PDA

View Full Version : Travis Chick placed on DL

OnBaseMachine
04-29-2006, 11:22 AM
NEWS 'N' NOTES:

- Outfielder Chris Dickerson was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, April 25th (strained groin).

- Mike Nannini rejoined the Lookouts pitching staff from Sarasota on Wednesday, April 26.

- RHP Travis Chick has been placed on the disabled list (4/25/06) with triceps tendonitis.

- Josh Hall has been recalled to AAA Louisville.

- Lookouts closer David Shafer leads the Southern League in saves with six.

http://oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3301250

edabbs44
04-29-2006, 11:53 AM
NEWS 'N' NOTES:

- Outfielder Chris Dickerson was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, April 25th (strained groin).

- Mike Nannini rejoined the Lookouts pitching staff from Sarasota on Wednesday, April 26.

- RHP Travis Chick has been placed on the disabled list (4/25/06) with triceps tendonitis.

- Josh Hall has been recalled to AAA Louisville.

- Lookouts closer David Shafer leads the Southern League in saves with six.

http://oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3301250

Chick to DL...tremendous. At least the word "labrum" wasn't used.

KronoRed
04-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Or rotator cuff

MikeS21
04-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Nor did the name "Tommy John" appear any where.

Superdude
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Could that be why he suddenly became a low 90's guy? I remember hearing all this crap about him being a so called "flame thrower" when we got him. Was that just Dan O' propaganda or did he used to have that kind of velocity?

Aronchis
04-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Could that be why he suddenly became a low 90's guy? I remember hearing all this crap about him being a so called "flame thrower" when we got him. Was that just Dan O' propaganda or did he used to have that kind of velocity?
Chick never was a flame thrower. Always threw in the low 90's reaching the mid-90's on good days. His fastball gets some good movement however, that is why he has been called a "power pitcher".

Superdude
04-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe I just read wrong.

wheels
04-29-2006, 05:56 PM
I heard he used to have serious gas as well.

Ten will get you twenty that "tendonitis" will turn out to be something more serious.

M2
05-01-2006, 12:20 AM
I heard he used to have serious gas as well.

Ten will get you twenty that "tendonitis" will turn out to be something more serious.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it will be like Ricardo Aramboles going away for something supposedly minor and then never being seen again, but I don't for a second believe it's as simple as Chick just needs to give his arm a little rest.

IslandRed
05-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Chick never was a flame thrower. Always threw in the low 90's reaching the mid-90's on good days. His fastball gets some good movement however, that is why he has been called a "power pitcher".

If a guy's fastball sits in the low 90s, touches the mid-90s and moves, that's plenty good enough to earn the power pitcher label. He was supposed to have a real nice slider to go with it, too. Chick was one of those guys -- two years ago -- that both the scouts and the stats-line readers liked. We haven't seen that pitcher yet. A combination of over-promotion and a sore arm can do that.

Aronchis
05-01-2006, 01:38 AM
If a guy's fastball sits in the low 90s, touches the mid-90s and moves, that's plenty good enough to earn the power pitcher label. He was supposed to have a real nice slider to go with it, too. Chick was one of those guys -- two years ago -- that both the scouts and the stats-line readers liked. We haven't seen that pitcher yet. A combination of over-promotion and a sore arm can do that.

I remember reading Chick's slider was also raw. The big deal with Chick was his heavy, moving fastball, but the rest was a work in process. Maybe we have seen that pitcher, but overpromotion spoiled it. He actually had signs of that old flare this year.

Tommyjohn25
05-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Nor did the name "Tommy John" appear any where.

:wave:

dougdirt
05-01-2006, 10:58 AM
:wave:

You better be waving to Mike and not Travis!

OnBaseMachine
05-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Now off the DL.

In the final game of their current series, Travis Chick takes the mound for Chattanooga Saturday night. Game time is 7:15 p.m. Another fireworks show follows the game.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_85295.asp

johngalt
05-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Now off the DL.

In the final game of their current series, Travis Chick takes the mound for Chattanooga Saturday night. Game time is 7:15 p.m. Another fireworks show follows the game.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_85295.asp

Pitched well too...5 IP, 1 H, 5 Ks

Mario-Rijo
05-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Pitched well too...5 IP, 1 H, 5 Ks

Nice! Well it looks as though it wasn't that bad after all. 1 Hit in 5 innings I can certainly live with. :thumbup: