is a great sing-along song for play at the ballpark. I am not sure if the Reds are allowed to play songs with "Pete Rose" in them, though.

04-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm sure they have showed images of Rose on the video board in the montage historical thing they have shown. I bet they could. That sond sent a chill down my spine. I like it!

SirFelixCat
04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I have sent the song to Lance McCallister at 1360 AM and Andy Furman at 700 AM. I know that 1360 AM has played the song. I have not heard it on 700 WLW yet, though. I do not know any FM stations to send the song to.

I have emailed and called the Reds marketing department about the song. I did receive a response back from one Reds representative giving me the specific name of another person to email. I hope something happens there.

I really do think the song is a great sing-along song for play at the ballpark. I am not sure if the Reds are allowed to play songs with "Pete Rose" in them, though.

Good for you and good luck. I really enjoyed it.

RFS62
04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Very nice!!!

:beerme:

Jr's Boy
04-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Great song.

ryanparkersongs
04-30-2006, 09:25 AM
I just wanted to move this to the top again since it is so relevant again at the moment. The Reds are doing great so far this year and I feel like the words to the song are going to come true!

Reds1
04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Cool. I missed this the 1st time. Have you heard back from anyone in the Reds organization? It was great

FlyingPig
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
When I listened to this song a month ago, I absolutely loved it...

Now...after the month the Reds just gave us, I played it again and actually got chills!

I remember '75-'76 like it was last week and '90 like it was yesterday..Even if it doesn't last through August, I have enjoyed the Reds of April '06 as much as I have in years..

Bravo RyanParker!! Thank you for the timing and the words of a great song!

:clap:

ryanparkersongs
05-01-2006, 09:29 AM
I have heard back from the people in the marketing department for the Reds. They told me I was too late to get the song on their compilation CD about the Reds this year. I cannot seem to get a positive response on getting the song played in the park either. I always just get forwarded on to the next person. :-(

In any case, I hope they reconsider as the season progresses. I hope more that the Reds keep making the lyrics come true! This season has been great so far. Let's hope that the Reds can keep it going!

bengalred
05-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Awesome Song!

ryanparkersongs
05-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I don't know how many of you go to the games or not, but I just wanted to let everyone on the board know that I am going to be playing my songs in "street musician" fashion before tomorrow night's game. WKRC (Channel 12) contacted me today about doing a story about the songs. They are going to do the story tomorrow as I am playing the songs outside the stadium. Many of your comments and emails have been so nice. Stop by and see me if you are headed to the game. I will most likely be at the corner of 2nd and Main.

In case you haven't heard the songs:

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/thisonebelongstothereds.mp3
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/songs/cincinnatiisabaseballtown.mp3

redsfan4445
05-08-2006, 06:29 PM
That is so lame saying it is to late!!! they should get your songs on their CD

WVRedsFan
05-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Just found this. Awesome!!!

The songs and performance remind me of Harry Chapin.

Keep writing, Ryan. You certainly have talent.

savafan
05-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Looks like maybe the Reds Community Fund puts together the CD?

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060508&content_id=1443991&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

By Kyle Burch / Special to MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds Community Fund, always thinking of ways to involve the community and raise money for its different programs, has put together "Clutch Hits," a CD compilation of local and national musical talent focusing on songs about baseball and the Reds.

The disc features music from 11 different local talents, as well as nationally acclaimed acts Blessid Union of Souls and Peter Frampton. It also includes a contribution from Raquel Aurilia, wife of Reds infielder Rich Aurilia, and an introduction from legendary Reds radio broadcaster Marty Brennaman.

The different genres of music included in the compilation should bring a wide range of appeal, reaching out to all Reds fans. According to Reds creative media manager David Storm, the idea of using music to raise money came from Reds Hall of Famer George Foster.

"George is the commissioner of the [Reds Rookie Success League], and when he was out on the field one day last year, we had some music playing and the kids were dancing and singing with it," said Storm, whose band The Screaming Mimes has two songs on the disc. "He said that this should be a way for us to reach the kids. Through the music."

The album is sort of a follow up to a disc put together last season by Jeff Pence and Reds Community Fund adviser Vikki Rieger. That disc only had eight songs, most coming from Pence's band Blessid Union of Souls, and was given out to the kids who took part in the RRSL.

Reds Community Fund executive director Charley Frank says that the ultimate goal was to present a wider and more diverse sampling of music for Reds fans.

"Vikki really carried the ball for us with this project," Frank said. "This year's CD is almost like a second phase of the project. Our ultimate goal was to get as many local people involved in this project, and I think those who have done the work on this have exceeded everyone's expectations."

So in the offseason, Storm joined Pence to begin compiling a list of some of their favorite local bands to ask for a recording for the disc. An important part of the compilation was variety. Listeners can find everything from bluegrass (Jake Speed), funk (Freekbass) to power pop (psychodots and And Andy) and folk (Noah Hunt).

All of the artists contributed an original song to the compilation -- something that Storm says makes the CD unique.

"Hearing everyone's personal take on the Reds is something that makes the songs stand out," he said. "Since everyone is local, they are all big fans of the Reds, too."

The discs will be on sale at the Reds Community Fund booth at all home games at Great American Ball Park, and a sampling of the music can be heard being played pre- and postgame during all 81 home games this season.

Fans can also order the CD online at reds.com in the RCF Online Shop.

Because Buddy Rogers Music is the main sponsor of the project, the CDs are expected to be available at all Buddy Rogers locations in Cincinnati very soon.

Fans will also get a chance to catch some of the acts featured on the CD live in the Fan Zone as part of the Taco Bell Late-Night Concert Series following every Friday and Saturday game at Great American Ball Park. Blessid Union of Souls, for example, will be performing on Saturday, Aug. 5, following the Reds-Braves game.

All proceeds from the Clutch Hits CD benefit the RCF, the official nonprofit organization of the Cincinnati Reds.

ryanparkersongs
07-01-2006, 12:21 AM
This one certainly belongs to the Reds! Tied for 1st place again! It is a night of celebration! The song is STILL coming true...and it is JULY! :-)

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/thisonebelongstothereds.mp3

2001MUgrad
07-01-2006, 12:26 AM
That is so lame saying it is to late!!! they should get your songs on their CD

That CD was so lame!!!

RicFlair
07-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I remember reading an article about you in the Independent. So, imagine my suprise seeing you post here! Good stuff.

IrishDavidKY
07-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Great song! Gave me a real special feeling. Well done, Ryan!

ryanparkersongs
07-18-2006, 03:45 PM
I got to go play "This One Belongs To The Reds" at the Reds Hall of Fame Induction banquet Sunday and I figured I would post to let everyone know how it went. All of the former players and current announcers were very nice. I got my picture taken with several of my favorite Reds:

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandjoe.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandchris.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandgeorge.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandjohnny.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandken.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandmarty.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryanandsteve.jpg
http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/images/ryan1.jpg

The only current Red I got to talk to was Todd Coffey. He was very nice, though. They originally told me they were going to have me play both of my songs: "Cincinnati is a Baseball Town" and "This One Belongs To The Reds", but they cut the "Cincinnati is a Baseball Town" song at the last minute.

That was the only disappointment because I had told Todd Coffey that I mentioned him in one of the songs. He asked if it said good things about him. I told him it did and for him to listen when I sang it ... but that was the only disappointment of the night.