PDA

View Full Version : Edwin's homerun call, Milwaukee style

jhiller21
04-21-2006, 01:11 AM
The MLB.com Reds site has the Brewers annoucers calling Phillips and EE's homers instead of Grande, and Edwin's is the funniest I've heard in a while.

"Wow! What happened?"

"What's goin' on here?!?"

Link (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cin)

reds44
04-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Hahaha BP's is awesome too!

"I don't know where that guy came from"

jhiller21
04-21-2006, 01:20 AM
"It is, sevendafive... Cincinnati."

dougdirt
04-21-2006, 01:20 AM
You would think Harry Doyle would know that Phillips came from Cleveland....

jhiller21
04-21-2006, 01:25 AM
You would think Harry Doyle would know that Phillips came from Cleveland....

That's Bob Uecker? I had no idea. :lol:

StRedlegs900
04-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Heck yea, Bob Uecker is hilarious. Now we just need Mr. Belvedere calling our FSN games, and we'd be money....:laugh:

"Heeey Cincinnati fans, in case you haven't noticed...and juuuudging by the attendance you haven't...the Reds have been able to win a few here and there!"

redsmetz
04-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Hahaha BP's is awesome too!

"I don't know where that guy came from"

I thought that was such a weak comment. You're a broadcaster and you're not payiing attention to your own division opponents' transactions? :thumbdown

Blimpie
04-21-2006, 09:16 AM
The Braves TBS crew wins my award for the most downplayed opposition homerun of all time. One time, Larkin hit an opposite field line drive that barely cleared the outfield wall. Their call went something like this:

Skip: "Did that one get out?"

Pete: "Guess so."

Skip: "Hmm."

This was followed by ten seconds of complete and utter silence that lasted until Larkin reached the Reds dugout.

flyer85
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I thought that was such a weak comment. You're a broadcaster and you're not payiing attention to your own division opponents' transactions? :thumbdownBroadcasters are baseball experts, if you don't believe it just ask 'em.

registerthis
04-21-2006, 09:43 AM
The Braves TBS crew wins my award for the most downplayed opposition homerun of all time. One time, Larkin hit an opposite field line drive that barely cleared the outfield wall. Their call went something like this:

Skip: "Did that one get out?"

Pete: "Guess so."

Skip: "Hmm."

This was followed by ten seconds of complete and utter silence that lasted until Larkin reached the Reds dugout.

LOL

That's up there with some of Nuxhall's comically understated calls of opponent's HRs (said without pause with no inflection in the voice):

"And here's the 2-1 pitch and there's a fly ball and it's 1-0 Cardinals."