PDA

View Full Version : LaRue activated!!!!

reds44
04-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Jason LaRue has (finally) officially been activated from the DL. Jerry Narron said LaRue will catch Harang tomorrow.

Ken Griffey Jr. held court for a while before batting practice. Though he hedged like crazy when asked if he objected to going on the DL before finally taking the diplomatic way out ("Certain things are good for the player and good for the team. It’s a mutual decision on what we needed at the time."), Griffey was in high spirits and happy to chat about what's going on.

He said he's just looking forward to getting back in there at full strength and not worrying about his knee the rest of the way.

"It’s one of those things that’s just there, you know it’s there. You just don’t want to get to a point where I’m out for a longer period of time because I did something else trying to compensate for it. This way, you can get it done, get it over with."

Marc's blg

:beerme:

RedsMan3203
04-18-2006, 11:33 PM
About time....

Moved him into my starting fantasy line-up because I don't have a catcher... I had to use Javy....

paintmered
04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
He was in the on-deck circle today in the second inning but was removed when Ross hit his home run and Milton was allowed to hit for himself.

reds44
04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
He was in the on-deck circle today in the second inning but was removed when Ross hit his home run and Milton was allowed to hit for himself.
Was he? Wow bad job by Marty and Steve not picking it up. I never heard a peep about it until now.

paintmered
04-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Was he? Wow bad job by Marty and Steve not picking it up. I never heard a peep about it until now.

Yep. It caught everyone in my section by surprise. We all thought he was still in Louisville.

KronoRed
04-19-2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks paint! glad someone noticed something important like that :)

flyer85
04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Can he pitch?

KronoRed
04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Can he pitch?
He has a nice arm.

Guacarock
04-20-2006, 04:24 PM
This is a bit old, but I hadn't seen it posted on Redszone, so I figured it was fair game to bring up now. The Q & A comes from an April 7 Denver Post column by staff writer Troy E. Renck. Notice the Reds reference. Also, you have to wonder, if the "functional part" they are seeking might be Larue. The Rockies starting catcher, Danny Ardoin, is batting .200 and has yet to record an RBI in 11 games. Even if Ardoin is a defensive wizard, that's unacceptably sub-par performance for a MLB catcher.

What's up with the "derailing" of the Ryan Shealy experiment in the outfield? Hard to believe he could be a worse outfielder than Matt Holliday. Why not continue his work in Class AAA? Is Shealy's injury more severe than reported?
-- Doc, Santa Barbara, Calif.

Doc - The experiment ended because Shealy's elbow couldn't withstand the consistent throwing from the outfield. He was glad to have it abandoned, despite his hard work this winter with coach Dave Collins. Shealy has had surgery on his elbow, and the longer throws created problems, particularly if he wasn't properly warmed up.

It's my belief that Shealy will get well - he's DHing in extended spring training - rake in Triple-A Colorado Springs then be traded as soon as the Rockies get the right offer and are convinced that Todd Helton's back is not going to flare up. I think the best landing spot for Shealy would be Cincinnati.

Again, you have to exercise patience. You want to do what's right by the player, but they can't trade him for a rosin bag. They need to try to get a functional part for him.