PDA

View Full Version : MLB Extra Innings=weird

Wheelhouse
04-15-2006, 01:55 PM
This is the third day in a row they are not showing the Reds. I hope the season isn't like this. I'm in NY -- is anyone lese getting the game via extra innings somewhere else? Also does anyone have the 2006 extra innings schedule?

redsfaninbsg
04-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, the game is being shown on extra innings here in Big Stone Gap, Virginia.

Wheelhouse
04-15-2006, 02:28 PM
What a drag--I guess the schedule varies by region. Glad you're getting the game tho!

BCubb2003
04-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Not getting it here in Syracuse.

westofyou
04-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Not getting it here in Syracuse.
Are you guys on a cable system or digital?

I'm getting it in PDX on Directv, Pedro has Comcast cable, 3 miles away and he's not getting it. His provider is sharing stations with NHL Center Ice.

BCubb2003
04-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I've got Time Warner Cable, and it seems to be the same situation as Pedro's.

joebagnell
04-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Ive got comcast in New Jersey, and we haven't had, ... i think today is the fourth game in a row. I posted this in another thread looking for answers, and i also attempted to get in touch with the extra innings people through my cable co., to no avail.

the website they give you to look at the schedule is also a dead link.

reds1869
04-15-2006, 05:27 PM
I've got Time Warner Cable, and it seems to be the same situation as Pedro's.

Yes, I get the Center Ice package. Imagine my surprise when I lost hockey ADN baseball!

Yachtzee
04-15-2006, 05:50 PM
IIRC, until the NHL season ends, MLB EI offers fewer games per day on cable because they have fewer channels. Once NHL is over, EI takes over the extra channels. At least that's how it was when I had EI and Time Warner.

PMand JM
04-15-2006, 07:23 PM
I switched from TWC to Dish this year and got both last nights and today's. I live in Rochester, and as an added bonus, I don't get the Yanks:cool:

Reds Fanatic
04-15-2006, 07:45 PM
IIRC, until the NHL season ends, MLB EI offers fewer games per day on cable because they have fewer channels. Once NHL is over, EI takes over the extra channels. At least that's how it was when I had EI and Time Warner. That is the reason some of these games are not on. Time Warner has 10 channels that are used for both MLB extra innings and the NHL package. Until the NHL is over some MLB games don't get shown because they are used for the NHL games.

Reds Fanatic
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
If you are using Time Warner for Extra Innings this website will show you the exact schedule of what games are on. They update this throughout the year.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/schedule/schedule.jsp

Caveat Emperor
04-15-2006, 07:55 PM
That is the reason some of these games are not on. Time Warner has 10 channels that are used for both MLB extra innings and the NHL package. Until the NHL is over some MLB games don't get shown because they are used for the NHL games.

So, as usual...blame Canada.

http://www.webdevil.com/jp/CXR/jpg/blame%20canada.jpg

Fullboat
04-16-2006, 01:40 AM
What kills me is that they show a black screen for the blacked out game in ones area
instead of replaceing it with another game.:angry: