PDA

View Full Version : Reds Revised FSN Ohio TV Schedule

cumberlandreds
05-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Here's the link to the revised Reds TV schedule. I didn't see this anywhere else here. FSN Ohio is basically carrying all games except for the weekday afternoon games between now and the end of June. I suspect that if the Reds stay in the race through June they will add more games in July,August and September.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/schedule/broadcast.jsp

SirFelixCat
05-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Wow...28 games in May. That's just plain AWESOME!

"Build it (a better team) and they will come (watch)" ;)

alexad
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSN must of realized they needed baseball on everynight since Ohio did not have a baseball team on full time.

I like it.

Reds Fanatic
05-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Reds now have a total of 116 televised games and if they keep winning it could be more than that if they add more broadcasts from July on.

Heath
05-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey, NE Ohio fans - are you getting Reds games?

minus5
05-02-2006, 09:18 AM
That settles it, I'm going to need more beer.

Yachtzee
05-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey, NE Ohio fans - are you getting Reds games?

Nope. They teased us a little by showing Reds Week before the season started. Then they showed the first episode of Reds Weekly. But they didn't show any games and now when it says "Reds Weekly" on the schedule, it usually ends up being poker or "Beyond the Glory." Not that it matters for me. I'm stuck in a room studying for exams and listening to the games on XM.

Gizmo
05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/8463/excellent6pl.jpg
Excellent.

44Magnum
05-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Way to go Fox Sports.

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Closer to all games on all the time :D

Heath
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Closer to all games on all the time :D

All we need is WXIX to go WTBS on everyone and we put the Reds on XIX.

:thumbup:

And if this ballclub starts winning like this, you can bet your bippy something like this would happen.

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Like fox would allow that ;)

Superstations are things of the past.

What the Reds need is..the Reds network :D

traderumor
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I hoped that the Reds would benefit from the Indians leaving FSN, and they have. My cable system now has everything Reds on FSN, including the pregame and the weekly program. Last year, with the Tribe still on FSN, they got priority and the Reds maybe showed up on an alternative channel, but sometimes they just didn't show up. The pregame was hit and miss too. Now, all these additional games and the Reds have a chance to make some headway back into markets they lost to the mid-90s Indians.

I've also been hearing a "Columbus weekend" promo. Great idea, that market is ripe and could be a big pickup for the Reds, esp. since Cincy is a closer and easier drive.

Heath
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
What the Reds need is..the Reds network :D

I have Steve LaMar and Gordy Coleman flashbacks. :bang:

You thought GG & the Creeper was bad.

Danny Serafini
05-02-2006, 03:35 PM
I hoped that the Reds would benefit from the Indians leaving FSN, and they have.

Not necessarily. Thanks to the Indians leaving FSN the cable system in Toledo dropped Fox Sports Ohio. So while you've now got 116 games instead of 100, I've now got 0.

traderumor
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Not necessarily. Thanks to the Indians leaving FSN the cable system in Toledo dropped Fox Sports Ohio. So while you've now got 116 games instead of 100, I've now got 0.I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sure you're altogether screwed because you are in Reds blackout territory and can't do EI or mlb.tv

BTW, that is a good example of where the blackout rules ought not apply. If there is no local broadcast available, then those folks should be allowed to purchase an out of market package. That's just patently unfair.

toledodan
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sure you're altogether screwed because you are in Reds blackout territory and can't do EI or mlb.tv

BTW, that is a good example of where the blackout rules ought not apply. If there is no local broadcast available, then those folks should be allowed to purchase an out of market package. That's just patently unfair.

if he had directv with the fox package he would be fine. he doesn't even need EI. i'm so glad i dumped buckeye cable a year ago. of course i don't get the cavs or indian games. the wierd thing is i'm shut out of the indian games because of the sports time ohio contract with cable. if i lived on the east side of toledo i would get the indian games as well. what really sucks if i lived 2 miles north of here i would get every game because michigan is detroit market only. toledo is detroit, cleveland and cincy.:bang:

traderumor
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
All I know is that I'm going to be watching a lot of picture in picture with all those games on. They are basically covering every game except a few businessman's special from now until the AS Break.

NastyBoy
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I am not sure if anyone else posted this... But someone in another thread was asking about more televised games and if there was an announcement about it. :beerme:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060502&content_id=1429062&vkey=pr_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin