PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Detroit!

Heath
05-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Who's heading up??

Caveat Emperor
05-18-2006, 06:27 PM
I'll be there for at least 2 of the 3 games.

I've never been to the Tigers new park -- now seems like a perfect opportunity!

deltachi8
05-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Arriving Saturday around 1 pm - Staying in WIndsor and wathcing the Sabres game then heading across the bridge for Saturday's game. Depending on ho wlong the drive is (from Buffalo) we may stick around for Sunday's tilt as well.

LawFive
05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I had been considering a trip up, but the forcast is for rain at least some of the weekend. Didn't want to drive 5 hours for a rainout.

kbrake
05-18-2006, 10:50 PM
My girlfriend and I will be there on Saturday.

edabbs44
05-18-2006, 10:53 PM
I wish, but I'll be in Cincy next weekend. Sched has Harang and Arroyo for my games....does it get any better?

redsfanfalcon
05-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Be there Sunday! The Tigers are hot, unbelievably the best record in baseball. Hopefully we can get the bats going!

KittyDuran
05-19-2006, 08:19 AM
I had been considering a trip up, but the forcast is for rain at least some of the weekend. Didn't want to drive 5 hours for a rainout.Same here - waiting to see about Sunday.

DJF33
05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Looks like I'll be heading-up with wife and son for the Saturday night game and the Sunday game. I have never been to the park either, and it seemed like a good time to go.
Luckily my wife went to college just north of Detroit and still has several friends in the area. That made it easier. "So honey, would you like to go visit your friends this weekend? Oh, and look, the Reds are playing there this weekend too. We should go to a game or two."

kbrake
05-19-2006, 08:27 AM
If anyone is anywhere behind the Reds dugout along the first base line let out a Redszone holla and see if I look. Although I guess if you just go crazy and start screaming Redszone everyone would be looking.

DJF33
05-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Same here - waiting to see about Sunday.

I'm a little concerned about Saturday night, but wouldn't they just play 2 on Sunday if Saturday night was rained out?

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 66. Northwest wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers. Increasing clouds, with a low near 47. West wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 59. Northwest wind around 15 mph.

cincy09
05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll be behind the reds dugout friday night

Caveat Emperor
05-20-2006, 12:28 AM
I'd never been to Comerica Park before tonight -- and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. The actual physical plant of the stadium is very nicely done, save for a bit of overkill on the "Tiger" motiff; the giant 30 foot tiger statute out front is cool, but do we really need stone "tiger heads" spaced every 10 feet on the outside facade?

Inside, the park is fantastic. Tons of room to walk around and tons of variety in the things to do. There were entire food courts, restaraunts and bars inside the stadium, amusement-park type rides, and games. A much greater variety than you seem to find at GABP.

Our seats out in left field were nice, but the bullpen locations (right behind the fence) puts an artificial 15-20 feet of seperation between you and the field, which I wasn't a huge fan of. If I go back tomorrow night, I'm going to try and get some seats down the line instead to get a different vantage point. Also, a minor annoyance: there was no place that displayed current pitch counts for the starters -- there was a gun reading under the scoreboard, but it only flashed pitch counts at random intervals.

All in all, great experience. If you get the chance, I think Detroit is worth the drive to see a game.

kyred14
05-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I'd never been to Comerica Park before tonight -- and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. The actual physical plant of the stadium is very nicely done, save for a bit of overkill on the "Tiger" motiff; the giant 30 foot tiger statute out front is cool, but do we really need stone "tiger heads" spaced every 10 feet on the outside facade?

Inside, the park is fantastic. Tons of room to walk around and tons of variety in the things to do. There were entire food courts, restaraunts and bars inside the stadium, amusement-park type rides, and games. A much greater variety than you seem to find at GABP.

Our seats out in left field were nice, but the bullpen locations (right behind the fence) puts an artificial 15-20 feet of seperation between you and the field, which I wasn't a huge fan of. If I go back tomorrow night, I'm going to try and get some seats down the line instead to get a different vantage point. Also, a minor annoyance: there was no place that displayed current pitch counts for the starters -- there was a gun reading under the scoreboard, but it only flashed pitch counts at random intervals.

All in all, great experience. If you get the chance, I think Detroit is worth the drive to see a game.

From what I saw on TV, it looked like at least 20% of those in attendance were Reds fans. Was that the case, or do I need a new TV?

Caveat Emperor
05-20-2006, 01:16 AM
From what I saw on TV, it looked like at least 20% of those in attendance were Reds fans. Was that the case, or do I need a new TV?

I was surprised at the number of Reds fans -- there were at least a dozen more besides myself in the section I was sitting in. However, I wouldn't put the number at 20%. A lot of people were at the game wearing Pistons gear (primary colors: Red, White and Blue) which could deceive the eyes a bit, as well as anyone still in mourning over the Red Wings loss recently.

Best moment of the night was when everyone with a cell phone or radio simultaneously realized that the Pistons had just beaten the Cavs and a cheer erupted in the stadium. It was funny watching just how many people were sitting and staring at little 2" screens getting score updates from ESPN.com.

Cedric
05-20-2006, 03:01 AM
I was in left field also. Very good stadium and decent crowd. Their fans didn't seem into this game much or the team.

kbrake
05-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Getting ready to leave from the Lima area here in a few hours and never been to Comerica. Any advice on parking, or any other general advice about the area concerning a game?

Cedric
05-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Park literally right across from the main entrance. Right by state theatre, there are a ton of on street parking that is free on weekend and even last night. Chelis bar is pretty awesome if you get time, that is almost attached to Comerica.

kbrake
05-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Hopefully I run into some of you at the game, though we have never met so you wont know what I look like. Just an FYI I will be wearing a Reds hat. :)

Caveat Emperor
05-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Hopefully I run into some of you at the game, though we have never met so you wont know what I look like. Just an FYI I will be wearing a Reds hat. :)

Ha, well if you see a loud gentleman wearing a Sarasota Reds hat (or possibly an Aaron Boone jersey), definately give a wave. I'm going back again tonight.

Falls City Beer
05-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I think those that go to this game will see the Reds destroy Maroth tonight. He's due for a profound ass-whuppin' from a team like the Reds with that lame K rate and K/BB rate. Maroth is riding on good feelings alone--all of his numbers suggest he's due for a drubbing.

The question is: will Milton give it all back? Should be a ton of offensive fireworks tonight.

kbrake
05-20-2006, 01:49 PM
If I could just scream Redszone without my girlfriend getting embarrased and angry I would. Maybe I will tell her I am going to the restroom and just walk around and scream a little bit.

Heath
05-20-2006, 02:04 PM
If I could just scream Redszone without my girlfriend getting embarrased and angry I would. Maybe I will tell her I am going to the restroom and just walk around and scream a little bit.

Too bad we don't have team t-shirts..... :D

bucksfan
05-20-2006, 04:38 PM
spur of the moment thing - heading up for today's game (Sat) right now!!!!