PDA

View Full Version : Dragons on TV the next 2 nights..

medford
04-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Just pulled out the Dragons schedule that I got for free somewhere and left in my Car. It says the Dragons are on TV the next 2 nights (Time warner television, chanel 25 in the South Dayton area)

Anyone know who the starting pitchers will be? I'll probably DVR it Wood is starting so I can catch a glimpse.

Thanks in Advance.

Reds Fanatic
04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I am not sure about tomorrow night. Jeff Stevens is starting tonight for the Dragons. Joe Nuxhall is doing the Dragons broadcast tonight.

Red Leader
04-21-2006, 01:55 PM
medford, I believe Travis Wood starts tomorrow (Saturday), so DVR that one.

medford
04-21-2006, 02:08 PM
gracias

Red Leader
04-21-2006, 02:10 PM
gracias

de nada. :beerme:

CTA513
04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
medford, I believe Travis Wood starts tomorrow (Saturday), so DVR that one.

Are you able to make DVDs of the recording?

Red Leader
04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Are you able to make DVDs of the recording?

unfortunately, no. I don't have a DVD recorder hooked up to my DVR.

My Dad has a DVD recorder. I'll have to check with him to see if he can make a copy.

CTA513
04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
unfortunately, no. I don't have a DVD recorder hooked up to my DVR.

My Dad has a DVD recorder. I'll have to check with him to see if he can make a copy.

If you can get the game with Wood pitching on DVD let me know, because ill pay for a copy of it.

Shaknb8k
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
If someone could get it on tape to me i would make a few copies for you all. I have a dvd recorder but dont live in the dayton area. The quality from tape to dvd wouldnt be great put hey u would still be able to watch it. Just let me know what the deal is.

PS- I can make copies with out any trouble right? just as long as i dont charge anything. I hope so cause i distributed copies of the Sugar Bowl to the entire Kanawha Valley in WV.

Superdude
04-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Stevens looked great tonight. He was throwing three quality pitches including a "fall of the table" 12-6 curve. Nice changeup too.

medford
04-21-2006, 11:47 PM
OK, before heading out this evening, I watched the first inning of the Dragons home opener while tonights game was in Rain Delay. Wood was on the hill. Now I'm certainly no expert on scouting talent, not even close. However, it appears to me that Wood has some kind of jerkiness to his delivery. Could have been the camera angle, could have just been his first inning.

Can anyone that has seen him pitch confirm this? Is this any concern? Obviously he's put up great numbers, so whatever delivery he is using seems to be working, but I'm worried that it could lead to long term arm troubles. I saw Bailey pitch several games for the Dragons last year and he was smooth as butter.

rah-ri
04-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm pretty sure he did not pitch tonight. I think he is supposed to start tomorrow. Are you sure it was him?

OnBaseMachine
04-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Stevens looked great tonight. He was throwing three quality pitches including a "fall of the table" 12-6 curve. Nice changeup too.

How hard was he throwing?

Red Leader
04-22-2006, 08:16 AM
OK, before heading out this evening, I watched the first inning of the Dragons home opener while tonights game was in Rain Delay. Wood was on the hill. Now I'm certainly no expert on scouting talent, not even close. However, it appears to me that Wood has some kind of jerkiness to his delivery. Could have been the camera angle, could have just been his first inning.

Can anyone that has seen him pitch confirm this? Is this any concern? Obviously he's put up great numbers, so whatever delivery he is using seems to be working, but I'm worried that it could lead to long term arm troubles. I saw Bailey pitch several games for the Dragons last year and he was smooth as butter.

Travis Wood pitches tonight.

Jeff Stevens pitched last night.

medford
04-22-2006, 08:45 AM
No, it was a replay of their opening home game while tonights game was in rain delay. They said the last nights game would start @ 8:00, so they showed the begining of this year's first televised game from 7ish to 8ish. I caught the first inning of the replay before I left, and it was definently Wood pitching. I'm pretty sure it was the home opener, which I know was televised and Wood was on the mound.

Anyways, that neither here nor there, more courious about his throwing motion and if anyone else noticed the jerk right before his delivery. If it was there, is it anything to be concerned about? I guess watch him tonight, and see if you notice it. It could have been a one time thing, could have been the TV angle, or perhaps I was just seeing something that wasn't really there. I'm not even sure if its something to be concerned about.

Red Leader
04-22-2006, 08:50 AM
No, it was a replay of their opening home game while tonights game was in rain delay. They said the last nights game would start @ 8:00, so they showed the begining of this year's first televised game from 7ish to 8ish. I caught the first inning of the replay before I left, and it was definently Wood pitching. I'm pretty sure it was the home opener, which I know was televised and Wood was on the mound.

Anyways, that neither here nor there, more courious about his throwing motion and if anyone else noticed the jerk right before his delivery. If it was there, is it anything to be concerned about? I guess watch him tonight, and see if you notice it. It could have been a one time thing, could have been the TV angle, or perhaps I was just seeing something that wasn't really there. I'm not even sure if its something to be concerned about.

Aaaah, I understand now.

Having seen him pitch in the game I attended, I believe he had a "pause" in his delivery, but I didn't notice a jerking motion. I'll watch the game tonight to see if I see anything.

OnBaseMachine
04-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Below is a link to where you can watch a video of Travis Wood's delivery. I didn't notice anything too bad in his delivery. In fact, his delivery sort of reminds me of a left-handed Roy Oswalt.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/draft/y2005/tracker/search.jsp?sc=team&sp=cin&pg=2

medford
04-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Red Leader, a pause is a better way to describe it. Like I said, I'm certainly no talent evaluator, but it sounds like its nothing to worry about.

Thanks

rah-ri
04-22-2006, 09:12 AM
it just had his name?????

OnBaseMachine
04-22-2006, 09:16 AM
it just had his name?????

Scroll down to the bottom where it says Travis Wood, look to the far right and click on either 56K or 350K, whatever works better for you.

rah-ri
04-22-2006, 11:07 AM
ohh ok thanks.....:thumbup:

Red Leader
04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Didn't see anything in his delivery in that video that would cause concern. I will say that his curve ball has come a long way since that video was filmed. Glad he's still working on it though, because if he can get that to a major league average pitch, he'll move quickly. His fastball has good movement, and his change is already a plus pitch.

RollyInRaleigh
04-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I like the mechanics, myself. Looks good.

Superdude
04-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I will say that his curve ball has come a long way since that video was filmed

He dropped a couple really good looking curveballs. It obviously wasn't as good, but had the same sort of break as Zach Duke. That's at least an average pitch.