Lopez
Dunn
Aurilia
Kearns
EdE
Phillips
Ross
Milton

I'm 1-0 thus far. I like 2-0 MUCH better than 1-1. Go get'em fellas.

Also, I'm stuck at work so quality pbp would be MUCH appreciated!

gO rEdS!!!;)

kyred14
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
I bet RA has taken Kearns' rightful place.......

Heath
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
That's not fair 9 vs 0

kyred14
04-18-2006, 06:18 PM
That's not fair 9 vs 0

I bet the Fish would still find a way lose.

CTA513
04-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I bet RA has taken Kearns' rightful place.......

Aurilia is 4th, Kearns 5th. :bang:

Kearns is batting .474 off left handers this year.

reds44
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Besides RA battign 4th I LOVE this lineup. It has all the players I want in it. Ross vs. lefties is a must, and BP is at 2nd, with RA at 1st.

kyred14
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Aurilia is 4th, Kearns 5th.

Kearns is batting .474 off left handers this year. :bang:

BUT, RA is scrappy, knows how to play, all that good stuff.

Heath
04-18-2006, 06:24 PM
BUT, RA is scrappy, knows how to play, all that good stuff.

Don't forget "veteran precsence"

redssouth
04-18-2006, 06:25 PM
You know, if it wasnt for all the complaining about the lineup, and everyone trying to make "scrappy" jokes, the game thread could actually be useful. But what used to be a great way to read through and find out what happened in the game if you happen to miss one, you have to sort through 16 pages of scrappy, 2 pages of how the lineup should be, and the occaisonal star trek whatever in the hell that was yesterday. I mean really, the scrappy thing isnt funny anymore, not that it ever was, but especially not after the board comedians have made 3000 references to it. My rant is finished, please disregard.

Blimpie
04-18-2006, 06:26 PM
You know, if it wasnt for all the complaining about the lineup, and everyone trying to make "scrappy" jokes, the game thread could actually be useful. But what used to be a great way to read through and find out what happened in the game if you happen to miss one, you have to sort through 16 pages of scrappy, 2 pages of how the lineup should be, and the occaisonal star trek whatever in the hell that was yesterday. I mean really, the scrappy thing isnt funny anymore, not that it ever was, but especially not after the board comedians have made 3000 references to it. My rant is finished, please disregard.My advice to you would be to refrain from viewing any game threads when the game has not yet begun....

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:27 PM
This is a better LHP Lineup the way it is :)

I like. Im gonna miss Ross when he goes.. he's very scrappy.

SirFelixCat
04-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Besides RA battign 4th I LOVE this lineup. It has all the players I want in it. Ross vs. lefties is a must, and BP is at 2nd, with RA at 1st.

Phillips has been impressive, both offensively and defensively, but I still would prefer to see DeNo in CF and Freel at 2B, but all said, the right people, but still wrong...swap Kearns and Aurilia and boom, great lineup.

RedsMan3203
04-18-2006, 06:28 PM
RA is put in a spot where he can Succeed... And I really don't mind him being there...

A) He isn't taking away playing time from anyone - He worked for it.

B) He has been there done that (Vertern thing)

C) Has anyone else on the team in the past and 13 games come up with more timely hits then he has?

Granted, he isn't what he was in the past. But he sure is doing a better job then most.

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
When we had 2 game threads one was almost all PBP

SirFelixCat
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Redssouth does have a point though. Pregame, it's fine. During the game, I do hope for quality pbp. That's what this thing is for...for those to follow along who can't watch/listen and for those that are watching/listening to chime in with their thoughts. It's not the place to debate etc. It's for game action and thoughts on that.

Pregame, though, have at it. Narron brings it upon himself ;)

kyred14
04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
You know, if it wasnt for all the complaining about the lineup, and everyone trying to make "scrappy" jokes, the game thread could actually be useful. But what used to be a great way to read through and find out what happened in the game if you happen to miss one, you have to sort through 16 pages of scrappy, 2 pages of how the lineup should be, and the occaisonal star trek whatever in the hell that was yesterday. I mean really, the scrappy thing isnt funny anymore, not that it ever was, but especially not after the board comedians have made 3000 references to it. My rant is finished, please disregard.

Actually, I'm not one the use the "scrappy" term much, I was just looking for quick post to get off of 666.

KronoRed
Surprised to see all those righties in a row.

Pleasantly.

Kearns should be clean up though

redssouth
My advice to you would be to refrain from viewing any game threads when the game has not yet begun....

The sad thing is I have been reading these game threads for a long time... but as of late, they have almost become unreadable after the fact. I like to hear the ebb and flow of what the fans think is going on if I cant catch the game myself, like last night... but it took so long to filter through the nonsense, i gave up on it after about 16 pages.

