PDA

View Full Version : Reds all Red Jersey

indyred
04-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Is the all red jersey a Sunday only thing at home. Do they use it on the road? I think it's cool looking. Nice change of pace.........Do they ever use it other than Sunday games? Like holidays...... Being new to the area and my first year following the team everyday.....I don't know the tradition of this jersey....

reds44
04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Only a Sunday home thing, but I agree I like them alot.

captainmorgan07
04-09-2006, 09:48 PM
there alright maybe alil to much red but a change of pace is always good some throwback uni's on sundays would'nt be to bad

DropDocK
04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
They were wearing the red underneath for saturdays game for some reason, but yeah, generally a sunday thing. Imo they should have the red on more often than the miserable black that every other team went to.

Gainesville Red
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
My opinion: They should wear the red hat w/ the red bill.

And I like the Sunday home jerseys.

DropDocK
04-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah that is my other pet peeve about the hats. It's one thing to wear the black jerseys but the black bill on a Reds hat looks ridiculous.

George Foster
04-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I think they should retire the red jersey's, their bad luck. Tracy Jones said today they never win Sunday home games. What was their record last year during Sunday games? All the black is bad luck as well. What have we done since they started wearing the black sleeves, black hats, black jackets, etc.
NOTHING!!!! We are the Reds...right? Wear red for God's sake.

Chip R
04-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I think they should retire the red jersey's, their bad luck. Tracy Jones said today they never win Sunday home games.

Well if Tracy Jones said it, it must be true. :rolleyes:

A-Dub
04-09-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm not really a big fan of them. I used to like them but I've just kinda grown sick of them. Plus it seems like we always play like crap in them.

macro
04-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Since we're on the subject of uniforms, what's the deal with the long-sleeved undershirts that some Reds players and some Pirates players wore this weekend? The Reds' red shirts look like they had black smears on the elbows, and the Pirates' black shirts had the same thing in yellow. At first I thought the Reds players had actually smeared something on their elbows, but then I saw the yellow coming through the Pirates shirts and concluded that it was the color of part of the fabric.

:confused:

MasonBuzz3
04-10-2006, 12:33 AM
My opinion: They should wear the red hat w/ the red bill.

And I like the Sunday home jerseys.
i agree, but I would like the Reds to take it one step further. I would like the Reds to wear the all red hats at home and the red hats with the black bill on the road, and do away with the black hats.

macro
04-10-2006, 12:36 AM
i agree, but I would like the Reds to take it one step further. I would like the Reds to wear the all red hats at home and the red hats with the black bill on the road, and do away with the black hats.

:clap:

Yep, and ditch the black undershirts, as well, wearing red both home and road. I really wish they'd go with sleeved jerseys, actually, but ditching the black would be a start, at least.

Gainesville Red
04-10-2006, 12:37 AM

That's where we differ. I like all red at home, black w/ red bill on the road.

MasonBuzz3
04-10-2006, 12:48 AM
That's where we differ. I like all red at home, black w/ red bill on the road.
i wouldn't mind that too much. but i just don't get why they never wear the all red hats. I remember them wearing them every once in a while at the old ballpark for one season. for some reason I have an image of Aaron Boone wearing one in my head.

Gainesville Red
04-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Honestly, and this is silly, I want them to wear them because that's the one I always get when the old one get's too stinky. If they wore them, it'd be easier for me to find new one's when the old one's worn out.

Last time it wasn't as difficult as the time before because one of the rappers where's it now.

BoomerSoonerRed
04-10-2006, 02:40 AM
Anyone see the Brewers game on Sunday? They were decked out in the old-school blue pinstripes from the 1980s with the ball-in-the-glove logo.
How about we break out the double knits without belts from the Big Red Machine days?

jmcclain19
04-10-2006, 02:55 AM
I'd prefer the Reds bring back the Gray unis with Red pinstripes from the mid 90's. Always one of my favs.

But the all-Red unis are a bad thing. And I agree with the idea that the team should have the all red hats all the time, no more black.

After all, the team is called the REDS.

macro
04-10-2006, 07:58 AM
How about we break out the double knits without belts from the Big Red Machine days?

Only if Majestic or whoever makes them will do it right! When they've worn 70s throwback in recent seasons, they've been a disaster. The numbers and names on the back were too small, the v-neck collars hung way down low, the white pinstripe in the collars was much too wide, the jerseys and pants were way too baggy, and they wore the pants dragging the ground. If this is what we have to look at, I'd rather not see them at all.

I understand that today's players aren't going to wear their unis tight like they did in the 70s, but they didn't have to be as baggy as they made them. The other mistakes I mentioned were either just laziness on the part of the manufacturer or stubborness on the part of players (pants dragging ground).

Yachtzee
04-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Since we're on the subject of uniforms, what's the deal with the long-sleeved undershirts that some Reds players and some Pirates players wore this weekend? The Reds' red shirts look like they had black smears on the elbows, and the Pirates' black shirts had the same thing in yellow. At first I thought the Reds players had actually smeared something on their elbows, but then I saw the yellow coming through the Pirates shirts and concluded that it was the color of part of the fabric.

