PDA

View Full Version : When is P. Wilson's next start?

NDRed
05-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Also, is there a audio link to hear this game? It would be interesting to listen to the announcers, probably a better indicator of his stuff.

Remember, coming back from injuries is nothing new for Wilson. He was 11-6 and 184 innings in 2004. If he can hit 85 MPH he should be better than Williams.

dougdirt
05-03-2006, 12:52 AM
He pitched tonight for Louisville. 6 innings, 2 runs. 6 hits, 1 walk, 1 strikeout. So I would imagine he pitches in 5-6 days.

WVPacman
05-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Also, is there a audio link to hear this game? It would be interesting to listen to the announcers, probably a better indicator of his stuff.

Remember, coming back from injuries is nothing new for Wilson. He was 11-6 and 184 innings in 2004. If he can hit 85 MPH he should be better than Williams.

I think it was either tuesday night or tonight!!

NDRed
05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks Guys!

I thought it was tonight but when I didn't see anything on the boards I was thinking I must have been mistaken...I should have known better:)

dougdirt
05-03-2006, 01:01 AM
I posted a little thing about it in the game reports for today thread, but I was more listening to the Dragons double header and then Chattanooga so Louisville was taking a back seat.

Doc. Scott
05-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Paul gave up a homer to Melky Cabrera, the first hitter he faced, but settled down nicely. One K in six innings is the only problem I see, and I assume that's because he wasn't using as much breaking stuff.

corkedbat
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Narron told Marty that he gave up a HR on the first pitch and only one run after that. On the down side (way down) he said his fastball was topping out in the "low 80's" and they were hoping he can develop some arm strength in the next 2-3 starts.

How MPH can he conceivably add in 2-3 starts? Will he be a much better option than Williams?

dougdirt
05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Well corked, he is rehabbing from surgery. He is adding strength, and you have to think 2-3 starts is 15-17 days of extra work. I would say Wilson could probably hit 88 or so.

flyer85
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
How MPH can he conceivably add in 2-3 starts? not likely to add the 5-6 mph he needs to be effective

Will he be a much better option than Williams?at his current velocity there is little chance.

Everyone seems to forget how awful Wilson was last season. Here's a reminder

46.1IP
68H
40ER
17BB
7.77ERA
1.83WHIP

UK Reds Fan
05-04-2006, 11:38 AM
He was hurt in 2005, so to say 2005 is what to expect in 2006 is not what the prediction is set to be.

If we can get a neighborhood figure of what he did in 2003 and 2004 which was a 4.40 ERA then we'll be satisfied and much more productive than what we appear to be getting from Williams in the 5 hole of the rotation. Anything south of 5.00 ERA will be a much improvement than what Williams will throw out there.

flyer85
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
He was hurt in 2005, so to say 2005 is what to expect in 2006 is not what the prediction is set to be.We don't know that Wilson didn't tear the cuff and labrum in his last outing in 2005. All we do know is that the Reds knew he had a frayed labrum when they signed him.

dougdirt
05-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Well that was thanks to Carl Lindner from what I have heard flyer. Someone I know and trust well enough has spoken with Obrien about that and Lindner basically told Obrien he was signing Wilson and it wasnt his choice otherwise. Take it for what its worth, I wasnt there so I cant truly say it did happen. It is from a source I trust though.

Reds Fanatic
05-06-2006, 12:18 AM
For now they are halting Wilson's rehab due to arm fatigue.

PHOENIX -- Throughout his very lengthy rehabilitation from shoulder surgery, Reds pitcher Paul Wilson has avoided setting any timetables for his return to the Majors.
That's because Wilson was wary of potential setbacks like the one he's going through now. The Reds announced on Friday that the 33-year-old's Minor League rehab assignment has been halted because of arm fatigue.

Wilson was scheduled to make his third rehab start Sunday for Triple-A Louisville.

"We just decided to skip a start," general manager Wayne Krivsky said from Cincinnati. "Hopefully, that's all it is. It's a chance for him to back off and catch his breath. He's been going hard for a long time."

In his last start Tuesday for Louisville, Wilson threw 91 pitches in six innings against Columbus and allowed two earned runs on six hits. He hasn't pitched in the big leagues since having shoulder surgery in June to repair a torn rotator cuff and frayed labrum.

Wilson began a throwing program in January and continued through Spring Training. He endured a setback around the beginning of camp in February and needed to rest for about a week.

The Reds, which had no plans to schedule any tests on Wilson's shoulder, believe they are dealing with a similar situation now. The pitcher, who is on the 15-day disabled list, must be activated by May 27, since his rehab assignment can last no longer 30 days.

"He just needs to time to rest, nothing more," Krivsky said.

savafan
05-06-2006, 12:29 AM
He hasn't pitched in the big leagues since having shoulder surgery in June to repair a torn rotator cuff and frayed labrum.

I'm still blown away by the fact that DanO knew he had a frayed labrum when he signed him prior to last year. :bang:

KronoRed
05-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Still sticking with my prediction that he never pitches for the Reds again

dougdirt
05-06-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm still blown away by the fact that DanO knew he had a frayed labrum when he signed him prior to last year. :bang:
said it before and will say it again. Ive heard from a source I trust, who talked with Obrien, that Lindner told him he was signing Wilson and it wasnt up to him. Take it for what its worth. I was not there, so I didnt hear it. But like I said, its a source I trust.