PDA

View Full Version : A player I would consider acquiring

flyer85
05-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Travis Lee of the Eggs. He is a guy who really saves his infielders a number of errors and RA and SH are not good at picking throws and neither is tall(Lee is 6'3"). With the need for not having a great offensive 1B if they don't plan to move Dunn to 1b I would strongly consider dealing for a quality defensive 1b expecially with a number of infielders who will test the ability of the 1b to field throws.

Just a thought.

Crash Davis
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Travis Lee of the Eggs. He is a guy who really saves his infielders a number of errors and RA and SH are not good at picking throws and neither is tall(Lee is 6'3"). With the need for not having a great offensive 1B if they don't plan to move Dunn to 1b I would strongly consider dealing for a quality defensive 1b expecially with a number of infielders who will test the ability of the 1b to field throws.

Just a thought.

As a late-inning defensive replacement?

Who would you sit to play Lee at any other time?

Heath
05-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

Dunn to first, Griffey to LF, and Deno/Freel to CF.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
As a late-inning defensive replacement?

Who would you sit to play Lee at any other time?Lee's recent numbers suggest a slightly better offensive player than hatteberg and a far superior defensive one. He takes Hattebergs spot.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

Dunn to first, Griffey to LF, and Deno/Freel to CF.except we know that isn't going to happen

Heath
05-02-2006, 03:00 PM
except we know that isn't going to happen

And tossing Lee into the mix, does what?

I can't believe what I am going to suggest here, but what does Travis Lee bring to the table (besides the bloated ego & inflated contract) that Rich Aurilia already is?

Also, WayneK brought in The Hat. If the Hat was brought up by DanO, then we'd have a situation.

Watching the D-Rays as I do, I think that the D-Rays (TeamClark, are you listening?) should DFA Lee and play Huff there when he gets back from DL.

No thanks.

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Too expensive, the Hat is our 1st baseman of the future ;)

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
And tossing Lee into the mix, does what?

I can't believe what I am going to suggest here, but what does Travis Lee bring to the table (besides the bloated ego & inflated contract) that Rich Aurilia already isone of the best defensive 1B in all of baseball(Rich sure isn't, he missed an easy play last night because he turned his body the wrong way.) I'm sure the Rays will eat the money when Huff is ready to return from the DL

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Too expensive, the Hat is our 1st baseman of the future ;)and the Reds will soon learn about "regression to the mean".

Jr's Boy
05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll stick with Hatte.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:27 PM
I'll stick with Hatte.it won't be long

edabbs44
05-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I like Lee for def purposes, but we should save our chips for a pitching acquisition. I'm starting to get scared of how much they are using Coffey. And every 5th day is WAY too much use out of DWill.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I like Lee for def purposes, but we should save our chips for a pitching acquisition. Lee won't cost a thing because he will be an unnecessary part when Huff comes back, if it wasn't for the contract I would expect the Eggs to release him(they may anyway).

Heath
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
He's Carlos Pena with less pop. He makes 2.45 million.

I'd rather spend the 2.45 on a pitcher or two.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
He's Carlos Pena with less pop. Lee is a far superior defender to Pena(who is average at best). With the current crop of scatter armed infielders the Reds having a "real pickin machine" could make a big difference.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I'd rather spend the 2.45 on a pitcher or two.as long as you like bad pitching it oughtta work.

Heath
05-02-2006, 03:47 PM
flyer, come clean -

are you related to Travis Lee, did he marry your sister or something? Does he owe you any money?

Or, are YOU Travis Lee?

:D

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
flyer, come clean -

are you related to Travis Leeactually Hatteberg knocked up my sister. Don't worry your sister is next.

In all seriousness this team really needs to look at some ways to shore up the defense without hurting the offense. Removing Hatteberg from the first base picture is a plus in every way.

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Glad I don't have a sister :help:

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Glad I don't have a sister :help:if you're perty enuff you might do, better watch out.

BRM
05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Removing Hatteberg from the first base picture is a plus in every way.

But Hatteberg is raking...

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
if you're perty enuff you might do, better watch out.
:eek:

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
But Hatteberg is raking...leaves.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
:eek:watch Deliverance some time.

Can you squeal like a pig?

smith288
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I heard Lee has a bit of an ego.

BRM
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
leaves.