Heath
BTW - its looking to be a gorgeous night for baseball. I went last night, took my dad, and plunked down $120 for 2 Terrace Dugout View Seats. I've never been that close to a major league game before. Absolutely awesome. Drove down that evening, saw 1 Reds billboard and 10 WLW boards. Parked at the Freedom Center, downed 4 Skyliners, and a 2 American Red Lagers. On top of that I had great seats and enjoyed a Reds Win. Worth every penny. Only negative all night was the middle aged couple pawing all over themselves - if you can plunk down $360 for 6 tickets (them and the four kids) - hire a sitter and take her to Westin.

I'm probably gonna have to pass on pbp and read it later - I'm planning on being home by 7pm from work and play a little wiffle ball.

Blimpie
04-18-2006, 06:32 PM
When we had 2 game threads one was almost all PBPI know where you are going with that one, and I agree wholeheartedly.

SirFelixCat
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
BTW - its looking to be a gorgeous night for baseball. I went last night, took my dad, and plunked down $120 for 2 Terrace Dugout View Seats. I've never been that close to a major league game before. Absolutely awesome. Drove down that evening, saw 1 Reds billboard and 10 WLW boards. Parked at the Freedom Center, downed 4 Skyliners, and a 2 American Red Lagers. On top of that I had great seats and enjoyed a Reds Win. Worth every penny. Only negative all night was the middle aged couple pawing all over themselves - if you can plunk down $360 for 6 tickets (them and the four kids) - hire a sitter and take her to Westin.

I'm probably gonna have to pass on pbp and read it later - I'm planning on being home by 7pm from work and play a little wiffle ball.

:beerme:

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Id much rather have a more seasoned player in Phillips in the lineup then another youngster who hasnt really seen MLB pitching with Denorfia.

Phillips is solid, and if he keeps it up he'll run womack and maybe another 2B outta town. Could possibly be there full time next season. Freel is a spot player UTIL guy. And he suffers starts sometimes because he can play all those positions. He'll rest alot due to the fact when theres an injury like this one HE IS THE ONE THATS GONNA FILL that spot until thier BACK. Period :) Therefore use him, rest him.. and take full advantage of what he can do for our Ball Club.

Would love to see Milton have another Great outing.. that would be 3 in a row... and boy will that get some heads spinning on here and in cincy. If he can give us a Quality outting everytime OMG the things we can do :) Milton..........go get em tonight bro we're with ya!!!!!!

Blimpie
04-18-2006, 06:34 PM
The sad thing is I have been reading these game threads for a long time... but as of late, they have almost become unreadable after the fact. I like to hear the ebb and flow of what the fans think is going on if I cant catch the game myself, like last night... but it took so long to filter through the nonsense, i gave up on it after about 16 pages.I agree with the premise of your post...I just wanted to remind you that your post was around 40 minutes prior to first pitch. Not much to discuss other than the lineup.

kyred14
04-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Id much rather have a more seasoned player in Phillips in the lineup then another youngster who hasnt really seen MLB pitching with Denorfia.

Phillips is solid, and if he keeps it up he'll run womack and maybe another 2B outta town. Could possibly be there full time next season. Freel is a spot player UTIL guy. And he suffers starts sometimes because he can play all those positions. He'll rest alot due to the fact when theres an injury like this one HE IS THE ONE THATS GONNA FILL that spot until thier BACK. Period :) Therefore use him, rest him.. and take full advantage of what he can do for our Ball Club.

Would love to see Milton have another Great outing.. that would be 3 in a row... and boy will that get some heads spinning on here and in cincy. If he can give us a Quality outting everytime OMG the things we can do :) Milton..........go get em tonight bro we're with ya!!!!!!

I think most people want Deno in there for defensive purposes. Even though I do believe he would post around an .800 OPS over a full season.

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Freel's fine out there.. he'll GET to anything, its the Arm he lacks in.

Denorfia will have his time with the Reds... just right now... is NOT that time.. He's JR's replacement.

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
He'll be 30 when JR is gone, he should be up now.

redssouth
04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
I agree with the premise of your post...I just wanted to remind you that your post was around 40 minutes prior to first pitch. Not much to discuss other than the lineup.

Point taken... I agree, not much to talk about before the game, but even that is the same rehashed argument every game of the season, it just gets old sometimes.

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
What goods it do to be up here playing 1 every 3-5 games? When you can be down in AAA getting work EVERYDAY.

He'll be up b4 the years over just for some AB's, but he wont be there long.

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 06:44 PM
He could be playing everyday if we were inventive with the lineup, he also has nothing left to prove in AAA.

But he won't be up so it's moot..we need 7 catchers ;)

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Well i agree, nothing left to prove in AAA. But he cant stay that good not getting to play everyday. If he's up here its the same thing we had last year with 4 OF's, no one gets in a rythem.

Kearns nor Dunn have sat out a game yet and thier on FIRE right now. Why would you mess with that?

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Freel at 2nd Deno in CF

easy and Dunn and Kearns still playing :D

TC81190
04-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Freel is a spot player UTIL guy. And he suffers starts sometimes because he can play all those positions. He'll rest alot due to the fact when theres an injury like this one HE IS THE ONE THATS GONNA FILL that spot until thier BACK. Period :)

I can't argue with this enough, Freel is an elite leadoff man, especially with his OBP skills, he's posting an absolutely unreal OBP and he's not slowing down, at all. He's a BB machine, and it's really amazing.

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:50 PM
That dont work when JR's not hurt :( lol

IM not talkin about today. Im talkin about the season.

Btw not trying to start no stuff man I LOVE all your posts on here man lol, and i Respect your view.. just getting into a nice convo b4 the game.. im excited and wanna watch some baseball.. bad news is i will prolly be stuck listening again :( but i got the game thread :)

Unlike some, i like Aurilia in the lineup.. especially vs LHP. We are fueled by HR's, and Aurilia can hit them and protect for someone else to hit them if he cant lol.

DeNo cant do that yet. with 2 outs and Deno behind Kearns or Dunn id walk em all day and get DeNo out.

NatiRedGals
04-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Im watching it :)

reds44
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Scoreboard vision on MLB.TV. God I love it.

CTA513
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Is this game on MLB extra innings (or whatever its called)?

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 06:52 PM

I live in Southern Kentucky and im lucky enough to enjoy the great SEC baseball on FSN South!!! lol NOT!!

Only games i get are if we accidently get some time on ESPN, or when we play the cubs or braves(wgn/tbs)

NatiRedGals
Scoreboard vision on MLB.TV. God I love it.

LoL i know lol least we get to watch ! :):beerme:

PickOff
I just wanted to say that is nice not to see Casey in the lineup this year. Miley/Narron consistantly batted him too high in the order. Granted, the Reds did score a bunch of runs anyway, but Casey's "leadership" got in the way of him batting 6th or 7th where he belonged. The only player Narron is afraid to move around this year is Griffey, and he is fine in the 3 hole. It gives Narron more freedom IMO.

MartyFan
04-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Marlins

H. Ramirez SS
D. Uggla 2B
M. Cabrera 3B
J. Willingham LF
M. Jacobs 1B
C. Aguila RF
M. Olivo C
R. Abercrombie CF
J. Vargas P

REDS

Freel
Lopez
Dunn
Aurilia
Kearns
EdE
Phillips
Ross
Milton

I'm 1-0 thus far. I like 2-0 MUCH better than 1-1. Go get'em fellas.

Also, I'm stuck at work so quality pbp would be MUCH appreciated!

gO rEdS!!!;)

Love the lineup but I would flip Ears and Rich

Reds Fanatic
Is this game on MLB extra innings (or whatever its called)?It is not on the cable version of extra innings. Not sure about direct TV.

reds44
LoL i know lol least we get to watch ! :):beerme:
Oh I was serious. The Pirates game was on this a week back, and I loved it then. Trust me its great, and you get between innings entertainment.

reds44
It is not on the cable version of extra innings. Not sure about direct TV.
only on mlb.tv

NatiRedGals
04-18-2006, 06:54 PM
only on mlb.tv

Welp ill be with ya from now on ! :) Gosh i love the Big Red Bird :) LOL:thumbup:

Doc. Scott
04-18-2006, 06:55 PM
The sad thing is I have been reading these game threads for a long time... but as of late, they have almost become unreadable after the fact. I like to hear the ebb and flow of what the fans think is going on if I cant catch the game myself, like last night... but it took so long to filter through the nonsense, i gave up on it after about 16 pages.

Hey, I can definitely understand why people feel this way, but if you want strict PBP there are easy links from the ESPN or CBS Sportsline box score pages that will give you facts and nothing else.

On a message board, we aren't held to facts and such. Witness the ridiculous threads about Adam Dunn or Tony Womack or Eric Milton or Jim Coombs or whatever.

I do wish we'd find some fresh jokes already, though.

NatiRedGals
What the heck kind of throw was that hahaha

GridironGrace
I just wanted to say that is nice not to see Casey in the lineup this year. Miley/Narron consistantly batted him too high in the order. Granted, the Reds did score a bunch of runs anyway, but Casey's "leadership" got in the way of him batting 6th or 7th where he belonged. The only player Narron is afraid to move around this year is Griffey, and he is fine in the 3 hole. It gives Narron more freedom IMO.

Casey's Contact got him the #3 spot, and the hopes of a speed guy on 1B in front of him i guess to help with those GIDP's lol

Had he hit 6th or 7th last year he woulda broke the MLB record for GIDP

MartyFan
04-18-2006, 06:56 PM
On a message board, we aren't held to facts and such. Witness the ridiculous threads about Adam Dunn or Tony Womack or Eric Milton or Jim Coombs or whatever.

HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE NAME OF COOMBS!!!

redssouth
04-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey, I can definitely understand why people feel this way, but if you want strict PBP there are easy links from the ESPN or CBS Sportsline box score pages that will give you facts and nothing else.

