PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Ryan Parker who wrote song for the Reds!!!

TeamBoone
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Did I just see you on the local news singing your song?

TeamCasey
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I think we just saw you on the news! It is you!

Awesome! Song sounds GREAT!

TeamBoone
05-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Actually, Ryan Parker, I now KNOW it's you!

Great job on the news! You're a star!

ryanparkersongs
05-11-2006, 11:16 PM
It was me on the news on Channel 12. They were nice enough to do a story on the "This One Belongs To The Reds" song. They even got Greg Rhodes from the Reds Hall of Fame to listen to the song. He seemed to like it pretty well and mentioned that they would play it on the video boards in the Hall of Fame from time to time. He even tried to get me in to play it for Bob Castellini, but I didn't get to. It was a very fun experience, though. Joe Webb from Channel 12 and Greg Rhodes from the Reds Hall of Fame were very nice.

If I may ask, how was the story? I live outside the Cincinnati TV market and I would love to get a copy of it. If anyone saw it and can tell me what they said, etc., I would greatly appreciate it! :-)

If anyone hasn't heard the song yet, check it out at:

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/thisonebelongstothereds.mp3

On another note...what a great comeback win tonight!!! I am so glad Griffey came through. It is good to have him back!

Red in Chicago
05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
congrats ryan...i really enjoy the song and find myself humming it at work every now and then...:thumbup:

BuckeyeRedleg
05-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Love your song, Ryan.

Goosebumps.

StillFunkyB
05-11-2006, 11:33 PM
It was me on the news on Channel 12. They were nice enough to do a story on the "This One Belongs To The Reds" song. They even got Greg Rhodes from the Reds Hall of Fame to listen to the song. He seemed to like it pretty well and mentioned that they would play it on the video boards in the Hall of Fame from time to time. He even tried to get me in to play it for Bob Castellini, but I didn't get to. It was a very fun experience, though. Joe Webb from Channel 12 and Greg Rhodes from the Reds Hall of Fame were very nice.

If I may ask, how was the story? I live outside the Cincinnati TV market and I would love to get a copy of it. If anyone saw it and can tell me what they said, etc., I would greatly appreciate it! :-)

If anyone hasn't heard the song yet, check it out at:

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/thisonebelongstothereds.mp3

On another note...what a great comeback win tonight!!! I am so glad Griffey came through. It is good to have him back!

Awesome Ryan!

I hope this song becomes the theme song to a magical season!

ghettochild
05-12-2006, 01:32 AM
as a fellow songwritter i really enjoyed it, i loved the part "if everyones healthy and we get some pitching" i just laughed, cause thats total redszone right there :laugh:

great stuff though, keep it up

marcshoe
05-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I heard you being interviewed (and singing) on WCHS radio in Charleston last week, too. Sounded good!

TeamCasey
05-12-2006, 10:38 AM
The story was great. You were on for quite awhile. I tried to find it on Ch. 12's website without much luck.

smith288
05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Holy CRAP! What a great song. Not lame like that Bengals "we are the tigers" crap. This is quality stuff!

TOBTTReds
05-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I like the new song written about April.

"Richie Aurilia and Hatteberg, they each take turns........at sharing the glory" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/songs/cincinnatiisabaseballtown.mp3

TeamMorris
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I saw it also and it was really good!! Hard to give you a play by play because a lot was said.

If you were to contact them and request a copy of the segment I am pretty sure they would send one to you. Here is the link to there website http://www.wkrc.com/

Great job!!!!:thumbup:

TeamMorris
05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Any luck getting a copy?

ryanparkersongs
05-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes....in fact. WKRC sent me a copy of the story on VHS. I just received it today. Their reporter, Joe Webb, did a great job. I hope a lot more people got the chance to hear the song.

ryanparkersongs
05-23-2006, 06:00 PM
I just got word from the Reds this weekend that I am going to play the "This One Belongs To The Reds" song at the Hall of Fame Induction banquet on July 16th. They also said they are going to create a video to go with the song. I cannot wait to see that. It should be really good with all of the moments and players mentioned in the song. Anyhow, I know several of you had emailed me asking if I had heard from anyone with the Reds about the song...so I just wanted to let you all know that I did!

reds44
05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I just got word from the Reds this weekend that I am going to play the "This One Belongs To The Reds" song at the Hall of Fame Induction banquet on July 16th. They also said they are going to create a video to go with the song. I cannot wait to see that. It should be really good with all of the moments and players mentioned in the song. Anyhow, I know several of you had emailed me asking if I had heard from anyone with the Reds about the song...so I just wanted to let you all know that I did!
:beerme:

Awesome man!

BuckWoody
05-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Great news, Ryan. Congratulations! :thumbup:

I heard your latest Bengals song today too...top notch.

guttle11
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
That's awesome, Ryan. Well deserved. A truly great song for Reds fans.

TeamBoone
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow! That's a pretty big honor.

You're becoming a star!

griffeyfreak4
05-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I just heard it for the first time, and all I have to say is :thumbup:

Great Job! :beerme: