PDA

View Full Version : 4-16 Minor League Scores and Updates

Elam
04-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Not a whole lot going on today. Louisville already played and won 5-1:
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2006_04_16_ottaaa_louaaa_1

Chattanooga just started Votto has hit a ground rule double in his first AB.
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2006_04_16_cngaax_mobaax_1

Elam
04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Bong decided to walk 3 and give up 3 hits in his first inning in order to give up to 4 runs total.

4-1 Mobile after 1.

Elam
04-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Bases are loaded for Sanchez in the 2nd. 1 out.
Sanchez gets a hit to bring in 2.
Now tied 4-4.
Votto strikes out swinging on a 1-2 curveball. 2 outs.
Herr grounds out to 3rd. 3 outs.
Tied 4-4 after 1.5.

KittyDuran
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Mobile Bottom 2nd

Kennard Jones grounds out, first baseman Joey Votto to pitcher Jung Keun Bong.
Juan Ciriaco triples (1) on a fly ball to center fielder Chris Dickerson.
George Kottaras strikes out swinging.
Brett Bonvechio strikes out swinging.

Chattanooga Top 3rd

Ryan Hanigan grounds out, second baseman Luis Cruz to first baseman Fernando Valenzuela Jr.
Javier Colina flies out to left fielder Drew Macias.
Eric Crozier called out on strikes.

It still is 4-4 after 3 innings... Mobile left the bases loaded in the B3.
Mobile Bottom 3rd

Steve Baker walks.
Drew Macias flies out to center fielder Chris Dickerson.
Luis Cruz doubles (2) on a ground ball to left fielder Alex Sanchez. Steve Baker to 3rd.
Fernando Valenzuela Jr. strikes out swinging.
Cesar Carrillo walks.
Kennard Jones grounds into a force out, first baseman Joey Votto to shortstop Anderson Machado. Cesar Carrillo out at 2nd.

KittyDuran
04-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Brad Salomon (sp?) in to pitch for Lookouts in B4. Lookouts went down in order in the T4.

KittyDuran
04-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Mobile scored 2 runs in the B4 and now lead 6-4. Bubba Nelson in to pitch for Mobile in the T5. Alex Sanchez grounds out. Votto up. Announcers are saying that Bubba looks a little leaner this year. Votto grounds out. Herr FO.

KittyDuran
04-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Mobile now leads 7-4 going to the B6 - need to get ready for bed - but here is the breakdown from minorleaguebaseball.com but only to the B5.

Chattanooga Top 5th

Pitcher Change: Bubba Nelson replaces Cesar Carrillo, batting 9th.
Alex Sanchez grounds out, shortstop Juan Ciriaco to first baseman Fernando Valenzuela Jr.
Joey Votto grounds out, second baseman Luis Cruz to first baseman Fernando Valenzuela Jr.
Aaron Herr flies out to right fielder Steve Baker.

Mobile Bottom 5th

Fernando Valenzuela Jr. walks.
Bubba Nelson out on a sacrifice bunt, first baseman Joey Votto to second baseman Javier Colina. Fernando Valenzuela Jr. to 2nd.
Kennard Jones strikes out swinging.
Juan Ciriaco doubles (2) on a ground ball to left fielder Alex Sanchez. Fernando Valenzuela Jr. scores.
George Kottaras called out on strikes.

EX BRAVEDAD
04-16-2006, 10:35 PM
You dont know how good it feels that Bubba is not in this org. anymore and to get the win against his old team as well. I am enjoying this.Good luck to the lookouts and his old team mates though not against the baybears.

tbball10
04-17-2006, 12:06 PM
maybe if bubba wasn't under the influence when he was on the mound, he would have pitched better with the reds, instead of his 1-10 with a 7.09 era with louisville in 2004.:)

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 12:22 PM
maybe if bubba wasn't under the influence when he was on the mound, he would have pitched better with the reds, instead of his 1-10 with a 7.09 era with louisville in 2004.:)

Can we let comments like this go? Yeah, Bubba pitched poorly, but there's no need for comments like this, IMO.

OnBaseMachine
04-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Can we let comments like this go? Yeah, Bubba pitched poorly, but there's no need for comments like this, IMO.

Agreed. Especially when Bubba'a dad posts on here.

KySteveH
04-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Agreed. Especially when Bubba'a dad posts on here.
I agree 100%...One thing I've always thought was that players' kids and wives are possibly reading this board. Maybe not many, but I bet there are a few. Bubba's father chose to make himself known, I'm sure others don't.

It's one thing to say that a player makes a poor play because of something that is known to be true and relevant. That comment was neither.

SteelSD
04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
You dont know how good it feels that Bubba is not in this org. anymore and to get the win against his old team as well. I am enjoying this.Good luck to the lookouts and his old team mates though not against the baybears.

Best of luck to you and Bubba as well.

And I'd love to, at some point, hear your take as to where everything went wrong with Bubba's development in the Reds organization.

tbball10
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
my post was meant as a joke, and i didn't think it was that big of a deal, because people make similar posts like this all the time about ryan freel.

traderumor
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
IIRC, EXBRAVEDAD wasn't happy with the Braves org., either. Seems to be a pattern developing here. While I agree that the one poster was out of line, I don't think EXBRAVEDAD should be given a free pass for coming back here and mooning his son's former org.

kheidg-
04-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Bubba vs. the Bong - who makes it to the ML first. Being that he has been there in the parts of the last 2 years my money is on the bong. He seems to be getting hit pretty hard but didn't really have much spring training due to the Classic where he was used sparingly (due to the heavier drug testing).

KySteveH
04-17-2006, 06:15 PM
my post was meant as a joke, and i didn't think it was that big of a deal, because people make similar posts like this all the time about ryan freel.
I hear you...I'm sure you meant no harm.

I think the Ryan Freel DUI angle has been played out too. Being a public figure, even a minor one like a baseball player, means your dirty laundry is going to get aired. I think at some point you have to refrain from drawing conclusions from limited data, though. It's one thing for a player with a history of bad behavior gets his name on the blotter. But anyone can make one mistake, and it shouldn't dog you forever.

Caveat Emperor
04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
IIRC, EXBRAVEDAD wasn't happy with the Braves org., either. Seems to be a pattern developing here. While I agree that the one poster was out of line, I don't think EXBRAVEDAD should be given a free pass for coming back here and mooning his son's former org.

I don't greatly begrudge him.

I understand the frustration that can be involved with having "inside" information that you don't feel comfortable divulging for many reasons (including possible adverse impacts on the person you got the information from -- in thsi case, his son). I'm sure Bubba's dad has more than his fair share of information that would cause him to dislike the Reds -- I'd be upset if someone jerked around and mismanaged the career of someone I cared about.

I echo Steel's comments -- I'd like (someday) to get some stories about how and what the Reds did with Bubba. It'd be a revealing look, from the ground, as to what is potentially going wrong with the pitching development in this organization.

EX BRAVEDAD
04-17-2006, 07:47 PM
listen I can live with the comments about Bubba and his DUI which by the way was tossed out due to no probable cause and he was given reckless driving. But the guy who said that I was not pleased with the Braves is dead wrong. Bubba was 30 minutes from being a Brave again. I was extremely pleased with the development that Bubba got when he was with the Braves. I will tell you one story that happened to Bubba when he was with the Reds and trust me there are many that I cant share with you. When Bubba was struggleing when he first got there and I wont tell you any names. Bubba went to a coach looking for help and you know what his answer was? Bubba put some Ws on the board and you will get help. I cant speak for coaches in the lower levels but when they move up in my opinion development is not what it should be. There needs to be in my opinion major changes in player development when it comes to pitchers. I will also tell you this I took Bubba back to a familiar coach after his season and when he saw what had been changed in Bubba he said you have got to be kidding me no wonder they dont F#$@n win. Now that said there are some good people in that Org. I just dont think that they are all on the same page as far as development goes or and I say again certain people just cant teach it.I hope the Reds and the Bonger and Belisle and all the other guys that Bubba met along the way the utmost success. Are the Reds heading in the right direction ? Time will tell its going to take a few years.

tbball10
04-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Again, sorry if i offended anyone, though i meant no harm. just a joke, but i should've chose better words to say what i wanted.

EX BRAVEDAD
04-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Dont worry about it tbball10 Bubba made a stupid mistake and he has to live with it. there have been alot worse things said than that. Players are a part of society as well and will do dumb things when they are young. It is when you keep repeating those same mistakes that you dont learn from them.

traderumor
04-17-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=313084&postcount=55

Here's the comment I was referring to. Perhaps you didn't mean much by it, but I took that then as a shot at the Braves org. Now, you're taking shots at the Reds org.

Obviously, the Reds have a checkered past in developing pitchers, but I just thought it was kinda bush to come on here and say you're glad Bubba stuck it to his old org. I'll leave it at that.

paintmered
04-17-2006, 11:32 PM
nevermind

kheidg-
04-18-2006, 02:27 AM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=313084&postcount=55

Here's the comment I was referring to. Perhaps you didn't mean much by it, but I took that then as a shot at the Braves org. Now, you're taking shots at the Reds org.

Obviously, the Reds have a checkered past in developing pitchers, but I just thought it was kinda bush to come on here and say you're glad Bubba stuck it to his old org. I'll leave it at that.

IMO, the Reds organization of the past few years deserves to receive shots.

rdiersin
04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
listen I can live with the comments about Bubba and his DUI which by the way was tossed out due to no probable cause and he was given reckless driving. But the guy who said that I was not pleased with the Braves is dead wrong. Bubba was 30 minutes from being a Brave again. I was extremely pleased with the development that Bubba got when he was with the Braves. I will tell you one story that happened to Bubba when he was with the Reds and trust me there are many that I cant share with you. When Bubba was struggleing when he first got there and I wont tell you any names. Bubba went to a coach looking for help and you know what his answer was? Bubba put some Ws on the board and you will get help. I cant speak for coaches in the lower levels but when they move up in my opinion development is not what it should be. There needs to be in my opinion major changes in player development when it comes to pitchers. I will also tell you this I took Bubba back to a familiar coach after his season and when he saw what had been changed in Bubba he said you have got to be kidding me no wonder they dont F#$@n win. Now that said there are some good people in that Org. I just dont think that they are all on the same page as far as development goes or and I say again certain people just cant teach it.I hope the Reds and the Bonger and Belisle and all the other guys that Bubba met along the way the utmost success. Are the Reds heading in the right direction ? Time will tell its going to take a few years.

Thanks for the story Ex_Bravedad. It is absolutely amazing, but unfortunately not surprising. A player without the wins are the ones that should be getting the most help, and when a player comes to a coach for help and he turns the player down, that is inexcusable. I wish Bubba future success with the Padres.