PDA

View Full Version : It's a little early but...

Wheelhouse
05-21-2006, 11:55 PM
The Reds are in 1st for the Wildcard--just groping for positives after watching the last two poor performances.

GridironGrace
05-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Here's a possitive.

We have 9 Games left.. if we win 7 we win 15 this month.

15 a month is 90 Wins, we had 17 in April and 8 in may so far WITH A SLUMP.

so win 5 of next 7 we are still at 30 wins and still AVG 15 Wins a Month.

90 WINS!!!!!

redsmetz
05-22-2006, 08:24 AM
The Reds are in 1st for the Wildcard--just groping for positives after watching the last two poor performances.

I wouldn't charecterize the last two games in their totality as poor performances. I think there were elements that were poor, whether it was the complete defensive breakdown in the 10th inning of Saturday's game or the complete lack of timely hitting in Sunday's game.

There were some plusses that continue to give me some hope for the season (I think we can all agree that this team is performing above expectations as it is).

Griffey's timely Grand Slam put us up coming back from a 5-1 hold (and I didn't hear enough of the game to actually hear how Milton performed - I'm assuming by the hole we were in that he was not at top form).

His throwing error notwithstanding, Harrang's very good performance. He pitched nearly 8 innings and gave up only one run and I haven't checked the boxscore to see if that was earned. There is no question that if Harrang and Arroyo continue to perform as they have, we're not in a bad place.

Just a couple of thoughts on this Monday morning.