PDA

View Full Version : Dayton Dragons game updates

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Well Jay Bruce just hit a home run into the Mississippi River according to the announcer...dont knnow how accurate it was, but the Dragons lead 1-0 after half an inning on Jay Bruce's 2nd home run of the year.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Johnny Cueto is pitching tonight (werent we discussing him in another thread earlier today?).
Strikes out the first batter with two fast balls and a curve on the outside corner of the plate.
Serves up a HR on an 0-2 pitch to Colby Rasmus to tie the game.
Next batter grounds out to the second baseman.
Cueto strikes out the 4th batter of the inning.
We are tied at 1-1 after 1.

OnBaseMachine
04-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Bruce is on fire. Now hitting .340/.407/.642 - and keep in mind that he went through a 0-for-18 slump not too long ago.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Missed a little of the top of the 2nd, but saw that BJ Szymanski hit into a double play.
Cabrera get a single.
Chris Denove pops up to end the inning.
Still 1-1

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah he is OBM, I think he is well out of that slump now. Since that slump he has been tearing the cover off of the baseball.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Sarasota Reds update, they are up 2-1 through 3 innings on Dunedin. Camillo Vazquez has given up 1 run on 1 hit, striking out 3.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
First batter of the inning pops up to CF Szymanski.
Second batter hits a grounder to the SS who takes care of him.
Announcer makes a comment that Paul Janish has a tender hammy and just is being given an off day. Eric Eymann is filling in for him today.
Cueto strikes out the third batter on a fastball.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 08:13 PM
DeJesus walks to lead off the inning for the Dragons.
Griffin hits one off the wall for a stand up double. DeJesus is held at 3rd.
Eric Eymann works it to a full count before striking out.
Announcer remarks that Paul Janish is the 1st base coach tonight.
Jay Bruce comes to the plate with 2 runners in scoring position gets a sacrafice fly that scores a run. The announcer states that has to be the shortest sac fly in the history of the Dragons. Still a runner at second base.
Craig Tatum comes up with a 3 pitch strikeout.
Dragons take the lead on a Jay Bruce sac fly, 2-1 after 2 1/2 innings.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Cueto strikes out one of the best named baseball players ever in my opinion, Wes Swackhammer, on three pitches.
I missed how the next out came to, but it happened.
Back to the top of the lineup and Cueto walks his first batter of the year. That makes his k/bb ratio 18/1. Not shabby.
Announcer says Cueto throws his fastball at 95 and his changeup at 75. He has also been praising his curve tonight.
Rasmus gets an opposite field single, Nelson advances to 2nd base.
Van Slyke grounds out to the first baseman who tossed to Ceuto to end the inning.
Dayton up 2-1.

*Sarasota Update*
Sarasota is up 4-1 after 5 innings. Camillo Vazquez has given up 2 hits, while walking 3 and striking out 4.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 08:35 PM
BJ Szymanski leads off the inning by popping up to the LFer.
Bobby Mosby pops up on the infield to the first baseman.
Cabrera grounds to the third baseman, who boots the ball. Reached on an error.
Chris Denove comes up and hits a hard shot at first base who let it go in and out. Announcer says he would score it a hit, but the official scorer disagrees. Denove reaches on an error by the first baseman.
DeJesus flies out to right field and strands two.

Through 3 1/2, Dragons lead 2-1.

OnBaseMachine
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Cueto sounds like he could be a good one. Mid 90's fastball, a changeup that he throws 20 mph slower than his fastball, and a good curveball. Sounds like he has command of all three pitches, which is a big plus.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Missed what happened due to some dog issues, but its now tied at 2.
Dragons are batting and Eric Eymann was hit by a pitch with 1 out.
Jay Bruce grounds out to first baseman Van Slyke. Eymann advances to second.
Last out made, didnt catch how, still 2-2.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 08:55 PM
*Minor league update*
Sarasota is up 5-2 behind Camillo Vazquez who is through 6, allowing 2 runs and striking out 5.

Chattanooga is down 4-1 in the 3rd after a 4 run first off of Phil Dumatrait.

rdiersin
04-20-2006, 08:59 PM
*Minor league update*
Sarasota is up 5-2 behind Camillo Vazquez who is through 6, allowing 2 runs and striking out 5.

Chattanooga is down 4-1 in the 3rd after a 4 run first off of Phil Dumatrait.

Very surprised by Vazquez. I saw him when Dayton came up to South Bend last year, and wasn't particularly impressed, but he's really done a great job with his command so far this year. Actually sat right behind him and Rafeal Gonzalez(I think) at one of those games.

Aronchis
04-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Maybe CV has rebuilt his arm strength after TJ. He was only topping out at 90-91, maybe he is back up to 93-94.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, I had the inning typed up, but got logged out in the middle.
Cueto struck out Rodgers to strand a runner on third to end the inning. Game is tied at 2-2.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:06 PM
oops

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:08 PM
*Other Minor League scores*
Sarasota is up 5-2. Camillo Vazquez has gone 7 strong, 5 hits, 3 walks, 2 runs, 6 strikeouts.

Chattanooga still down 4-1 in the third.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:11 PM
BJ Szymanski leads off the inning with a triple to the wall. Lets hope this leads to him coming out of this huge slump he has had to start the season.
Bobby Mosby hits a ball over the third base bag, cruises in for a double. Szymanski scores easily to take the lead 3-2.
Pitching change.

rdiersin
04-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Maybe CV has rebuilt his arm strength after TJ. He was only topping out at 90-91, maybe he is back up to 93-94.

