PDA

View Full Version : Went to KC for the Royals/Cardinals Series Last Weekend

Boston Red
05-24-2006, 01:27 AM
And it would make my physically ill to be a fan of the Royals. That is without a doubt the worst baseball team I have EVER seen. They make up for their terrible pitching and atrocious defense with putrid hitting and baserunning. And the worst part for Royals fans (both of them): their lineup is littered with veterans. They have Reggie Sanders, Matt Stairs, Doug Mientkiewicz, Mark Grudzielanek, Tony Graffanino and Paul Bako as everyday (well, Bako isn't every day) players, with Mark Sweeney joining that list when he comes off the DL. So this isn't a team with a youth movement going on (at least the Marlins have some young talent that will be developing).

So when the Royals come visiting in June, prepare to see some awful, awful baseball. And we should all be very disappointed if the Reds can't sweep this outfit. Hell, the Bats should probably be able to take two of three.

On the only positive note for Royals fans, Kaufman Stadium is a great place to watch a game. Great sightlines, and the fountains in the outfield are a very nice touch. Hard to believe that it was built in the "cookie cutter" era. KC was ahead of its time there.

oneupper
05-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Royals on pace to break the record for losses in a season.
I really like their chances.

IslandRed
05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
I can't figure out how Baird hasn't been fired yet. Everyone knows he will be, but I guess Glass will let him blow one more draft first.

Mario-Rijo
05-24-2006, 05:41 PM
On the only positive note for Royals fans, Kaufman Stadium is a great place to watch a game. Great sightlines, and the fountains in the outfield are a very nice touch. Hard to believe that it was built in the "cookie cutter" era. KC was ahead of its time there.

I always did like Kaufman stadium with the waterfalls and all. Whenever I play MLB '06 HR Derby it is one of the places I like to play, also Fenway (My favorite), The BP @ Arlington, Jacobs Field and Tigers Stadium. In The NL I like Dodger stadium & PacBell.