PDA

View Full Version : 5/5 Minor League Game Updates

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Louisville starts at 7:15
May is on the hill tonight for the Bats.

Chattanooga starts at 7:15
Starter TBA

Sarasota starts at 7:05
James Avery is on the mound for the Reds

Dayton starts at 7:05. Travis Wood is on the hill for the Dragons.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:09 PM
I am listening to the Dragons game and will try to give a decent PBP and I am following the box scores of the other games and will give updates of those after every half inning or inning.

Jay Bruce gets a 2 out single in the first, but the Dragons go quietly.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Update, the Bats game is currently being delayed by Rain according to the GAMEDAY on milb.com.

Wood throws a first pitch fastball for a strike. FB past a swinging leadoff hitter. Pop up to the CF BJ Szymanski.
Wood gets behind 2-0 to the second hitter and induces a groundout to the third baseman Eric Eymann who dove to make a good stop and throw.
Wood gets ahead 1-2 on the third batter of the inning. Throws a breaking ball for ball 2. Wood strikes him out to end the inning.

0-0 after 1 inning in Clinton.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Phil Dumatrait is the starter for Chattanooga, he of course is coming off that 7 inning shutout in which he struckout 10 batters. Let's see if he can put together another great start.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Eric Eymann gets ahead 3-0 on the Clinton pitcher Diaz. Diaz throws one right over the middle to make it 3-1 before Eymann hits one into CF for a single.
Habileto Hernandez steps to the plate with a runner on first. Hits a first pitch foul ball to go down 0-1. Hernandez hits into a fielders choice. 1 out.
Catcher Craig Tatum gets ahead in his count 3-0. Diaz is not happy about the call and stares in at the ump. Ball 4, Tatum to first and Hernandez to second.
Gerardo Cabrera now up to bat. Hit by the pitch and trots down to first. Bases loaded for #9 hitter Mike Dejesus.
Mike Dejesus singles up the middle and scores 2 runs.
Mike Griffin singles and Cabrera scores and Griffin and Dejesus advance to 2nd and 3rd on the throw home.
Paul Janish steps in and Diaz throws a wild pitch and Dejesus scores to make it 4-0 Dragons and Griffin advances to 3rd. Mike Griffin scores on a Paul Janish single.

Chattanooga: Phil Dumatrait is on the mound for the Lookouts.

Sarasota: James Avery is through 1 inning, allowed 2 hits, 0 runs and struck out 1. Drew Anderson gets a double in the first but is stranded and the Reds are tied at 0 after 1.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Jay Bruce steps to the plate after the coach goes out to check on his pitcher. Jay Bruce pulls a single into right field and is now 2-2 on the night and the Dragons have runners on the corners for BJ Szymanski, who is also the 9th batter of the inning.
Breaking ball catches the corner for strike one on BJ Szymanski. Curveball high and evens the count up 1-1. Ball 2 low, 2-1 count. Foul ball straight back to even the count up 2-2. BJ Szymanski line drive single to right and a run scores. Dragons has 7 hits, all singles tonight. That is his 17th RBI of the year.
Runners on first and second for Eric Eymann and the pitching coach comes out and takes Diaz out of the game after allowing 6 runs on 7 hits in 1.1 innings.
Dragons up 6-0 in the top of the second with runners still on base and just 1 out.

Chattanooga: Phil Dumatrait is through 1 inning. 1 walk, 0 hits, 0 strikeouts, 0 runs.

Sarasota: Avery is through 2 innings, 3 hits and a strikeout. 0 runs in a tie game.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Dumatrait threw a scoreless first inning. He retired the first two hitters on a flyout and groundout, walked the third hitter but he was erased on a caught stealing.

Drew Anderson on the Sarasota team is a guy to watch for. He is a switch hitting 2B who is hitting .310/.394/.575 in 87 atbats. He doubled in his first atbat tonight so those numbers are even better now. That gives him nine doubles, 3 triples, and three home runs and a 11 bb/15 k rate in now 88 atbats.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Clinton brings in a new pitcher, whose name I missed.
Bruce on second and Szymanski on first for Eric Eymann. Eymann gets ahead 2-0 on the new pitcher Jiminez. Ball 3 lands in the dirt. Eymann looks at strike one and two before flying out to the centerfielder. Bruce and Szymanski stay put. Eymann has both outs this inning. Hernandez now at bat for the Dragons. Hernandez grounds into a fielders choice.
Dragons up 6-0 after 1 1/2.