It's Nike. Baseball won't let them put their swooshes all over everything, so they opted to add that ugly dot-matrix design to the sleeves of the under shirts. It's similar to how they've made college football uniforms look ugly by adding things like alternate-color sleeves and "bra straps" in the back. The University of Miami uniforms are the classic example. They won't be satisfied until every bit of real estate on an athlete's body is identifiable by brand name.

smith288
04-10-2006, 09:21 AM
I think they should retire the red jersey's, their bad luck. Tracy Jones said today they never win Sunday home games. What was their record last year during Sunday games? All the black is bad luck as well. What have we done since they started wearing the black sleeves, black hats, black jackets, etc.
NOTHING!!!! We are the Reds...right? Wear red for God's sake.
Technically, we are the "Reds Stockings" so if the Red's socks are red, then they are following their tradition. :p:

Everything else is just color coordination.

KearnsyEars
04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Love the white pinstripes home jersey with red sleeves, red hat with black bill. It's classy. I think it's gonna be around for a while.

redsfanmia
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I long for the 70's to early 90's classic look myself. Go back to the uniforms when the team was most successfull.

KearnsyEars
04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
It's a new era, we will be good again, and these uniforms will be loved again. And all will be well in Mudville.

George Foster
04-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Technically, we are the "Reds Stockings" so if the Red's socks are red, then they are following their tradition. :p:

Everything else is just color coordination.

How would you know? They wear their pants so baggy by the spikes you can't see there socks.

smith288
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Your point? Their socks are indeed red so whether or not you see them is beside the point.

I think their current uniforms are one of the most nice looking uniforms in the league. I hope they stay with them for a while.

WVPacman
04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
To be honest I never liked the black on the reds uniforms!! I mean this is the reds for crying out loud.Reds don't suppose to wear black they should wear red!!! I think they should wear the white jerseys with the red sleaves at home games and wear the all red jerseys at away games.

Get rid of the black they are terrible!!!!!

jhiller21
04-12-2006, 02:03 AM
I think we should use the all-red jersey on the road. Split it with the grey (away) vest with red sleeves. Top it off with an old-fashioned all red cap, and we might win 2-3 more road games, based on style alone :)

At home, it's a split between the white pin-stripe vest, and the red jersey. All-red cap as well.

High red socks are mandatory :laugh:

Edit: Anyway, when did black become our "secondary color"? We're the Reds. Let white or grey pants denote where we play, we should always wear red.

zombie-a-go-go
04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
I think they should switch to a yellow-and-green color scheme. They can keep the black bill on the red hats, too, I like that.

Big Klu
04-12-2006, 11:22 PM
I wrote this last season, but I think it applies here, too.

I have a few ideas about uniform design, and I thought I would share them. Plan A utilizes the current uniforms (including the black, for those who like the current style), while Plan B looks to the past for some classic Reds styles.

Note: The alternate uniforms do not have to be "Sunday only".

Plan A
Home: White sleeveless uniform (with or without pinstripes--preferably without), C-Reds logo on left breast, red number on right breast, red sleeves, solid red cap :redcap:

Alternate Home #1: White sleeveless uniform (as above), black sleeves, black cap with red bill :bredscap:

Alternate Home #2: Red sleeved jersey with white pants (pants with or without pinstripes, as above), C-Reds logo on left breast, white number on right breast, solid red cap :redcap:

Away: Gray sleeveless uniform with black trim around armhole, "CINCINNATI" in red arched block letters, red number offset below on left side, red sleeves, red cap with black bill :redbbcap:

Alternate Away #1: Gray sleeveless uniform (as above), black sleeves, black cap with red bill :bredscap:

Alternate Away #2: Red sleeved jersey (same as Alt. Home #2) with gray pants, red cap with black bill :redbbcap:

Plan B
Go back to the 1970 uniforms. One solid red cap, one home white uniform, one road gray uniform. (But an alternate look that is inspired by the 50's and 60's.)

Home: White sleeved uniform, C-Reds logo on left breast, red number on right breast, solid red cap.

Home Alternate: White sleeveless uniform, Mr. Redlegs head on left breast, red number on right breast, red sleeves, white cap with red bill.

Away: Gray sleeved uniform, "CINCINNATI" in red arched block letters, red number offset below on left side, solid red cap.

Away Alternate: Gray sleeveless uniform with black trim around armhole, "CINCINNATI" in red arched block letters trimmed in black, red number trimmed in black offset below on left side, red sleeves, gray cap with red bill (red C trimmed in black).

Regardless of which plan is implemented, the pants should be worn at the proper height to display the socks (stirrups, preferably) as they are supposed to be.

Jpup
04-13-2006, 02:15 PM

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2540741dt.jpg

Jpup
04-13-2006, 02:21 PM
The announcers on WGN mentioned yesterday that the wishbone C on the batting helmets looked bigger this year as well. The initially thought Kearns looked larger than everyone elses, but it appeared the same after further inspection.

I think it is a little different or it's just that the helmets are cleaner being early in the season.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/2006/04/12/AeXzXocp.jpg

man, Dunn is looking more like Will Ferrell by the day.

macro
04-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the photo, pup! I can now see that the shaded areas on the middle of the arms consist of tiny dots of color. Somehow it just looks like a stain on TV.

As for the "C" on the helmets, they have been too large ever since the team switched to the two-tone helmets in 1999, and there have inconsistencies from one player to another every year. Some have been outlandishly large.

KronoRed
04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2540741dt.jpg
Looks like a superhero shirt :dunno:

Casey_21
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I think adding some white pin stripes to their Sunday Reds jerseys, and taking out that black trimming would be nice, also just having the 'C' on the front of the jersey like they did in the inagural season. Then having plain white pants w/ the red belt, with a small 'C' logo at the top of the left leg or something. I would go with the all red hats too... :)