PDA

View Full Version : Aurilia missed in offense.

Wheelhouse
05-14-2006, 02:29 AM
Reds have scored an avg. of 3.57 runs per game in his absence. Do you think Rich not being in the lineup is a factor in this? I do. They haven't faced better pitching, and it's not Griffey missing because they did quite well early in JRs absence, the ballparks have been hitter friendly or neutral. I think Aurilia was starting and continuing rallies where the present cast is making outs.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Maybe as a PH but his replacement in the lineup (the Hat) has been doing an adequate job.

Larry Schuler
05-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Aurillia always seemed to get the big hits when everyone else was caught asleep out there. I definitely think we miss him.

Guacarock
05-14-2006, 04:15 AM
Yes, we're missing the Lug. He might not have endeared himself to the Redszone faithful last season, but even his biggest detractors will have to admit -- he not only has provided veteran leadership this year, he's actually performed in the clutch.

GAC
05-14-2006, 06:52 AM
As much as I like RA.... I don't think he's that good, nor the sole reason our run production has dropped like it has. That's giving him way too much credit.

And Hat has been doing a good job.

We'll be getting RA (and maybe Milton) back in the next in next 7-10 days, so we'll see. ;)

GridironGrace
05-14-2006, 07:16 AM
whether you wanna admit it or not Aurilia is a SOLID hitter, and his presence in a lineup is needed time to time.

protect other hitters and not to mention if givin the oppurtunity he could hurt u with a clutch hit as well.

Face it he's been protection for alot of good hitters in MLB lol and he knows what he's doing at the plate. We miss him mostly when we see a LHP.

However its times like these were u have had 7 hits in 2 days that make u start looking at this problem even more.. aurilia being gone aint the reason we aint hitting :(

Alot has to do with we have a few batters that are in slumps.. not to mention tired and worn out from not getting rested :(

Its ok and offense like this wont be held down long.

Spring~Fields
05-14-2006, 07:39 AM
They just need to run into some pitchers with an ERA of 4.70 or higher or some pitchers that are having a bad night and their bats will come alive, they routinely struggle when they are not facing AAAA level pitching or worse. ;)

Raisor
05-14-2006, 07:55 AM
The biggest drains on the offense in May so far have been Phillips, Freel, and The Hatt (each with an OPS under 650, Phillips and Freel are both under 500).

A 3rd of the lineup OPSing that low is going to hurt bad. Add in the catching trio all under 650 also, and its actually 4.

GAC
05-14-2006, 09:23 AM
The biggest drains on the offense in May so far have been Phillips, Freel, and The Hatt (each with an OPS under 650, Phillips and Freel are both under 500).

So scrappy doesn't count huh?

But you are right Phil.

GAB has been kind to Ryan. But away - he stinks.

I just read where he has a strained groin now.

captainmorgan07
05-14-2006, 11:18 AM
we do miss rich in some parts of the game he does come up with clutch hits but as stated before hatte is doing a decent job in replacing him i think rich ic alil better defensively though and more versatile

RFS62
05-14-2006, 11:39 AM
So scrappy doesn't count huh?

But you are right Phil.

I just read where he has a strained groin now.

I think he's not as scrapitude efficient as he was earlier.

He should get that checked.

westofyou
05-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I think he's not as scrapitude efficient as he was earlier.

He should get that checked.
The man has a power outage issue.

Aurilia would have been a good fit in the Hamel game.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 03:52 PM

That applies to a few reds.

REDJAKE
05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I know most posters don't like the guy but i have always been a supporter of his, he gets the job done one way or the other we do need him if we are going to get in the playoffs.GO CINCY!!!!!

Matt700wlw
05-14-2006, 04:20 PM
He's a veteran who knows how to win. :)

In all seriousness, his bat would help right about now...

reds44
05-14-2006, 08:58 PM
This team is missing the 1-2 combo of Ryan Freel and Felipe Lopez. We need a good leadoff guy. I don't think Ryan Freel is it.

griffeyfreak4
05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
This team is missing the 1-2 combo of Ryan Freel and Felipe Lopez. We need a good leadoff guy. I don't think Ryan Freel is it.
The team misses him but he's not the answer? :confused:

reds44
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
The team misses him but he's not the answer? :confused:
Yes because he won't be able to put up good numbers at the leadoff spot consistantly.

This team misses what he did at the beginning of the year, not the player himself.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
They miss his high OBP.

Leadoff hitters are hard to find, at least ones who actually get on base, ones that can steal bases but not 1st are easy to locate ;)

GAC
05-14-2006, 09:05 PM
That applies to a few reds.

Yeah, but it was used as a HUGE knock on why Aurilia shouldn't be in the lineup - he can't produce away. Remember? ;)