PDA

View Full Version : Rough weekend for the Twinkies

vaticanplum
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
We should sticky this in case it all falls apart with the Reds. I had read the scores but I hadn't realized it was this bad.

In all of Major League Baseball, there hadn’t been a three-game series this lopsided in four years… Just in case anyone had missed the first two debacles, the Twins served up another Sunday, as the Detroit Tigers marched behind Kenny Rogers to a 6-0 cakewalk at Comerica Park.

Time of game: two hours, one minute. Total hits for the Twins: two.

Final score for the series: 33-1 Detroit.

“My whole career, I’ve never been whooped like this,” Torii Hunter said. Most players haven’t. In fact, the last time two teams had been separated by more runs in a three-game series came in 2002, when the Anaheim Angels outscored the Cleveland Indians 36-4.

Oof.

Speaking of pain, I think Bronson Arroyo might have broken my elbow. In my cheering last night I bashed it on the windowframe. It was just funnybone pain at the time, but I woke up at 3 am in horrible pain, and now it is all swollen and I can't bend my arm up, only straighten it out. It hurts a lot and it's becoming increasingly difficult to type. But hey, I'll take one for the team.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
then they lost 8-2 last night.

Pythag record is dropping fast.