PDA

View Full Version : Lowered expectations

RFS62
04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
This team reminds me of playing a round of golf after a several month layoff.

I don't expect much, and every now and then I play really well. It's mainly because I have no pressure and anything good that happens is a nice little surprise.

I came into this season with the lowest expectations I've had as a Reds fan since '98. I believe I predicted 74 wins tops, based on the shortcomings of the pitching and defense.

And here we are, on a nice little run to start the season.

And just like golf, I figure as soon as I stop just enjoying the round and start expecting to keep up the good play, it will all come crashing down around me and reality will set in.

But not this time, baby. I'm not drinking the kool-aid this time. I'm going to just keep on staying indifferent and enjoy whatever I can get from the boys.

However long it lasts, it's bonus time. Reverse psychology. Lowered expectations. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

NatiRedGals
04-17-2006, 10:44 PM
NICE Go Reds :) Wanna Ball Park Frank?

flyer85
04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
NICE Go Reds :) Wanna Ball Park Frank?afterall, they plump when you cook 'em

NatiRedGals
04-17-2006, 10:47 PM
afterall, they plump when you cook 'em

You out there trying to get me to laugh?:thumbup: :laugh:

flyer85
04-17-2006, 10:48 PM
You out there trying to get me to laugh?:thumbup: :laugh:I can't help myself, it must be an illness

NatiRedGals
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I can't help myself, it must be an illness

Im sure i can hand you a laughing pill :eek:

2001MUgrad
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
With the promise the starting pitchers have shown early in the year, I still have lots and lots of hope. If not for a horrible bullpen the Reds have their second shutout of the season. They only had 1 last year I beleive.

GridironGrace
04-17-2006, 10:54 PM
15 wins a month!!!!!!!! cmon we can do it :)

MWM
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the club, RFS. Annual dues are to be paid by the last day the Reds are still over .500. If you wait until they have a losing record, you pay double and are stuck taking care of our 30 foot gold statue of Pythagorus until next year's annual worship ritual.