PDA

View Full Version : Minor League rain delays?

CTA513
05-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Do they work they same as major league rain delays? do you get the win if your teams winning after 5 innings?

Just wondering because Dayton & Wisconsin are playing right now and Daytons up 6-0 after 5 innings and the game has been delayed because of rain.

Cueto is pitching good in the game: 5 IP, 0 Hits, O R, 2 BB, 8 K

CTA513
05-13-2006, 11:49 PM
The box scores have been updated and it says the game is completed.
So I guess Cueto gets a 5 Inning complete game no hitter?

Final line: 5 IP, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 2 BB, 8 K

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2006_05_13_dayafx_wisafx_2

Scrap Irony
05-14-2006, 01:57 AM
If so, great to see. Love Cueto's year so far. 34 IP with only 22 hits and six BBs. Great, great WHIP. His BABIP has to be through the roof, considering those numbers and the 3.55 ERA. 45 K's in 34 IP, too. Phenomenal numbers for the short run.

Aronchis
05-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Cueto throws 92-95 with a mid-70's changeup. Given his size, I figure a move to the bullpen is most likely due at some point.

KittyDuran
05-14-2006, 06:53 AM
That Dayton game was a make up of a postponed game. It was the 2nd game of a doubleheader in which each game is 7 innings.

OnBaseMachine
05-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Cueto throws 92-95 with a mid-70's changeup. Given his size, I figure a move to the bullpen is most likely due at some point.

He also has a very good third pitch. Also, he is right around the size of Pedro, Oswalt, Maddux...They should keep him as a starter as long as they can, IMO.

OnBaseMachine
05-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Cueto, Mother Nature no-hit Rattlers
Dayton's first no-hitter delivered in rain-shortened doubleheader nightcap
By Carl Dispoto / Special to MLB.com

Johnny Cueto tossed the first no-hitter in Dragons history as Dayton beat host Wisconsin, 6-0, to split Saturday's doubleheader.

Cueto (3-1) walked two and struck out eight over five innings in a game shortened by rain. He retired the first nine batters before giving up a leadoff walk in the fourth.

The Dominican right-hander escaped trouble in the fifth. After Mike Saunders opened the inning with a walk, Eddy Hernandez hit a grounder back to the mound and Cueto made a wild throw to second base to put runners on first and second. He struck out the next three batters before the tarp was put over the field. The game was called 30 minutes later.

"I was upset that it was pouring at the bottom of the fifth," Cueto said. "I was cold but I was determined not to lose the game."

Dayton jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second against starter Ruben Flores (0-2) on an error and a bases-loaded walk. Mike Griffin belted a three-run homer off reliever Rollie Gibson in the fourth as the Dragons (18-17) won for the ninth time in 14 games.

Wisconsin (15-20) was no-hit for the second time in team history. Burlington's Dustin Hughes and Jake Mullis combined for the feat on April 12, 2004.

The Timber Rattlers, who posted nine runs on 10 hits in the opener, lost for the fourth time in six contests.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060514&content_id=70751&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Superdude
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Cueto throws 92-95 with a mid-70's changeup. Given his size, I figure a move to the bullpen is most likely due at some point

I can see that philosophy with Medlock, who has supposedly average stuff, but Cueto's raw stuff is too good to plan out a future in the pen when he's only 20. When he's 24, we'll talk.

UGADaddy
05-14-2006, 10:57 PM
why does height matter?

TOBTTReds
05-15-2006, 12:01 AM
why does height matter?

It might not for him, but it is a dissadvantage. But usually, about 90% of the time, it does. The shorter you are, the more of a "level plane" you throw on. A 6'8" pitcher has an advantage bc the hitter has to track the ball from higher up in the air and it comes downward to you. Where as a shorter pitcher, will always start his pitch about 5' off the ground.

Just look at the size of pitchers.

Here are some shorties:
Ryan Wagner
Roy Oswalt
---------
John Reidling
Ramon Ortiz

Sure there are many others, these are just off the top of my head.

CTA513
05-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Just look at the size of pitchers.

Here are some shorties:
Ryan Wagner
Roy Oswalt
---------
John Reidling
Ramon Ortiz

Sure there are many others, these are just off the top of my head.

Are you thinking of Billy Wagner? hes listed at 5-11, Ryan Wagner is 6-4.

tbball10
05-15-2006, 09:02 AM
if they can pitch height dosen't matter. you don't move somebody to the bullpen just because they are under 6 feet tall.

dougdirt
05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
if they can pitch height dosen't matter. you don't move somebody to the bullpen just because they are under 6 feet tall.

Tell that to Calvin Medlock....