PDA

View Full Version : We're not in Kansas anymore...

UPRedsFan
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto! The staff ERA is now 4.59! They swept the Cardinals, took 2 of 3 from the Astros, beat Oswalt, beat Pettite, beat Carpenter, beat Mulder, beat Sheets, beat Willis, beat Zambrano (the good one). Suddenly the month of June doesn't seem as scary as it once did with the strength of schedule they're facing. Maybe Clemens will change his thinking and give the Reds a consideration afterall if they keep pulling away from Houston. Afterall, he was born in Dayton!

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:49 PM
We're not in Kansas It's a great state ... to be from.

Sea Ray
05-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Strength of schedule? Heck, teams should start worrying when they see our Reds on their schedule. This team should fear no one.

guttle11
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
These ain't your slightly older brother's Cincinnati Reds!

Joseph
05-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I love to see the team win, but let's not build a shrine just yet. Remember, guys who homer on Opening Day are on pace for 162, but last time I looked no one broke triple digits, yet. It's a month into the season, there are 5 more to go. Let's hope it continues, but let's be careful annointing them division champs.

redsmetz
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I love to see the team win, but let's not build a shrine just yet. Remember, guys who homer on Opening Day are on pace for 162, but last time I looked no one broke triple digits, yet. It's a month into the season, there are 5 more to go. Let's hope it continues, but let's be careful annointing them division champs.

No, no. It's time to go crazy, storm the streets, dance around.... :bang:

Oh, okay, okay....yes I'll settle down.

But it sure is fun.

:jump:

Joseph
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM
No, no. It's time to go crazy, storm the streets, dance around.... :bang:

Oh, okay, okay....yes I'll settle down.

But it sure is fun.

:jump:

Yeah it is fun. I didn't mean to sound like a wet blanket who isn't enthused by the play of our beloved Redlegs, I just also don't want to go completely to the extreme. I'm very happy with whats going on on the field.

Sea Ray
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Nobody's saying they'll win anything in October. All I know is they're a good team as of May 2nd and they're fun to watch. Anything can happen between now and Oct 1.

OldXOhio
05-02-2006, 05:16 PM

Nah, let's go so far as to annoint them division, league and world champs while we're at it. What's the harm? It's not going to last, we know that to be true. Sure, this team could win the division, although it's not likely. Let's have some fun with this - God knows it's been a long time since we've been in any position like this to feel good about things.

Jr's Boy
05-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Lets handle the Rockies,Dbacks,Nats,Phils,Pirates,Tigers,Brewers,C ubs in May and go from there.

MartyFan
05-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Lets handle the Rockies,Dbacks,Nats,Phils,Pirates,Tigers,Brewers,C ubs in May and go from there.

Agreed...lets keep surprising the teams that think we shouldn't beat them and kill the teams that we should beat every time out and the season will take care of itself...I think I could go into Baseball Talking Head mode with more of my catchy cliches!