That might be it. I only saw him twice, earlier in the year and then later in the summer. Regardless, its nice to see him throwing better and getting better control.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Phil Dumatrait left after the third inning in Chattanooga. Hope it wasnt an injury....

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I really need to stop getting logged out. Long story short, Jay Bruce gets a single with 2 runners on. Drives in 2. Next batter doubles, Bruce scores. Dragons lead 8-2 now. Bruce is 2-3 with 4 RBI right now. Dragons are still batting.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:32 PM
BJ Szymanski works a full count before flying out to the warning track in center. Dragons lead after 5 1/2, 8-2

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Roth flies out on the first pitch to Jay Bruce.
Anderson grounds out on the first pitch he sees.
Two pitches, two outs.
George gets the third out. Dragons still lead.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Bobby Mosby up to lead off the inning and flies out to the RF.
Cabrera made an out, missed what happened when the phone rang.
Chris Denove got an out, also missed that one after watching the Reds game and Adam Dunn ground to the pitcher only to have him throw it over Prince Fielders head.

*Sarasota update*
Sarasota wins 7-3. Camillo Vazquez picks up the win to go along with his 5 strikeouts. His season ERA is sitting at 1.80 after the game. Not bad at all.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Swackhammer strikes out for the first out of the inning.
Hayes strikes out for the second out of the inning.
Nelson walks off of Jon George.
Colby Rasmus strikes out on like 8 pitches.
Dragons still lead 8-2.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 10:05 PM
missed the first part of the inning.
DeJesus is on first. Dont know how he got there.
Griffin just flied out to deep center.
*I love Edwin Encarnacion*
Eric Eymann pops up.
Jay Bruce grounds out to second.
After 7 1/2, 8-2 Dragons.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Missed some of the game due to watching the Reds game and taking care of my dog (he had surgery yesterday), but the Dragons still lead 8-2.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Craig Tatum leads off the inning with a single.
BJ Szymanski comes up and gets to a full count before he pops up in shallow right field but no one gets to it. Tatum thrown out at second becuase the ball should have been caught. Szymanski at first.
Mosby made an out, but I missed how.
Cabrera up, Szymanski still sitting on first. Cabrera drives one to the warning track but Rasmus makes a nice catch to end the inning.

KittyDuran
04-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Unlike Doug... I'm just lazy with the pbp ;)
Dayton Top 6th

Brandon Szymanski triples (1) on a fly ball to center fielder Colby Rasmus.
Bobby Mosby doubles (5) on a line drive to left fielder Wes Swackhamer. Brandon Szymanski scores.
Pitcher Change: Matthew Trent replaces Adam Daniels.
Gerardo Cabrera walks.
Coaching visit to mound.
Christopher Denove called out on strikes.
Michael DeJesus grounds into a force out, second baseman Calvin Hayes to shortstop Dan Nelson. Bobby Mosby to 3rd. Gerardo Cabrera out at 2nd. Michael DeJesus to 1st.
With Michael Griffin batting, wild pitch by Matthew Trent, Michael DeJesus to 2nd.
Michael Griffin walks.
Eric Eymann singles on a ground ball to center fielder Colby Rasmus. Bobby Mosby scores. Michael DeJesus scores. Michael Griffin to 3rd. Eric Eymann advances to 2nd, on throwing error by center fielder Colby Rasmus.
Jay Bruce singles on a line drive to left fielder Wes Swackhamer. Michael Griffin scores. Eric Eymann scores. Jay Bruce advances to 2nd, on fielding error by left fielder Wes Swackhamer.
Craig Tatum singles on a line drive to right fielder Matthew Wilkerson. Jay Bruce scores.
Brandon Szymanski flies out to center fielder Colby Rasmus.

Quad Cities Bottom 6th

Pitcher Change: Jon George replaces Johnny Cueto.
Randy Roth flies out to right fielder Jay Bruce.
Bryan Anderson grounds out, first baseman Bobby Mosby to pitcher Jon George.
Matthew Wilkerson flies out to right fielder Jay Bruce.

Dayton Top 7th

Pitcher Change: Trey Hearne replaces Matthew Trent.
Bobby Mosby flies out to right fielder Matthew Wilkerson.
Gerardo Cabrera strikes out swinging.
Christopher Denove grounds out, pitcher Trey Hearne to first baseman A. J. Van Slyke.

Quad Cities Bottom 7th

Wes Swackhamer strikes out swinging.
Calvin Hayes called out on strikes.
Dan Nelson walks.
Colby Rasmus strikes out swinging.

Dayton Top 8th

Michael DeJesus singles on a line drive to right fielder Matthew Wilkerson.
Michael Griffin flies out to center fielder Colby Rasmus.
Eric Eymann pops out to third baseman Randy Roth.
Jay Bruce grounds out, second baseman Calvin Hayes to first baseman A. Van Slyke.

Quad Cities Bottom 8th

A. J. Van Slyke singles on a line drive to left fielder Gerardo Cabrera.
Adam Rodgers strikes out swinging.
Randy Roth lines out to shortstop Eric Eymann.
Bryan Anderson doubles (3) on a fly ball to right fielder Jay Bruce. A. Van Slyke to 3rd.
Matthew Wilkerson strikes out swinging.

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Well I guess that covers what I missed!

How bad has Brandon Camardese been?

dougdirt
04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Dragons win, 8-4.