PDA

View Full Version : Four games out at Memorial Day

BUTLER REDSFAN
05-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Your hear a lot of the pundits out there saying things like if this team is in it at Memorial Day......Ok now what....leave as it is?? make some trades?? where do we go from here?

Ltlabner
05-28-2006, 08:46 PM
First let me say that I think that other than the difficulties of May this is a great start of 2006 for the Reds. We are less than 6 months away from the plague that is DanO and look at all the changes BC and The Kriv have been able to acomplish. For a team that was predicted to be a total mess I think we are looking pretty good thus far.

That said, there are obvious weaknesses. The BP and some of the starting pitching comes to mind. Milton? If he can duplicate starts 1,2 and 4 he'll be productive until he can be traded. Claussen, can he find himself and progress beyond a decent/mediocre pitcher with re-ocurring control issues. The BP problems are clear.

I've been predicting that the Kriv will make more moves for several weeks now. I wish he'd get on with it as he is making me look bad. I think we'll see moves soon for more pitching help. Possible trade chits on the big team include LaRue, Freel, McCrackin, Hattiburg and Aurlia. It depends on the trade as to who should be moved.

The focus should remain pitching. While they've been doing well I just don't think they have the horsepower to go all season and cary the team. Work out a solution for Milton. Bring in some long releife help.

I would like us pick two of the three catchers. I think LaRue could bring the most in return (imediate help, not just prospects) but would be comfortable with whoever they pick to move as all three bring different things to the table.

Lastly, and of far lessor importance, I'd like to see them work out a long term solution at first. Move EE over and get a different 3B? Bring a solid, established 1B to town in a trade. Bring up a minor leagurer (to be honest, don't know who that would be)?

TeamBoone
05-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Don't move EE anywhere. He IS the 3rd baseman of the future... besides, it's easier to obtain a decent 1B than a decent 3B. Ed E is very very new... he'll only get better and his range is really good, right now.

George Foster
05-28-2006, 11:24 PM
We have no chance to catch the Cards except for a major injury to Pulos(sp?), which I hope does not happen. They will win 100 games. We do have a very good chance to be in the hunt for the wildcard.

With that being said the Astros started out 15-30 last year and won the wildcard.

nick311reds
05-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, but the stros dont have clemens they wont win as many this year

TeamBoone
05-29-2006, 12:40 AM
We have no chance to catch the Cards except for a major injury to Pulos(sp?), which I hope does not happen. They will win 100 games. We do have a very good chance to be in the hunt for the wildcard.

I couldn't disagree more.

The Cards have actually been struggling; winning AND losing games by close margins. They have lost 10 games so far this month... including four in a row the first week against Cincinnati and Houston.

reds44
05-29-2006, 12:42 AM
The Cards just took a big hit with Carpenter going to the DL. Outside of Pujols that lineup is average at best. Izzy has been pretyt bad this year. The Cards are very beatable.

Jr's Boy
05-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Plus the Stro's may be without Berkman as well.(He's on my fantasy team too):

GAC
05-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Being only 4 games out, after the way we have been playing the last 3-4 weeks is kinda comforting (in a perverse sort of way).

I want to see what adjustments this team makes.... and also wait until the weather really starts heating up.

Redhook
05-29-2006, 10:24 AM
More importantly than being 4 behind the Cards, we're tied for 1st in the Wild Card with the Dodgers. That's our best chance of making the playoffs.