PDA

View Full Version : SC leads off with.........Cincy!

fisch11
05-11-2006, 11:12 PM
We are on the national map now, thanks to Jr. Sox/Yanks or Bonds don't lead it! Wow, it feels great to be a Reds fan.

vaticanplum
05-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Matsui's streak was broken tonight too, along with his wrist...:cry: Notable news in my opinion.

Mario-Rijo
05-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Matsui's streak was broken tonight too, along with his wrist... Notable news in my opinion.

OMG did you see his wrist/hand/glove dangling as he scuffled back to the ball good freaking lord! That was one of the worst breaks I have ever seen!

vaticanplum
05-11-2006, 11:20 PM
OMG did you see his wrist/hand/glove dangling as he scuffled back to the ball good freaking lord! That was one of the worst breaks I have ever seen!

Fortunately I didn't. Yanks with both Sheffield and Matsui DLed...tough, very tough.

RedsMan3203
05-11-2006, 11:21 PM
And QUE the JR/Kearns talk to New York... right about NOW.

KronoRed
05-11-2006, 11:22 PM
And QUE the JR/Kearns talk to New York... right about NOW.
Nice call :laugh:

Mario-Rijo
05-11-2006, 11:23 PM
And then they show the Aaron Rowand catch which was an excellent catch. But then he does a face plant squarely against the screen/wall. All bloodied up. Wow what a night of baseball!

vaticanplum
05-11-2006, 11:24 PM
when the guts start flying, I kind of want cable.

StillFunkyB
05-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I just don't have the energy to post my feelings on ESPN.

The only thing I can muster is that they make me sick.

LoganBuck
05-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Olney added in a later segment that the Yanks will target Stewart/Hunter and maybe a Cincinnati Outfielder after deciding Melky Cabrera stinks after 48 hours of play. Great Idea, I am sure Krivsky and Castellini will bend over backward to help them:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vaticanplum
05-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Regardless of how you may feel about the Yankees, this injury to Matsui is very, very sad. He suffered a horrible broken wrist on a diving catch and will require surgery and presumably a long stint on the DL, and because he didn't play the whole top half of the first (and because, you know, he broke his wrist and will need surgery), he broke his consecutive games-played streak. It stood at 1,768 games, no breaks, between Japan and the Yankees and thus involving an adjustment to a new country, language, position (he played center field in Japan), etc. I believe he had the longest streak of any current player in numbers, though MLB does not recognize the games played in Japan.

Viva Godzilla!

TeamBoone
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I thought I heard them say this his hitting streak would be maintained. If not, that's a tough way to lose it. I hate it when any player gets hurt. This could affect his future.

Rowand has a broken nose and will have surgery tomorrow. Man did he hit that fence hard!

Griffey's catch was #2 on SC best plays; the walk-off was #1.

Anyway, I must say I was astounded when ESPN broke into the NY/Boston game to show Griffey's walk-off homer... and then, they even commented on his great catch.

Will miracles never cease!

NOTE: I only watch SC and/or BBTN if the Reds do really really well or do something spectacular (like tonight). More often than not, I'm disappointed, but I still check it out and then usually switch the channel grumbling.

vaticanplum
05-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I thought I heard them say this his hitting streak would be maintained. If not, that's a tough way to lose it. I hate it when any player gets hurt. This could affect his future.

A hitting streak may be, but the 1,768 games refers to his consecutive games played streak. That broke tonight, as a player must get in a full half-inning to qualify. Matsui went down in the first. And he'll be missing a reported three months :cry:

OldRightHander
05-12-2006, 12:15 AM

I just saw that replay. I know I'm not a Yankee fan, but that is still a shame to see anyone hurt that way. I have a lot of respect for him as a ballplayer. I wish him a speedy recovery.

TeamBoone
05-12-2006, 12:20 AM
OK, I'm ticked! After the game recap (and a very brief recap at that).... Boomer says "And they move a game ahead of the Cardinals in the NL Central".

How long have the Reds been in first place anyway? God!

UPDATE: "The last time they won a game when they were down by three runs was in 1974 (I think that's the year they said) when Johnny Bench hit a walk-off homerun".

Can that possibly be true?

vaticanplum
05-12-2006, 12:25 AM
UPDATE: "The last time they won a game when they were down by three runs was in 1974 (I think that's the year they said) when Johnny Bench hit a walk-off homerun".

Can that possibly be true?

They must mean in extra innings. I'd buy that...otherwise they're silly.

OldRightHander
05-12-2006, 12:26 AM
They must mean in extra innings. I'd buy that...otherwise they're silly.

He did say "extra innings."

TeamBoone
05-12-2006, 12:31 AM
He did say "extra innings."

I need a hearing aide... sorry. Much ado about nothing.

UPDATE re Rowand: He had requested padding for that fence. It has been received and is awaiting installation. How ironic is that?

vaticanplum
05-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Poor Rowand.

He borders on pretty too. I hope his nose survives ok.

Highlifeman21
05-12-2006, 10:05 AM

Rowand has a broken nose and will have surgery tomorrow. Man did he hit that fence hard!

Griffey's catch was #2 on SC best plays; the walk-off was #1.

Anyway, I must say I was astounded when ESPN broke into the NY/Boston game to show Griffey's walk-off homer... and then, they even commented on his great catch.
Will miracles never cease!

NOTE: I only watch SC and/or BBTN if the Reds do really really well or do something spectacular (like tonight). More often than not, I'm disappointed, but I still check it out and then usually switch the channel grumbling.

Denorfia or Freel would have been camped under that ball, no dive necessary.

On a sidenote, at least KGJ was the feel good story of the night last night returning from the DL. Hopefully the offense hits a new gear with him in the lineup.

RedsMan3203
05-12-2006, 10:40 AM

Crazy - Cuz I saw a looping line drive... Can you really camp under a ball that isnt' really isn't all that much in the air and slicing away from you?

TeamBoone
05-12-2006, 04:31 PM

Are you saying he pulled a Jim Edmonds by hotdogging or that his range stinks? FWIW, I agree with RedsMan.

I don't know why I even asked that question.