PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America chat just ended, Reds tidbits

dougdirt
04-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Well, Baseball America just had a chat and they had three Reds questions, but one was about Brandon Phillips, so we will leave that one out.

Q: Paul from NJ asks:
You have to admit that Phillip Hughes is probably the best pitching prospect in High A.
A:

Matt Meyers: No, I don't have to admit it. He is certainly in the discussion, but I think Cole Hamels, Homer Bailey and Mike Pelfrey would have something to say about it. Hughes is a great prospect, and he might certainly be the best, but I don't think it is so clear cut. In fact, when we did our Top 100, Pelfrey was No. 36, Bailey was No. 38 and Hughes was No. 39. So clearly they are close.

Q: Chris from Ohio asks:
Jay Bruce is off to a pretty good start it seems..How do you see him doing as the season goes on? Do you see him having a hard time finding a starting job in that slugging Cininnati outfield?
A:

Matt Meyers: Bruce is a stud, but I think you have some time before that is an issue. He is a couple of years away from being ready for the big leagues, and that is if he is on the super-fast track. By then, my guess is Griffey will be done (unless they create some kind of hamstring replacement surgery) and Dunn will be at first base full-time.

Aronchis
04-21-2006, 04:33 PM
If Krivsky could get Dunn to 1st base, he gets major props. Adam is fighting that move with all his power....:)