PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Gods...

oneupper
05-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Oh powerful baseball gods…this humble Cincinnati Reds Fan implores your mercy. Your wrath has fallen upon our team over the last few evenings, weakening our warriors and having them succumb to their foe’s blows.

Painful it has been to see our once invincible sluggers whiff at the air or dribble soft rollers to the opposing side’s glove-bearers. Especially at a time when our much maligned rock throwers have been surprisingly effective in their endeavors.

What have we done to invoke your fury?

Perhaps we have failed to pay you the homage and respect you deserve. I believe it was last Thursday when a bold strike from our oft-ailing returning soldier GRIFFEY THE YOUNGER turned a well-deserved defeat into a surprising victory. Such an event could only have been a GIFT from the Baseball Gods. We should have honored you. Instead warriors and onlookers alike proclaimed it of our own doing. Our arrogance was our undoing.

Please forgive us, we pledge to:

Offer our reverence to the Baseball Gods and the game, with its inevitable ups and downs.
Respect the enemy, in particular the apparently weak, since they have little to lose and partisans who have suffered more than we.
Support the team that has been given to us by Lord Krivsky, in sickness and in health, till trades or DFA’s do us part.

As a sacrifice to the Baseball Gods, I will refrain from watching tonight’s game and only read about the results when the next sun arises. We hope the baseball gods accept this and other offerings and placate their fury.

Oneupper
your most humble worshipper

smith288
05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
God sometimes gives even the most blessed a trial by fire.

Baseballs gods are giving our beloved Reds a trial. Remain strong and keep the faith!

Tommyjohn25
05-17-2006, 10:11 AM
God sometimes gives even the most blessed a trial by fire.

Baseballs gods are giving our beloved Reds a trial. Remain strong and keep the faith!

Totally agree, even the best teams go through times like this. I have a gut feeling that they get back on track today.

redsmetz
05-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Perhaps we have failed to pay you the homage and respect you deserve. I believe it was last Thursday when a bold strike from our oft-ailing returning soldier GRIFFEY THE YOUNGER turned a well-deserved defeat into a surprising victory. Such an event could only have been a GIFT from the Baseball Gods. We should have honored you. Instead warriors and onlookers alike proclaimed it of our own doing. Our arrogance was our undoing.

Where is Pedro Borbon the Elder and his dang chicken when you need him?

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/p-jokes/fav/rubber-chicken.jpg

Note: No animals were hurt in this post.

ryanparkersongs
05-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Awesome post, oneupper! I hope the plea works and we can get back on track tonight!

griffeyfreak4
05-17-2006, 06:53 PM
:clap:

oneupper
05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Thank you, powerful deities for the 9-8 comeback win versus the patched-eyes, parrot-taming marauders.

We owe this GIFT to you!

reds44
05-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Before the season we all would have taken 24-17.

Take this win, send Dave Williams to AAA, and build on what you have going.

Topcat
05-19-2006, 05:23 AM
My Reds jersey got washed finally after 6 days in the Laudry might that help :D