Sarasota is tied at 0 after 2 innings.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Travis Wood comes out to take the mound with lots of run support and a long wait.
The lefty Wood starts off with a strike to lead off the inning. Mayberry swings and misses at strike 2 change up. Fastball that blew by Mayberry for the strikeout.
Wood evens the count at 1-1 before giving up a single to right field for the first hit of the night for Clinton.
Ben Crabtree steps into the batters box and quickly goes down 0-2 to Travis Wood. Wood induces a popup to right field for out #2 of the inning.
Popup to Mike Griffin to end the inning.
Dragons up 6-0 after 2.

Chattanooga is up 1-0 after 1.

Sarasota is in a 0-0 tie after 2 1/2. James Avery has allowed 3 hits in 3 ip and struck out 1.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Jaun Jiminez takes the mound in the 3rd for Clinton against Craig Tatum. Tatum gets ahead early 2-1. Jiminez evens up the count 2-2 on a strike on the inside corner of the plate before hitting a chopper to the third baseman. Tatum beats out the throw on an off balance toss by the third baseman. Ruled a single by the scorer.
Gerardo Cabrera also gets ahead in the count, 2-0 before hitting a pop up to the first baseman. 1 out.
Dejesus steps in and hits a single to center and Tatum advances to second.
Mike Griffin comes up with 2 men on and grounds into a double play to end the inning and strand 2.
Dragons up 6-0 after 2 1/2.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Travis Wood steps back onto the mound in the 3rd and his first pitch is fouled off. After a breaking ball that missed, another pitch is fouled off. Wood throws FB and changeups that both miss before inducing a popup to Paul Janish on a changeup.
Travis Wood strikes out the #9 hitter on a curveball for his 3rd strikeout of the game.
Leadoff hitter steps in against Wood. Wood gets him to hit a soft flyout to the outfield to end the inning.
Still 6-0 Dragons.

Sarasota: Drew Anderson now has a double and triple and 2 RBI tonight. Cody Strait hit a home run for 2 RBI. Sarasota has 5 hits and 4 runs in the game tonight and is up 4-0.

Chattanooga: Phil Dumatrait just gave up a home run that tied the game at 1 in the second inning.

Louisville is still in a rain delay.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Dumatrait allowed a solo HR and two doubles in the 2nd inning. Also picked up a couple of strikeouts.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Paul Janish leads off the 4th with a Solo HR and the Dragons lead 7-0 in the 4th now. That is the first hit of the game that wasnt a single.
Jay Bruce steps in with a .292 batting average and pops out in foul territory.
Announcer talks about how there is a lot of foul territory in this stadium than most places.
BJ Szymanski steps up to the plate and hits a nubber that he is saying hit him, but the umpire disagrees and Szymanski is out.
Eric Eymann hits a screamer to third but its gloved and Eymann is out.
7-0 Dragons.

Chattanooga: Dumatrait is through 2 innings, allowed 3 hits and 3 runs, 2 earned.

Sarasota: James Avery is through 4 innings, he has allowed 4 hits and 0 walks and 0 runs. The Reds have 6 hits and 4 runs and lead it 4-0 in the 4th inning.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:12 PM
2-3-4 step in to lead off the inning against Travis Wood.
Wood leads off the inning with a strikeout. That is 4 on the night for Wood.
Wood falls down 2-0 on the #3 hitter in the lineup. Falls behind 3-0. Foul ball and a strike looking to bring a full count. Eric Eymann catches a foul ball to take care of the #3 hitter. 2 outs on the inning.
John Mayberry stands in and strikes out on 4 pitches. Wood is through 4 innings. 1 hit and 5 strikeouts.

Chattanooga: The Lookouts go quietly in the 2nd and are down 3-1 after 2 innings.

Sarasota: Has 7 hits and a 4-0 lead in the top of 5.

OBM thanks for the help.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Good start so far by Travis Wood. Nice to see him pitching well after an average outing last time out.

Dumatrait: 3 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K

James Avery now through 5 innings, with 3 hits allowed, no walks, and three strikeouts.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Hernandez pops out into shallow RF for the first out of the top of the 5th inning.
Craig Tatum steps in gets ahead 2-0 for I think the third time in three at bats before hitting a grounder through the infield for a single. That is the Dragons 11th hit. Wild pitch advances Tatum to second before Cabrera flies out to deep CF, Tatum did not advance.
Dejesus grounds out to third to end the inning.
Dragons up 7-0 through 4 1/2.