I think you forgot to read my post before replying to it... i said that i liked to hear the ebb and flow of the game from the fans point of view... I mean i have learned to appreciate Falls City Beer's negativity predicting certain doom every time there is a moment of peril... I know i can get strict PBP off of gamecast, im just hoping the senseless and bad comedy can be restricted to a minimum in the game thread, if that is what you want to do, take it to chat.

PickOff
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Casey's Contact got him the #3 spot, and the hopes of a speed guy on 1B in front of him i guess to help with those GIDP's lol

Had he hit 6th or 7th last year he woulda broke the MLB record for GIDP

Casey was only 9 GIDP away from Jim Rice's record and 3 away from the Reds record set in 1938. :)

Doc. Scott
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM

HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE NAME OF COOMBS!!!

My apologies. I seem to have trouble delineating the canonical from the pedantic this afternoon.

(Also, a tenth-grader is paying me to do his SAT studying for him.)

reds44
04-18-2006, 07:00 PM
I think you forgot to read my post before replying to it... i said that i liked to hear the ebb and flow of the game from the fans point of view... I mean i have learned to appreciate Falls City Beer's negativity predicting certain doom every time there is a moment of peril... I know i can get strict PBP off of gamecast, im just hoping the senseless and bad comedy can be restricted to a minimum in the game thread, if that is what you want to do, take it to chat.
No don't tell people what to do.

We are fans, this is a message board, games like last night need alot of the stuff that is said in the gamethreads. I enjoy reading it.

SirFelixCat
It is not on the cable version of extra innings. Not sure about direct TV.

Wed-Sat. games are though
:thumbup:

membengal
I am perfectly fine with the on-going disappearance of Womack from the proceedings.

Gives me hope for Narron/Krivsky.

GridironGrace
Casey was only 9 GIDP away from Jim Rice's record and 3 away from the Reds record set in 1938. :)

YES and had he been down lower in the linup with Kearns or Pena on 1B ahead of him he wouldnt Be behind those #'s he'd be in front of em.

PickOff
04-18-2006, 07:01 PM
YES and had he been down lower in the linup with Kearns or Pena on 1B ahead of him he wouldnt Be behind those #'s he'd be in front of em.

I don't know, he would have had less at bats, and the issue is almost always with the speed of the batter.

Patrick Bateman
04-18-2006, 07:01 PM

Yeah I agree. The "scrappy" jokes are very tiresome now. They were funny for awhile, but now every second post uses the term scrappy, manly or soft, over and over and over. It's become redundent IMO.

MWM
04-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Comcast has 2 baseball games tonight on the EI package. The rest are hockey. That blows.

:rant: :rant2: :bash: :angry: :bang: :thumbdown :rolleyes:

Doc. Scott
04-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah I agree. The "scrappy" jokes are very tiresome now. They were funny for awhile, but now every second post uses the term scrappy, manly or soft, over and over and over. It's become redundent IMO.

Clearly, Austin, since you've moved to Canada you've forgotten how to play the game.

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Comcast has 2 baseball games tonight on the EI package. The rest are hockey. That blows.

:rant: :rant2: :bash: :angry: :bang: :thumbdown :rolleyes: Same here with Time Warner. Last night of the NHL regular season. They will still be showing NHL games during the playoffs but won't be this many going on at once so hopefully this is the last night where the NHL takes over the package.

Heath
04-18-2006, 07:04 PM

The board would be a lot better in Pennant contention in September. Personally, after this new administration gets going, I think we will have less to complain about.

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
ALMOST TIME for THE GAME!!!

Whooowhoooooooooo

GO REDS!!!!

MWM
04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Waiting for the game to start, I flipped it onto Bonds on Bonds. What a collosal mistake that is. He's making the problem way worse with the way he's presenting himself on this show. It's one big whine fest about poor Barry.

MartyFan
04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
My apologies. I seem to have trouble delineating the canonical from the pedantic this afternoon.

(Also, a tenth-grader is paying me to do his SAT studying for him.)

Leave my mother out of this...

Heath
I'm gonzo!! Have a good PBP everyone!

SirFelixCat
I'm gonzo!! Have a good PBP everyone!

Enjoy the wiffle-ball with the kids!:beerme:

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Milton Comes out with a 2.63 ERA, looking for his 3rd win in 3 starts!!!!

Seen today Kearns on a 5 game hitting streak, im sure we have others but without lookin thats all i know for now :(

TeamBoone
04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Flip flop Aurilia and Dunn in the lineup... per Marty.

NatiRedGals
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Im to busy with kinvidon homes or whatever is on the board :)

PickOff
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Marty says Aurilia hitting 3rd?

TeamBoone
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Yup. He read it the way it was and then said... "actually, Aurila third and Dunn fourth". Must have been a very late change.

reds44
Marty says Aurilia hitting 3rd?
They introduced it at the stadium as Dunn 3 RA 4

GridironGrace
still shows Dunn batting 3rd in MLB Gameday

PickOff
04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Splittin lefties and Aurilia hitting in front of people chasing dead guys.

Caveat Emperor
Milton Comes out with a 2.63 ERA, looking for his 3rd win in 3 starts!!!!

Your starting Reds pitcher this evening:
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8412076985453843.JPG?0.4273844990728529

NatiRedGals
Wanted to say sorry bout everyting i didnt mean to cause everything lets go game on ! :)

CTA513
still shows Dunn batting 3rd in MLB Gameday

I hit refresh and Aurilia is 3rd, Dunn 4th, Kearns 5th.

NatiRedGals
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Strike One!

OnBaseMachine
Win one tonight to make me feel better; I've been sick in bed all day long, only getting up to read Redszone and vomit. ;)

Reds Fanatic
Ramirez homers to deep center. 1-0 Marlins.

GridironGrace
Your starting Reds pitcher this evening:
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8412076985453843.JPG?0.4273844990728529

Its ok, you all keep bashing him.. everytime you guys do he has came out and owned this year ;)

TC81190
Milton gives up a Milton to HanRam.

Matt700wlw
My oh my.

:yikes:

reds44
Dang HanRam killed that

NatiRedGals
Barley over the wall nice shot

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
OK Milton you got the HR outta the way.......

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Uggla pops out to 2nd. 1 out.

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Cabrera doubles to right on a 2-1 pitch.

TC81190
Miggy doubles.

KronoRed
Aurilia 3rd? :bang:

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
That's Raisors department.

reds44
Milton showing why he is Milton

KronoRed
Settle down Eric.

NatiRedGals
04-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Strikeout #1 :) Dont worry guys the double was to miggy

dsmith421

I agree with some posters that the general quality of game threads has decreased (with the exception of the incomparable Caveat Emperor). For me, it has less to do with the inside jokes and more to do with lots of really extraneous posts yelling 'he gone', exploding with smileys, or making ridiculous arguments about a given player's worth based on one at-bat. Many of these posts feature sporadic punctuation and creative spelling, another pet peeve of mine.

This may, I admit, have a lot to do with the fact that given my current location I can no longer watch or attend games, but just something that's bugged me. I used to really enjoy having the game thread up while watching or listening to the game to get instant feedback, but it's become a little more hit-and-miss recently.

Reds Fanatic
Willingham doubles off the wall in center. 2-0 Marlins.

CTA513
The real Milton has shown back up.

reds44
oh boy

TC81190
Josh Willingham AB. Lifetime 304/407/515 Minor league. Them's some good numbers.

As I type this, he RBI doubles. 2-0 Fishes.

MWM
04-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Well it looks like the REAL Milton has shown up tonight.

He is aware this is the Marlins, right?

flyer85
He's back

WMR

Or just less opportunity to screw things up?

Caveat Emperor
04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
The real Milton has shown back up.

Honestly, it's like having an old friend that owes you money show up. It's comforting the see a familiar face, but a reminder of a lot of things you don't like at the same time.

GridironGrace
He's only threw 5 Balls.. Marlins just swinging.

Lets give a lil credit to the Batters

Reds Fanatic
Jacobs strikes out swinging on an 0-2 pitch. 2 outs.

TC81190
Mike Jacobs up. Don't really know what to think of him He's only posted a 900+ OPS once in the minors, so I don't think he'll repeat last year again.

reds44
He Gone

Falls City Beer
04-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I had a feeling Milton would Milton against a nancy-boy outfit like the Marlins.

KronoRed
This is the Marlins.

corkedbat
Shoulda traded Milton while his value was at it's highest - too late now. :)

Reds Fanatic
Aguila grounds out to 2nd. 2-0 Marlins mid 1st.

reds44
better be ready to score boys

TC81190
04-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Aguila up, he's odd too, he's had his offensive up and downs too, but really no OB skills. I wouldn't put any money on him ever.

MartyFan
This is the Marlins.

The Markins....The tradition of champions....

reds44
Inning ovah

Marlins-2
Reds coming to bat

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Milton has gave up 2 runs a game........ Theres his 2 :)

Calm down!!1

I knew this would happen.. first sign of a rough start and the Milton hate comes right back out.

Give him a chance to buckle down lol, marlins may be 3-9 but make no mistake, they have some hitters.

corkedbat
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Milton has gave up 2 runs a game........ Theres his 2 :)

Calm down!!1

I knew this would happen.. first sign of a rough start and the Milton hate comes right back out.

Give him a chance to buckle down lol, marlins may be 3-9 but make no mistake, they have some hitters.

Not hate - just concentrated non-love, :D

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 07:23 PM
O boy they did move Aurilia to the 3 spot

Falls City Beer
04-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Not hate - just concentrated non-love, :D

Just common sense.

