PDA

View Full Version : baseball in-demand question

joebagnell
04-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Sorry in advance it this is in the wrong forum...

Im a lifetime red fan who lives in new jersey. I ordered the cable tv mlb package specifically to see the reds. Yesterday and todays games were not available, and when I called the cable company to ask why, they said the reason for the blackout or lack of inclusion was that the game was being shown on WGN. I dont have WGN so that shouldnt affect me, or so I thought.

Does anyone else out there have any experience with the baseball package through cable, (i have comcast, but im not sure that makes a difference) and is this a common problem?

SirFelixCat
04-13-2006, 08:43 PM

Im a lifetime red fan who lives in new jersey. I ordered the cable tv mlb package specifically to see the reds. Yesterday and todays games were not available, and when I called the cable company to ask why, they said the reason for the blackout or lack of inclusion was that the game was being shown on WGN. I dont have WGN so that shouldnt affect me, or so I thought.

Does anyone else out there have any experience with the baseball package through cable, (i have comcast, but im not sure that makes a difference) and is this a common problem?

Bummer. I have Cox cable here in Tx, and I also get WGN, so I guess I'm just lucky

Reds Fanatic
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM

The reason the game was not on is because games on national networks like WGN and WTBS are not on the extra innings package. Now if the Reds network had carried the game it would have been on the package. If the Cubs cable network would have carried the game it would have been on. But if just WGN carries a game they don't put it on extra innings because most cable systems carry WGN. There are some networks that don't have contracts with extra innings and that is why their games are not on. 2 examples are the Padres and Phillies. You never see their games on extra innings unless it is the other teams broadcast.

joebagnell
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Thank you. That makes total sense. I was worried that this would be a constant problem, but it seems cool.

strangely enough, we got wgn until about 4-5 years ago. Being a reds fan here was a bit more bearable because we got all the reds/cubs games as well as the reds/braves on tbs.... anyway.
I already get mets, phillies and yanks. yuck!
thanks again for clearing that up.

edabbs44
04-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear it Joe, I am also a NJ Reds fan but I have WGN. Too bad I had to work today.