Louisville has been PPD due to rain.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Bottom of the 5th will bring 5-6-7 for Clinton against Travis Wood. Wood gets ahead 0-2 with a foul ball and a strike on the corner looking. Fastball outside and a breaking ball in the dirt to even the count at 2-2 before a hanging change up is smacked out of the park for a home run. 7-1 Dragons. Thon has both hits against Wood tonight.
Travis Wood comes back and strikes out Crabtree on 3 straight pitches including a change up for strike 3. Dragons announcer says Wood has the best change up in the league and maybe one of the best change ups you will see at any level.
Change up for the first pitch to the next batter who pops it up to third baseman Eric Eymann.
Wood throws a curveball that induces a popup to the second baseman.
Dragons up 7-1 after 5 innings.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Griffin, Janish and Bruce will come up in the 6th inning for the Dragons. Griffin pops up to the warning track down the RF line.
Janish jumps ahead 2-1 in the count before smacking a double down the line. Janish is just a triple shy of the cycle.
Jay Bruce also jumps ahead in his count 2-0 before fouling off two straight to even the count at 2-2. Bruce takes ball 3 inside, for the full count. The payoff pitch is ball 4 inside and Bruce walks. First and second for BJ Szymanski.
Szymanski steps in left handed and fouls the first pitch down the line into the stands. BJ strikesout, which is the first strikeout of a Dragons hitter all night.
Eric Eymann steps in with two on and falls down 1-2 before striking out looking on a curveball to end the inning.
Dragons up 7-1 through 5 1/2.

Chattanooga: Box score hasnt been updated in 20 minutes....

Sarasota: James Avery taken out after 5 innings of 4 hit, 3 strikeout and no run baseball.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Wood comes back out for the bottom of the 6th to face 9-1-2.
Wood walks his first batter of the game in the 6th to lead off the inning.
Travis throws a first pitch ball to the next batter. Next pitch is fouled off to even the count at 1-1 with a runner on first. Wood goes full before missing inside and walking the first two batters of the inning. Dragons bullpen is starting to move. Looks to be Zac Stott taking off the jacket to warm up as Wood gets a visit from the pitching coach.
Wood gets ahead 1-2 on the next batter with runners on first and second. And my internet feed died.

Chattanooga: Dumatrait is getting hit tonight, 6 hits, 6 runs, 5 earned in 4 innings. Chattanooga is down 6-1 in the 4th.

Sarasota: up 4-1 in the 6th inning.

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Mine Toooooo What Is Happening???????????????????

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I dont know but I am pretty bummed about it and the box score on milb.com isnt caught up with where I was 10 minutes ago.

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I know..... I wonder what happened???? I heard VanderWood say Woops.... or something like that and then that was it. I can't stand this........

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Dayton is up 7-2 currently. Travis Wood has allowed 2 hits in 5.1 as far as the box score shows.
Chattanooga is down 6-2 in the 6th.
Sarasota is up 5-1 in the 7th.

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Doug, you got any info yet????? i haven't got ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Aronchis
05-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Wood went 5.2 3h 4ER 2W 7K 2HR.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2006, 09:27 PM
That's what happens when you walk the No. 9 hitter. Hopefully he will learn his lesson.

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 09:28 PM
What inning are we in??????

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
It's back on....wooohoooo

Aronchis
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Wood ran into some bad luck tonight. I think Lecure and Avery stole all the karma lol;)

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
I still can't believe this...... T Wood was doing really good. Then one of the guys listening to the game with us changed seats..... :bang: No... I'm not superstitious... or it could of been the internet going out.... But... i think it was the walk.... 1st walk of the night.... i'm still can't believe it. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Well... it started out sooo good...

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Did Dayton really blow a 7-0 lead to lose 11-7? The answer is yes.

Luvsbaseball
05-05-2006, 10:20 PM
:bang: I'm in SHOCK......

Superdude
05-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Has Janish earned a AA promotion yet? Or does he swap with Rosales?

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 11:21 PM
He doesnt swap with Rosales I dont think. Rosales is still getting on base at a good clip, the hits just arent falling for him right now. Janish could see a jump to AA though.

rah-ri
05-05-2006, 11:35 PM
what the heck happened?? I could hear it on my car radio.....I thought the reception was bad. It was the bottom of the 6th and the score was 7-2. But I have no idea how that run score. He did walk one...but I don't know what happened. GRRRRRR.........

rah-ri
05-05-2006, 11:39 PM
THEY LOST???????/WTH!!!!:eek:

I thought it was inning 6. The last I heard was "Travis is the first one to get outta the fifth inning this year. (But I though that Zac did game 2) anyway...he said Paul Wilson pitched 7 innings and he thought he was gonna make it outta the sixth. Then ((((insert static here)))