Reds Fanatic
Freel walks on a 3-2 count. 7 pitch AB.

WMR
I agree with some posters that the general quality of game threads has decreased (with the exception of the incomparable Caveat Emperor). For me, it has less to do with the inside jokes and more to do with lots of really extraneous posts yelling 'he gone', exploding with smileys, or making ridiculous arguments about a given player's worth based on one at-bat. Many of these posts feature sporadic punctuation and creative spelling, another pet peeve of mine.

This may, I admit, have a lot to do with the fact that given my current location I can no longer watch or attend games, but just something that's bugged me. I used to really enjoy having the game thread up while watching or listening to the game to get instant feedback, but it's become a little more hit-and-miss recently.

I couldn't agree more. It doesn't tell us anything about what is actually going on or even discernibly comment on anything that is going on.

A waste of a post and they don't belong in the thread.

reds44
04-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Ball 4!

GridironGrace
well then!!! that changes my prediction

Walk by freel
single by lopez
Sac fly by Aurilia
2B by dunn
Kearns HR's
edwin K's
phillips Grounds out

and we'll head to the 2nd with the 4-2 lead

Caveat Emperor
Ryan Freel, leading the Reds in P/PA for a reason. He keeps this up, he's going to start pressing for a 5 spot in that category.

membengal
Zoiks! Marty just mentioned Freel's OBP. Wow. I mean, wow. I wasn't aware that he knew what that was.

Oblique reference to the leather-panted one now. Marty..."made my day".

Ouch.

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Lopez grounds into a 1-6-3 DP. 2 outs.

OnBaseMachine
Bonds just said he would punch Jeff Kent in the mouth if he talks about him again. Must be the 'roid rage.

reds44
poop

KronoRed
OBP from Marty?

*passes out*

GridironGrace
mannnnnnnnnnn

one of these days im gonna nail my 1st inning prediction :)

OnBaseMachine
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Felipe is in a funk.

pedro
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Zoiks! Marty just mentioned Freel's OBP. Wow. I mean, wow. I wasn't aware that he knew what that was.

Oblique reference to the leather-panted one now. Marty..."made my day".

Ouch.

shadenfraud

Caveat Emperor
04-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Felipe is in a funk.

He's also batting from his weak side tonight.

Falls City Beer
Felipe batting right-handed. :nono:

Reds Fanatic
Aurilia singles to left on a 2-2 pitch.

GridironGrace
Attaboy

Aurilia with the scrappy Single to get Dunn to the plate in the first.

reds44
Time for Dunn to go bye bye

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Aurilia just misses getting picked off 1st by the catcher.

RBA
Marty says, "Made my day" A very unprofessional comment by the voice of the Reds. No matter how you feel, DUI is serious business and nothing to laugh at.

Reds Fanatic
Dunn draws a 4 pitch walk. 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

GridironGrace
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
go head..........walk dunn......... :)

reds44
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Dunn walks

SteelSD
04-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Vargas wanted NOTHING to do with Dunn.

KronoRed
Marty says, "Made my day" A very unprofessional comment by the voice of the Reds. No matter how you feel, DUI is serious business and nothing to laugh at.
Exactly, just reeks to say something like that.

Caveat Emperor
Dunn gets Luke Hudson'd

I feel compelled to go over to reds.com and start taunting.

Falls City Beer
04-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Dunn gets Luke Hudson'd

That place harshes my mellow.

GridironGrace
put it in play kearnsy

KronoRed
Don't! you might bring some of that stuff back with you! :help:

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Kearns grounds into a fielder's choice at short. 2-0 Marlins after 1.

reds44
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
jebus

M2
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM
I know he got a single and all, but Rich Aurilia hitting 3rd against a righty? I can't behind that.

GridironGrace
dang it!!!

Nice AB though..

Aight Milton... 1.2.3 .....

membengal
Dunn gets Luke Hudson'd

Def don't do that. Once you step in that, it's almost impossible to get off your shoe and then you track it back here. No one wins in that scenario...

GridironGrace
I know he got a single and all, but Rich Aurilia hitting 3rd against a righty? I can't behind that.

its a lefty

Falls City Beer

Vargas is a kooky lefty.

reds44
04-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Vargas throws with the other hand.

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Olivo doubles to left.

Raisor
04-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I'll give up making snide useless remarks in the game thread when they carry me out feet first!

I like JELLO!

membengal
04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Abercrombie 0 for his last 20...it appears that THIS is going to be his night to break that. Milton throwing batting practice...

CTA513
Milton is getting beat by minor leaguers. :help:

KronoRed
Vargas is a kooky lefty.
Was he THE kooky lefty? I always thought it was Willis

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Marty again brings up the DUI.

Strikes Out Looking
The Bowden story is leading the local news here in D.C. His girlfriend spent the night in prison after JimBo's arrest because she got into an altercation with the cops.

membengal

I believe this has a chance to become a running theme with Marty, like the golf...

