PDA

View Full Version : Dayton redzoners

BigREDSfaninKY
04-20-2006, 12:44 PM
I was looking over the Dragons players stats and the one name that I quickly noticed was Johnny Cueto. The Dominican has a 1-1 record with a 4.50 ERA, 10.0 IP but given up only 6 hits and struck out 14 but NO walks. Anyone seen him pitch? He's listed at 5'10" and 192 so I envisioned Pedro Martinez. Stretch, I know. What kind of pitches does he have?

gonelong
04-20-2006, 12:45 PM
It'll be a few weeks yet before I get to my first game.

KittyDuran
04-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I plan to take in a game (or three) this weekend. If he pitches I'll let you know how he looks... :)

Heath
04-20-2006, 03:16 PM
I plan to take in a game (or three) this weekend. If he pitches I'll let you know how he looks... :)

Hey Kitty - you going lawn seats again? ;) If I knew that, I could have given you seats for Saturday - I gave away my Saturday night tickets already :(

I'll take a peek on Monday night - that's my next game.

In May-they have 8 home games. Eight. High School Playoffs are coming to town.

Speaking of Dayton Redzoners - anyone interested in a RedsZone.com night at the Farm? Maybe we can wear overalls or something.

:D

KittyDuran
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey Kitty - you going lawn seats again? ;) If I knew that, I could have given you seats for Saturday - I gave away my Saturday night tickets already :(

I'll take a peek on Monday night - that's my next game.

In May-they have 8 home games. Eight. High School Playoffs are coming to town.

Speaking of Dayton Redzoners - anyone interested in a RedsZone.com night at the Farm? Maybe we can wear overalls or something.

:DI rarely go on weeknights unless there is a promotion. After this weekend my next chance to go is the 28th (which is friends and family IIRC).

KittyDuran
04-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Can us "out-of-towners" join in? ;)

Red Leader
04-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I believe the next game I'm attending is on the 25th. I'll have to double check that, but I think that's right.

Heath
04-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Can us "out-of-towners" join in? ;)

I was born in Hamilton - I'm an "out-of-towner" - :D

Reds Fanatic
04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I will be there Saturday night. Not sure who is pitching. I saw Cueto in his 1st start of the year and that night he got hit hard. He has a pretty good fastball but there was no movement on it that night and he was hit hard. His next start on the road he had a very good start a huge improvement over the 1st start. So hopefully he will keep that momentum and pitch well.

Yachtzee
04-20-2006, 07:13 PM
How is that Dayton ballpark?

I still have to make it down to see the Akron Aeros yet. Canal Park in Akron is a beauty of a park, and only $10.00 a ticket.

KittyDuran
04-20-2006, 07:44 PM
How is that Dayton ballpark?

I still have to make it down to see the Akron Aeros yet. Canal Park in Akron is a beauty of a park, and only $10.00 a ticket.Not a bad seat in the house... and even if you don't want to spend money and don't mind standing you can see the game thru the fence on the First Street side. :) Tho' sometimes I see some of the ballpark personnel handing out tickets to some people at the fence.

KittyDuran
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Also, if you are used to the minor league baseball atmosphere - it has a lot of stuff going on between innings.

Luvsbaseball
04-21-2006, 01:08 PM
I will be there Saturday night. Not sure who is pitching. I saw Cueto in his 1st start of the year and that night he got hit hard. He has a pretty good fastball but there was no movement on it that night and he was hit hard. His next start on the road he had a very good start a huge improvement over the 1st start. So hopefully he will keep that momentum and pitch well.

Travis Wood will be pitching this Saturday night. I'll BE THERE TOO........:beerme:

rah-ri
04-21-2006, 03:30 PM
:beerme: Hmm...if I take my camera I'll have to get pics again..... I'll be subconciously beering ya!:D

dougdirt
04-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I think I am heading up on Monday....wanted to go tonight, but the weather looks bad and Saturday I have no one to go with.