PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Deal With Pujols..........

Keithwg_24
04-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Can someone do us all a favor and everytime we play the Cards pull a Lewis Scott on him and get him drunk and messed up and kidnap him for 3 or 4 days... Celtic Pride style, this really would be the only way to keep him from killing us. As much as I hate him, you can't throw strikes to the guy, he just kills them, especially when it's a red throwing them

reds44
04-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Celtic Pride was the best movie ever.

Benny-Distefano
04-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Never understood why he hurts us so bad.

Perception is skewed a bit though I think.

"Bagwell is a Reds Killer," "Pujols is a Reds Killer," etc etc etc

I think maybe Reds Pitching is the real "Reds Killer."

OnBaseMachine
04-16-2006, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Benny-Distefano]Never understood why he hurts us so bad.
[QUOTE]

It's a combination of three things:

1. He is a great hitter.

2. The Reds pitching sucks. Bad pitching and great hitting is not a good mix.

3. The umps never call strikes on him. The only way to get a strike on Pujols is if he swings and misses or fouls off a pitch. He gets the special strikezone which is ridiculous, in my opinion.

reds44
04-16-2006, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Benny-Distefano]Never understood why he hurts us so bad.
[QUOTE]

3. The umps never call strikes on him. The only way to get a strike on Pujols is if he swings and misses or fouls off a pitch. He gets the special strikezone which is ridiculous, in my opinion.
That 1st pitch was such an ovbious strike. You have to throw one right down the middle to get a strike called on him.

God I hate that entire team.

KronoRed
04-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Walk him unless it wins the game for the other team..walk walk walk..or bean him.

WMR
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Pray?

Yah, I'm with Krono, bean the guy.

Red in Chicago
04-16-2006, 06:39 PM
i thought the first pitch was a clear strike as well...he does seem to get quite a few calls in his favor...

blumj
04-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Pray?

Yah, I'm with Krono, bean the guy.

Usually Bronson doesn't need to be told that. Was he struggling to command his FB today? That's what usually gets him into trouble, along with maybe a few too many hangers.

WMR
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I would say he struggled with his control a bit today... he certainly didn't have his best stuff, yet he still went after every batter with his "I'm gonna challenge you no matter what" approach and Jerry Narron--INEXPLICABLY--didn't see fit to instruct him--or any other pitcher--to do otherwise. :(

2001MUgrad
04-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Walk him unless it wins the game for the other team..walk walk walk..or bean him.

I agree 100% with that. You do not let 1 person beat you single handedly. The Reds did that today. I understand not walking him in the 9th with a runner on first I suppose, but what about the other 2 times he hit dingers.

Raisor
04-16-2006, 08:17 PM
What to do with Pujols? Walk him and pitch to the rhino.

Yachtzee
04-16-2006, 08:22 PM
"How do you solve a problem like a Pujols?" :confused:

Raisor
04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
"How do you solve a problem like a Pujols?" :confused:

"The hills are alive, with the sound of Pujols"

GAC
04-16-2006, 08:28 PM

I thought walks kill? ;)

Pujols is every pitcher's nightmare. Not just the Reds.

Think it was easy pitching to guys like Mays and Mantle?

Joseph
04-16-2006, 08:46 PM
The way to keep Pujols from hurting you is to get out those around him so all his HRs are solo shots instead of 2 or 3 run HRs.

Yachtzee
04-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I thought walks kill? ;)

No. Walks will haunt. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :scared:

Yachtzee
04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
"The hills are alive, with the sound of Pujols"

Visions of George Grande in a dirndl, spinning around on a mountain meadow. :eek:

KronoRed
04-16-2006, 09:10 PM
I thought walks kill? ;)

Pujols is every pitcher's nightmare. Not just the Reds.

Think it was easy pitching to guys like Mays and Mantle?
Considering the rest of that lineup I'd take a chance for a DP.

traderumor
04-16-2006, 09:20 PM
A few well placed inside pitches never hurt. If he doesn't get out of the way, that's his problem. But most of the Reds pitchers cannot or will not back guys off the plate, probaby the former.

Falls City Beer
04-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Usually Bronson doesn't need to be told that. Was he struggling to command his FB today? That's what usually gets him into trouble, along with maybe a few too many hangers.

Yeah, he was struggling to command everything. And bad hitters were hitting lasers off him. Pathetic start.

Mario-Rijo
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
A few well placed inside pitches never hurt. If he doesn't get out of the way, that's his problem. But most of the Reds pitchers cannot or will not back guys off the plate, probaby the former.

My thoughts exactly. For some reason Bronson didn't try it, like he did with Derek Lee last Week. I think that Weathers actually may have been trying to get it inside the last time but left it out over the plate a smidge just where Pujols likes it. I did notice that early on they were trying to get him fishing upstairs, maybe this is their new strategy.

traderumor
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, he was struggling to command everything. And bad hitters were hitting lasers off him. Pathetic start.He was hurt, as were all the Reds' pitchers, by the non-existent strike zone. It forced him to work from behind too much, which is trouble for any pitcher.

Jpup
04-17-2006, 12:00 PM
He was hurt, as were all the Reds' pitchers, by the non-existent strike zone. It forced him to work from behind too much, which is trouble for any pitcher.

same umpire for both teams. good teams win despite umpires.

Falls City Beer
04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
same umpire for both teams. good teams win despite umpires.

Exactly. Good teams don't let fecal matter like Rodriguez pummel them.