Reds Fanatic
Abercrombie strikes out swinging. 1 out.

Caveat Emperor
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Was he THE kooky lefty? I always thought it was Willis

He's related to these guys, apparently:
http://www.tvacres.com/images/addams_gomez5.jpg

GAC
Settle down Miltie.

Chat is open!

GridironGrace
Larue CATCHING TOMORROW!!!!

Raisor

If Bowden is found innocent, Marty should be forced to make an on air apology.

Marty should probably be forced to make one anyway, at least until the trial.

Falls City Beer
04-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Milton is getting beat by minor leaguers. :help:

Well, they aren't our minor leaguers. Now that would be embarrassing.

corkedbat
The Bowden story is leading the local news here in D.C. His girlfriend spent the night in prison after JimBo's arrest because she got into an altercation with the cops.

Probably offered to charge them each half what she was charging Jimbo. :evil:

GridironGrace
Also Marty says they are GOING to carry 3 CAtchers for AWHILE>

Raisor
Marty, however, should be able to make all the Puffy jokes he wants.

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Vargas singles up the middle on an 0-2 pitch. 3-0 Marlins. Ugh.

flyer85
"deja vu all over again"

reds44
wow

OnBaseMachine
The pitcher. 0-2 count. Hit.

Matt700wlw
If Bowden is found innocent, Marty should be forced to make an on air apology.

Marty should probably be forced to make one anyway, at least until the trial.

Should the media be forced to appologize for brining it up too?

Falls City Beer
04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
It wouldn't be an inopportune time to bring up my mini hot-dog-shaped turds wrapped in bacon with a toothpick through them, would it?

Reds Fanatic
Ramirez homers to center again. Milton is back unfortunately. 5-0 Marlins.

Raisor
Should the media be forced to appologize for brining it up too?

heck no. It's news. Marty saying that it "made his day" is mega unprofessional.

membengal
04-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Sigh. And it returns.

GridironGrace
Is he taking to much time between pitches???

Seems like he's slowed down his pace from his first 2 starts?

Has Ross Caught him yet?

flyer85
George Herman Ramirez goes deep again

CTA513
Reds already down 5-0.

:bang:

reds44
:|

bellhead
Did Jimbo and Marty have a history?

pedro
Ramirez homers to center again. Milton is back unfortunately. 5-0 Marlins.

ouch.

MWM
This is funny!!!!!

If Milton has a similar first half to last year, he'll be gone. He's terrible.

membengal
Too bad. I am guessing that, if the Reds go ahead and lose this one, that the reason will be because Dunn took a walk and the offense didn't score enough to overcome starting pitching incompetence...

reds44
plenty of time

Caveat Emperor
04-18-2006, 07:44 PM
George Herman Ramirez goes deep again

The Curse of the Hanlimbo

ramp101
world, Hanley "Shadez" Ramirez, Hanley "Shadez" Ramirez, world

sorry... Ill go back to my hole lol

Matt700wlw
Oh, Milty!!

flyer85
Did Jimbo and Marty have a history?Marty hates Leatherpants with an passion and loves to share his dislike with his audience

Matt700wlw
Did Jimbo and Marty have a history?

A bit.

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
DO over.

oneupper
Milton's ERA is now 5.40

Reds Fanatic
Unbelievable. Uggla homers to center. 6-0 Marlins.

GridironGrace
Aight im leavin.

Not gonna sit here and listen to negative posts.

Harang sucked once this year too, and Arroyo, not to metion Claussen yet i dont remember seeing posts like these :)

L8r

KronoRed
Marty hates Leatherpants with an passion and loves to share his dislike with his audience
Doesn't excuse what he's doing on the air.

flyer85
It's gettin very Uggla

jhiller21
This is ridiculous, time to pull him.

reds44
HAHAHAHHAAHA

no way

Matt700wlw
Wow....Milton.

I don't even know who this guy is who hit it! :bang:

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Leave him in..save the pen.

MrCinatit
Seems the ball falling into the bullpen have woken up the guys in the pen.

oneupper
ERA at 6.00 even

GAC
Another Hr 6-0 now.

PUT ME IN COACH! :lol:

CTA513
Belsile is going to have to come in for mop up duty.

pedro
That was Uggla.

Aronchis
Even Claussen is grimacing at Milton with this start and Brandon hasn't got all the engines running at full power yet either.

Falls City Beer
This has got to be Krivsky's worse nightmare. Milton as Milton is a PR disaster. You just know Kriv's been crossing his fingers like crazy during Milton's first two starts; now he's going to have to make a decision before long as to what to do with Milty. Because Castellini's not going to be happy having this guy go chimp-feces-throwing all over GAB.

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Cabrera fouls out to the catcher. 2 outs.

reds44
still ALOT of time.

6 runs ain't nothing

Caveat Emperor
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Nagasakibomb.jpg/250px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

OnBaseMachine
Aight im leavin.

Not gonna sit here and listen to negative posts.

Did you really expect to see everyone jumping for joy and buying their World Series tickets while Milton is in the process of having a horrible start? That's 6 XBH in 1.1 innings.

Puffy
Marty, however, should be able to make all the Puffy jokes he wants.

Ummmmmm, cheap shot stat geek, cheap shot.

Matt700wlw
I'm not going to panic over one bad Milton start...but this looks way to much like last season.

Let's hope it's just one of those days....it happens to ALL pitchers

M2
its a lefty

Oops, my bad.

top6
i agree just leave him in, rest the bullpen. i'm so tired of this guy.

Matt700wlw
04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
This has got to be Krivsky's worse nightmare. Milton as Milton is a PR disaster. You just know Kriv's been crossing his fingers like crazy during Milton's first two starts; now he's going to have to make a decision before long as to what to do with Milty.

Not over 1 bad start.

flyer85
This has got to be Krivsky's worse nightmare. Guess he should have traded him last week

KronoRed
Those with Mlb.tv, is he leaving the ball up?

bellhead
I had heard Jimbo was a butt wonder what he did to po of Marty?

Reds Fanatic
04-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Milton walks Willingham.

MartyFan
Wow...I go away for minute and it's 2005 all over again!

uks2h
I am not a big fan of commentators who get on the air when a pitcher is performing like Milton is tonight and lie and try to be positive. Milton is pitching terrible, and Marty is just stating the facts. Geeze people, get off Martys back.

reds44
wow mlb.tv has plugged in the radio feed

DOPE

Falls City Beer
Not over 1 start.

This is like experiencing a severe headache after having had major brain surgery. You take it very, very seriously.

KronoRed
04-18-2006, 07:50 PM
I am not a big fan of commentators who get on the air when a pitcher is performing like Milton is tonight and lie and try to be positive. Milton is pitching terrible, and Marty is just stating the facts. Geeze people, get off Martys back.
We're not commenting on Marty's calling of the game.

Reds Fanatic
Jacobs strikes out looking. 6-0 Marlins mid 2nd.

reds44
6 runs isn't much with our lineup vs. the AAA team. Marty killing EE.

reds44
04-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Finally

GridironGrace
Did you really expect to see everyone jumping for joy and buying their World Series tickets while Milton is in the process of having a horrible start? That's 6 XBH in 1.1 innings.

No its a long season. but it also goes both ways...first sign of a bad day and we're ready to chuck him again.

So long as the milton from the last 2 starts shows up against the STRONGER teams i can accept a bad game here and there.

and so far he's beat 2 teams MUCH better then this... and he's just not on 2nite.....happens.

GullyFoyle

Who is on Marty about his discussion of the pitcher?

Falls City Beer
Guess he should have traded him last week

I'm just guessing that some part of him was hoping against hope that the 4.85 Milty might show up. Not that I excuse that line of thinking.

I'd release the guy, and I'll bet that's what the Reds ultimately do with him.

Matt700wlw
This is like experiencing a severe headache after having had major brain surgery. You take it very, very seriously.

I'm sure they'll keep a very close eye on him to see if he reverts to what he did last season, but they're not going to pull the plug on the guy after 1 bad start following 2 very good ones.

M2
Marty killing EE.

For what?

Aronchis
I look for Milton to be DL'd at some point in the coming month and not see him for the rest of the season which will be listed as "knee trouble". Then he will be released once we get to the next budget year.

flyer85
04-18-2006, 07:52 PM
2 guys with a total of 1 career MLB HR have bombed Milty for 3 in the first 2 innings

Caveat Emperor
Well, if Eric Milton is going to explode, at least he did in the top of the 2nd, where I can listen to the rumor mill with Marc Lancaster.

(Always look on the brightside...)

Puffy
6 runs isn't much with our lineup vs. the AAA team. Marty killing EE.

What did EdE do wrong?

GridironGrace
I'm sure they'll keep a very close eye on him to see if he reverts to what he did last season, but they're not going to pull the plug on the guy after 1 bad start following 2 very good ones.

Thank You!!!!

Heck if he's got this bug i have i TOTALLY UNDERSTAND why he's off 2nite lol

Raisor

How many bad starts do you go with Milton then?

pahster
04-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Those with Mlb.tv, is he leaving the ball up?

Yep, and he's hanging his breaking pitches belt high.

OnBaseMachine
EE's going deep tonight.

M2
No its a long season. but it also goes both ways...first sign of a bad day and we're ready to chuck him again.

Again? I'd have walked out to the mound and handed him his release papers in the middle of his good starts.

If you're not betting the over with Milton, you're a chump.

reds44
For what?
He has been "struggling" I guess. Numbers look decent to me

Reds Fanatic
Encarnacion strikes out swinging on an 0-2 pitch. 1 out.