PDA

View Full Version : George Grande...

GeorgeGrandeson
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I thought i would make another thread since my grandpa seems to be such a hot topic on this message board:rolleyes:

I'm on here to let you all know that when George Grande is announcing the games that is really him, he's not putting on the nice act when he doesn't say bad things about people, he is honestly just an all around good guy. I really wish people would get to know someone before they attack their character! it is one thing to criticize a player if he's not doing his job on the field, it's quite another to criticize a persons character, and frankly is uncalled for when you don't know him, However, the statement that he's always "bashing" the reds, is simply not true! and yes, George is a fan of the Cardinals, he has been since being a young kid, are you telling me if you got a job with another team you would switch from being a reds fan? it's really not like that, if you're a fan, you're a fan, and that doesn't change. Jim Edmonds is his favorite player, as i see some of you have noticed on this board, and i would like to see if you fans were on tape talking about pete rose, or johnny bench would you seem the same way?

All i'm saying is i think you should get to know someone before you tear them down as a person.

hopefully it's something for you to think about.

smith288
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I dont see anyone attacking his character. I see people attacking his skills as an announcer.

I like the guy personally and wish you wouldnt take the heat he gets on this board so seriously.

I love the Reds but if employed by the Yankees (which I kinda was as a clippers batboy when I was in high school), I would openly support the team of which I was employed. Grande seems to forget the Cards are our rival and we dont care to hear how awesome his favorite team is.

What he gets here is childs play. Imagine if a Red Sox fan was employed by the Yankees booth and openly supported the Sox... death threats would be daily.

flyer85
04-21-2006, 12:27 PM
I thought i would make another thread since my grandpa seems to be such a hot topic on this message board:rolleyes:

I'm on here to let you all know that when George Grande is announcing the games that is really him, he's not putting on the nice act when he doesn't say bad things about people, he is honestly just an all around good guy. The best darn baseball announcer, period.:D

flyer85
04-21-2006, 12:31 PM
George is a fan of the Cardinalsdo tell.

pedro
04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Well if you are really are his grandson then you know his story....

Honestly, I don't think anyone thinks George Grande is a bad guy. Some aren't fans of his announcing style and FTR he does talk about the Cardinals too much for my taste, but I don't think he can ever be accused of being overly negative or mean spirited.

pedro
04-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Ok, I smell a ruse.

westofyou
04-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Charming, just downright charming.

Chip R
04-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I dont see anyone attacking his character. I see people attacking his skills as an announcer.

I like the guy personally and wish you wouldnt take the heat he gets on this board so seriously.

I love the Reds but if employed by the Yankees (which I kinda was as a clippers batboy when I was in high school), I would openly support the team of which I was employed. Grande seems to forget the Cards are our rival and we dont care to hear how awesome his favorite team is.

Hi, hello and welcome to RedsZone. ;) Tell Gramps that when he's doing a Reds-Cards game he needs to tone down the love for the Cards. He works for the Reds, not the Cards. If he loves the Cards so much he should go work for them.

No one has said anything about Gramps as a person. He sounds like a great guy and a very nice individual. As a broadcaster he leaves a lot to be desired.

CTA513
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi, hello and welcome to RedsZone. ;) Tell Gramps that when he's doing a Reds-Cards game he needs to tone down the love for the Cards. He works for the Reds, not the Cards. If he loves the Cards so much he should go work for them.

No one has said anything about Gramps as a person. He sounds like a great guy and a very nice individual. As a broadcaster he leaves a lot to be desired.

:thumbup:

savafan
04-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, I smell a ruse.

Pete Ruse? That guy was the greatest player ever. I love how he hustled. :p:

smith288
04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Ok, I smell a ruse.
I see two new members introducing themselves to us at the same time then posting to each other in a way to diminish RedsZone... Ruse indeed.

Cedric
04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Something doesn't fit with this one lol.

Reds4Life
04-21-2006, 12:51 PM
It seems the trolls are out today, so I'm locking this. We'll be dealing with the posters in question.