Hatteberg hater.

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
watch Deliverance some time.

Can you squeal like a pig?
You scare me :cry:

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Hatteberg hater.I have a dark heart :starwars:

flyer85
05-02-2006, 03:59 PM
You scare me :cry:I was scared too. There's a reason I've never been rafting in West Virginia.

WMR
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I was scared too. There's a reason I've never been rafting in West Virginia.

It was Georgia, FWIW.

edabbs44
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Pitching, pitching, pitching. No need for Lee at this time. True we could use a defensive 1B, but we could also use some help in the OF defensive dept.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:04 PM
It was Georgia, FWIW.IIRC, it was actually filmed in West Virginia.

I read an article a couple of years ago about what happened to the young banjop player from that movie. He was living in Alabama or something like that.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:06 PM
but we could also use some help in the OF defensive dept.The help for that is within the organization, no need to go outside.

WMR
05-02-2006, 04:06 PM
IIRC, it was actually filmed in West Virginia.

I read an article a couple of years ago about what happened to the young banjp player from that movie. He was living in Alabama or something like that.

Widely acclaimed as a landmark film, Deliverance is the story of four Atlanta, Georgia suburban professional men on a weekend canoe and camping trip. The film is also noted for the memorable music scene near the beginning that sets the tone for what lies ahead: a trip into unknown and potentially dangerous territory. In the scene at the rural gas station, character Drew Ballinger plays the instrumental "Dueling Banjos" on his guitar with a retarded mountain boy named Lonny (implied as being an inbred albino in the novel, portrayed by Billy Redden), who eventually outplays Drew with his banjo. The song won the 1974 Grammy Award for Best Country Instrumental Performance.

Deliverance was shot on the Chattooga River, dividing the states of South Carolina and Georgia. In the years following the film's release, more than 30 people have drowned attempting to recreate the canoe trip along the section of the river where the film was shot. The rapids within both book and film become a major symbol and plot device to reflect the natural dangers of the untamed wilderness in the face of inexperienced urban outsiders.

In 2001, the book was named as one of the 100 best English-language novels of the 20th century by the editorial board of the American Modern Library. The film was selected by the New York Times as one of "The Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made", whilst the viewers of Channel 4 in the UK voted it 45 in a list of the "The 100 Greatest Films."

Per Wikipedia.

:mooner: ;)

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I never have claimed to be a pig squealing expert, however, the same can't seem to be said for others. ;)

WMR
05-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I never have claimed to be a pig squealing expert, however, the same can't seem to be said for others. ;)

First you knock WV, then Kentucky!!!

Well... most of us Eastern Kentuckians and West Virginians are related if you go back far enough, maybe you've got a point. :laugh: :laugh:

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
First you knock WV, then Kentucky!!!

Well... most of us Eastern Kentuckians and West Virginians are related if you go back far enough, maybe you've got a point. :laugh: :laugh:I have heard tell the hardest decision to make in those parts is trying to figure out on which side of the aisle you should sit at a weddin.

WMR
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I have heard tell the hardest decision to make in those parts is trying to figure out on which side of the aisle you should sit at a weddin.

LMAO... funny but true! I was born and bred in Central KY, but all my family on my dad's side is from Pike County. My grandpa was born in a log cabin in Pike County. He's 87 now, a couple years ago he and I drove to Pike County for a family reunion. It was really cool for a lot of reasons, especially getting to talk with my Grandpa about what things were like for him growing up in, truly, a totally different era in American history...

Anyway, Yes, if you go back more than a couple generations, you can find some sort of relation with just about anyone you encounter, whether in E. KY or WVA.

FoReel
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Why would we want to give some one up when we can prolly just get casey again in the offseason,.

Highlifeman21
05-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Why would we want to give some one up when we can prolly just get casey again in the offseason,.

And what would THAT do to help the team? Unless he plays for 1 Million a year, I don't want Sean Casey back in a Reds uniform. I think adding Casey back to the mix just causes a log jam we want nothing to do with. We need to think about DEFENSE for this team, and Casey does nothing to help that problem. We need to magically convince Dunn that his future is at 1B, and then somehow magically convince Griffey he's a LF hiding in CF's clothing. This opens the door for either Freel or Denorfia as the everyday CF, which immensely improves the defense.