PDA

View Full Version : Reds text message updates

kbrake
03-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Just curious if anyone else has the Reds text message thing for their phone? Wondering if their are extra cost or if it is really $3.99? Also if it is worth it to those who do have it.

RedsMan3203
03-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Probably gonna cost yah per text from ur phone company also.

Like for Cingular is 10 cent a message... Weather your sending or getting one.

You can buy a pack of text messages for X price from them... So you'd be lookin at about 7-10$ a month.. or more depending on how many message updates you get.

My best suggestion is to set up ur phone for internet and have ur front new pages set up to show u the score of the Reds game.. In and out in a new time and it will only cost you a few cents.

kbrake
03-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah that kind of sounds complicated, I dont really do well with technology stuff. Getting on a message board is about all I can do on a computer and talking is about all I can do on a cell phone. I have had this phone for about a year and a half and I just found out tonight that I have text messaging. And that was only cause a friend showed it to me, I know I'm sad. lol.

kbrake
03-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Still curious if their are any of you who use this service or have in the past what your opinions are on it? Thanks for any help.

mound_patrol
03-31-2006, 10:01 AM
i've been told you can call 1 800 555 8355 for updates on games and it only cost you the air time.

KearnsyEars
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
has anyone thought about buying the MLB radio from best buy? I know it has XM capabilities and the 24 hour baseball channel on it. I just saw an add for it in Sports Illustrated, and David Ortiz was holding one. Just wondering if I could get more info on it.

deltachi8
03-31-2006, 12:06 PM
How about this one...I have data service on my sprint phone, is there a site i can get the reds (or any game) score board, like the yahoo game day thing - pitch to pitch?

BCubb2003
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
How about this one...I have data service on my sprint phone, is there a site i can get the reds (or any game) score board, like the yahoo game day thing - pitch to pitch?

There's an ESPN site I can get on my Sprint phone that follows the in-game action. You have to refresh the page, but it's decent. You can also get CBSSportsline but I don't know if it does more than update the linescore,