PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Slugger Field

indyred
04-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Any idea how this park plays......is it pitchers or hitters park.....is it a pretty nice stadium........I've just seen it from the outside and it looks cool......any tips on going to this park......are tickets pretty easy to get on game day......

Jharb74
04-12-2006, 11:03 AM
It is a great stadium, I've been a few times. However, for as great as it is, it has a few things that are annoying. About 80% of the good seats are sold to season ticket holders. So if you go later in the season you'll notice a lot of empty seats behind home plate and down the 1st and 3rd base lines.

If you don't have season tickets you pretty much can get tickets in the outfield, right field line, left field line, and the two ends of the upper deck. The outfield would be my choice. Mainly because no seats are angled towards home plate, so if anyone stands up they can block your view if you are down the lines .

This all sounds picky, but it doesn't keep me from going a few times a year.

aodaniel
04-12-2006, 11:03 AM
It seems to be a hitter's park, but maybe that's because the Red's minor league pitching hasn't been very good since the park opened. Definitely a nice stadium, has to be one of the best in the country for the minors. Definitely easy to get tickets on gameday, just walk up before the game.