PDA

View Full Version : It's Official. The Nationals have Owners

cumberlandreds
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
The Lerner Group is the big winner. An official announcement is set for 4:45 today. Stan Kasten is to be the President and JimBo is out on the streets very soon.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=398&sid=772915

smith288
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
What dont the Lerner's own?

Hap
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
JimBo is out on the streets very soon.

I heard GABP needs a new janitor.

Chip R
05-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Stan Kasten is to be the President and JimBo is out on the streets very soon.

Is that the word on the street or just your opinion?

I envy their choice of Stan Kasten for team president.

cumberlandreds
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Is that the word on the street or just your opinion?

I envy their choice of Stan Kasten for team president.

It's most everyone's belief that he will be gone very shortly after everything is settled down with the new ownership. Nearly every move he has made has blown up. I'm sure Kasten will want to bring in his own man to be the GM. Who that will be, I haven't heard.

Blimpie
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
It's most everyone's belief that he will be gone very shortly after everything is settled down with the new ownership. Nearly every move he has made has blown up. I'm sure Kasten will want to bring in his own man to be the GM. Who that will be, I haven't heard.I'm sure he still has John Shuerholtz in his little black book....

VR
05-03-2006, 02:43 PM
The Lerner Group is the big winner. An official announcement is set for 4:45 today. Stan Kasten is to be the President and JimBo is out on the streets very soon.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=398&sid=772915

Perhaps Jimbo could team with Marty in the booth?

RBA
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
It's most everyone's belief that he will be gone very shortly after everything is settled down with the new ownership. Nearly every move he has made has blown up. I'm sure Kasten will want to bring in his own man to be the GM. Who that will be, I haven't heard.

Who is "most everyone"?? Or is that your opinion that it is "most everyone's belief"

Sorry to be a butthead. But I heard, "Some people say" on talking head shows too many times.

cumberlandreds
05-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Who is "most everyone"?? Or is that your opinion that it is "most everyone's belief"

Sorry to be a butthead. But I heard, "Some people say" on talking head shows too many times.

It's the sportswriters and talking heads who say they have their sources. That's all I can go by and my own opinion. IMO Bowden has done nothing to deserve to be kept on as GM. Nearly every move from the beginning has been bad. From signing Castilla and Guzman last season, to the Soriano signing without finding out if he was willing to play LF, to signing Brian Lawrence without doing an MRI on his arm, it's been nearly a disaster.

max venable
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I heard GABP needs a new janitor.
No thanks. We prefer to hire janitors with out criminal records.

WVRed
05-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm sure he still has John Shuerholtz in his little black book....

I doubt he could pry Shuerholtz away from the Braves.

My guess is their new GM will come from the Braves, possibly Frank Wren or Drayton Moore.

registerthis
05-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Personally, I'm very happy, b/c our firm represents Mr. Lerner's development company in real estate and land use transactions. We're not doing the ballpark, unfortunately, but this is exciting news for us.

Anthony Williams wanted another group, however, and was very vocal about it. Wonder how that will play.

RBA
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Personally, I'm very happy, b/c our firm represents Mr. Lerner's development company in real estate and land use transactions. We're not doing the ballpark, unfortunately, but this is exciting news for us.

Anthony Williams wanted another group, however, and was very vocal about it. Wonder how that will play.

Looks like you will be in line for company tickets. First come, first serve after the bigshots turn them down?

Chip R
05-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't worry about JimBo. There's always ESPN.

KronoRed
05-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Maybe he can get a job on the best darn sports show period :D

Heath
05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
He can hang out and hit on Dana Jacobsen on Cold Pizza.

Chip R
05-03-2006, 03:49 PM
He can hang out and hit on Dana Jacobsen on Cold Pizza.

So, basically what he did before he got the gig in Washington? ;)

Blimpie
05-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I doubt he could pry Shuerholtz away from the Braves.

My guess is their new GM will come from the Braves, possibly Frank Wren or Drayton Moore.Yeah, I was being facetious. As much as Stan Kasten would love to have him, Shuerholz isn't going anywhere...Although, building a World Series champion for three different teams would have to be an enticing challenge for him...

Chip R
05-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I was being facetious. As much as Stan Kasten would love to have him, Shuerholz isn't going anywhere...Although, building a World Series champion for three different teams would have to be an enticing challenge for him...

Yeah, I think the challenge would be the only thing to get him to move. But he's no spring chicken anymore. If I were Kasten, there would be only one man I would hire.

:obrien:

red-in-la
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM

Have you listned to a Nationals TV broadcast? They seem to think Soriano was a GREAT move.

RBA
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
How about Frank Robinson for GM and Jim Bowden his aide? I.E. Coffee maker, bring in the newspaper, clean the GM's bathroom, etc.

registerthis
05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Looks like you will be in line for company tickets. First come, first serve after the bigshots turn them down?

Well, I am responsible for ticket distribution, hmmmmm. Front row seats for all reds games, perhaps?

:)

Heath
05-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, I am responsible for ticket distribution, hmmmmm. Front row seats for all reds games, perhaps?

:)

For some odd reason, the National games that I get are of the other team variety. I can only listen to Gerry Cohen so much.

KronoRed
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
What dont the Lerner's own?
This post? ;)

cumberlandreds
05-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Have you listned to a Nationals TV broadcast? They seem to think Soriano was a GREAT move.

Actually not very much. DISH doesn't carry MASN so the only Nats games I get are on channel 20 and they have very few games. It doesn't surprise me that they think it was considering who they are.