PDA

View Full Version : Ortiz To Be Moved Up In The Nats Rotation? Awesome!

BuckU
04-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Per Marc's Blog...

The Nationals have adjusted their rotation so our pal Ramon "I'm very happy" Ortiz will be starting Wednesday's series finale. He was supposed to go Thursday.

This is great news as Patterson was going to go in the final. The last two games of this series are very win-able. Providing Dave Williams can keep the Nats hitters off balance with his 82 mph fastball.

kbrake
04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
I was also pumped when I read that, I dont even care that it means we avoid Patterson, I just want a chance to swing at that crap we had to watch Ramon throw all last year.

Chip R
04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks, Frank!

cumberlandreds
04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I was looking forward to good pitching matchup for Wedsnesday as I am going to the game. But........ I'll take it. Patterson is tough in RFK and would have been hard to score many runs on him. If the Reds can survive tonight there's a good chance of a sweep and good momentum heading into the Astros series.

RBA
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Maybe MLB pitchers are starting to find excuses to avoid the Reds lineup? "Skipper, I may need one more day of rest, can I pitch the next day against the Marlins instead."

Heath
04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
[DOOM&GLOOM] - our luck Ramon Ortiz becomes Cy Young for one "shining moment" instead of the batting tee his career has shaped up to be. [/DOOM&GLOOM]

M2
04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Can Dave Williams and Ramon Ortiz occupy the same mound during the same game without creating a rip in the space-time continuum?

Heath
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Can Dave Williams and Ramon Ortiz occupy the same mound during the same game without creating a rip in the space-time continuum?

Yes, because the factor of Time Spent on the Mound (known as "y") divided by Actual Pitches Thrown (known as "X") added to the sum of Dan O'Brien's love for sucky pitchers ("known as "Z") divided by the actual attendence of RFK Stadium for that game (known as "A"). This formula is only superseded if the runs scored in innings one through five is a Fibonacci Series of numbers.

For you stat geeks-here is the formula.

(y/x)+(z/a)=Pitchers Suckitude.

Time space continuum can only happen if the inning line from 1-5 innings looks like this...:eek:

CIN - 1 1 2 3 5
WAS- 1 1 2 3 5

Dunner44
04-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Except Dave is pitching tonight and Ortiz pitches tomorrow against bronson.... but good math anyway.

BoCcc2832
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
"Ortiz will get the start. Ortiz was recently skipped because this past weekend because of a rainout on Saturday. Manager Frank Robinson told Ortiz of his decision, and the righty did not agree with it. Ortiz wanted to be pushed back one day and face the Braves on Sunday." No, he just didn't want to get rocked by his old team

RedsNeck
04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
That is tremendous news. I can't think of anyone I'd rather face. I bet the team returns the favor for a few of those hair cuts he gave last year by lowering his ears with some laser beams up the middle. I'll predict a line of 3IP 8H 2BB 1K 7ER.

Redeye fly
04-25-2006, 02:57 PM
That is tremendous news. I can't think of anyone I'd rather face. I bet the team returns the favor for a few of those hair cuts he gave last year by lowering his ears with some laser beams up the middle. I'll predict a line of 3IP 8H 2BB 1K 7ER.

I don't know, we sometimes have a rather disturbing tendency to struggle against incredibly mediocre pitchers. Although, normally it tends to be soft tossing lefthanders who probably wouldn't even sniff the majors if they weren't lefthanded- guys like Jimmy Anderson and Tommy Phelps, or even soft tossing righties like Josh Fogg. So hopefully against a guy like Ortiz, we'll be alright.

toledodan
04-25-2006, 03:38 PM

:jump: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

flyer85
04-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Can Dave Williams and Ramon Ortiz occupy the same mound during the same game without creating a rip in the space-time continuum?I'm sure if thet actually touch it would destroy the universe(the whole matter/anti-matter thing). They seem to be mirror images of each other. :laugh: