PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

Reds4Life
05-28-2006, 11:25 PM
For those that want to check in, Wayne Krivsky will be on SOAS with Popo at 11:35 on Ch 9. Sounds like he'll be on for the full hour.

harangatang
05-28-2006, 11:30 PM
For those that want to check in, Wayne Krivsky will be on SOAS with Popo at 11:35 on Ch 9. Sounds like he'll be on for the full hour.Wish I was in Cincy to hear that, oh well.

M2
05-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Prett cool the Kriv is willing to go on late night radio for an hour to talk about service-oriented architecture.

reds44
05-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Prett cool the Kriv is willing to go on late night radio for an hour to talk about service-oriented architecture.
Is there anyway to listen online?

Reds4Life
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Is there anyway to listen online?

No.

If he says anything of importance I'll post it here.

Reds4Life
05-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Some quick notes from the first segment.

Wayne said he doesn't see RCast cutting costs on the upcoming draft, in a non-large market you have to scout and draft well. The scouts will be coming into town over the next few days to put together the draft list. Said he couldn't overstate the importance of the draft.

Says the Reds need to get back to working counts, taking walks and using all of the field. Players are probably pressing a little bit trying to bust the slump all on their own.

Commercial time.

Reds4Life
05-28-2006, 11:59 PM
More notes:

Phil Dumatrait (I know I spelled that wrong) is probably a start or 2 away from being promoted from the Lookouts.

Character issues come into play when drafting and trading, but talent comes first.

When Homer Bailey comes to the majors he doesn't want him going back and fouth between the minors. When he's called up, he's up to stay.

When drafting pitchers they are going to look at guys with a simple delievery and arm action, nothing crazy to avoid injuries.

Commercial again.

M2
05-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Says the Reds need to get back to working counts, taking walks and using all of the field. Players are probably pressing a little bit trying to bust the slump all on their own.

Why, that's positively sane. Are we sure he's the Reds' GM?

M2
05-29-2006, 12:03 AM
When drafting pitchers they are going to look at guys with a simple delievery and arm action, nothing crazy to avoid injuries.

BA on Brandon Morrow:

Morrow seems like a scout's dream. Owner of perhaps the best pure arm in the draft, he throws as hard as any pitcher in baseball, sitting at 96-98 mph with his fastball and occasionally reaching 99. He's a fast-twitch athlete with a quick arm and near-perfect pitcher's frame at 6-foot-3, 190 pounds. His delivery is clean and he repeats his mechanics well. Morrow's secondary pitches-a mid-80s slider and improving changeup-have flashed average to above-average potential as well.

reds44
05-29-2006, 12:03 AM
I like what Wayne is saying, thanks R4L.

Reds1
05-29-2006, 12:05 AM
thanks guys - good stuff.

Reds4Life
05-29-2006, 12:10 AM
More. You love me, dont' you?

Wayne likes the 3 catcher set up right now, doesn't play on changing anytime soon.

He signed Hatteberg because he worked counts well, didn't strikeout much and put the ball in play. Didn't scout him much, but felt he could contribute in some way.

A caller asked about brining Casey back next year. He wouldn't comment much, but just said "we'll see".

He got Ross because of the injuries in the outfield and hoped he could stick as the 5th outfielder before he got injured. As time went on, he was just the odd man out and decided it was best to move him for all parties involved.

Another commercial.

reds44
05-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Yes I do love you. Keep it coming. I would love to have Casey back next year for the right price and as a 5 or 6 hitter, not 3 or 4.

Reds4Life
05-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Wayne doesn't have a preference of high school v. college players when drafting pitchers, he wants to go with the guy with the highest ceiling and least risk. He believes you do need to maintain some balance though.

Paul Wilson is long tossing now, they will re-evaluate after the road trip. He thinks Paul might be going on another rehab assignment. He "hit a wall" in his rehab and they had to back off for now.

Final segment coming up. SOAS has too many commercials. :D

toledodan
05-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes I do love you. Keep it coming. I would love to have Casey back next year for the right price and as a 5 or 6 hitter, not 3 or 4.

i agree about casey. if the price is right why not bring him back. after the dave williams failure we need to feel like we didn't get jobbed on that move.

Caveat Emperor
05-29-2006, 12:25 AM
i agree about casey. if the price is right why not bring him back. after the dave williams failure we need to feel like we didn't get jobbed on that move.

I'd honestly rather see Votto up here next year than paying any money for an aging Sean Casey, which would be nothing more than a P.R. move to try and win some fans back. Certainly it won't be a move based on production, as the dreaded Platoon has outperformed Sean Casey's last season numbers in virtually every measureable respect. Plus, Votto is progressing nicely through AA and should be in AAA by midseason.

If the price is right and Casey understands his role, then maybe it's OK -- but otherwise, this just seems like a date with disaster. Reds fans need to move on, IMO.

reds44
05-29-2006, 12:27 AM
If Votto is ready by next year, then by all means get him up here. I just don't know that much about him, and didn't know he could be ready by next year.

I will always want a young guy playing then a older guy.

KronoRed
05-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks Reds4Life :)

OnBaseMachine
05-29-2006, 12:29 AM
More notes:

Phil Dumatrait (I know I spelled that wrong) is probably a start or 2 away from being promoted from the Lookouts.

You spelled it right.

I wonder if he meant just a promotion to Louisville, or maybe to Cincy? I like Dumatrait - he's a guy who could provide the Reds with some help out of the bullpen right now. He is particuraly tough on right-handed hitters, holding them to just a .521 OPS as opposed to .753 against lefties albeit in a smaller sample size.

I still like him to develop into a solid No. 3 or 4 starter, but the bullpen is where he could make an immediate impact at this point.

BTW, thanks R4L.

Reds4Life
05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
An email mentioned a lot of Obie's players got DFA'ed. Wayne says he doesn't view them as "his" players, but the players usually determine their own fate. The DFA'ed guys didn't cut it, so they are gone.

Stats play some role, but he's more of a gut feeling guy.

The defense has to improve, the guys are working at it. Being last in defense in the league is not acceptable.

He only wants 1 week of interleague play, 18 games is way too many and the scheduling isn't fair. 6 games should be the max for interleague games.

An emailer asked about Clemens, he didn't deny there has been contact. Said they probably couldn't afford him.

Said the "gut feeling" played a role in the Mays signing, he admits his numbers are horrible. Can never have enough pitching and it's a low risk that could be a nice reward for the Reds. He hopes to be in Louisville for his first start around June 2-3.

/Show, that's all folks.

KronoRed
05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't want Casey back, 1) I'm afraid Narron (if he's still here) would plug him in the 3-4 spot because he's a contact guy, like he does now with Aurilia.
2) I don't want Votto, if he's that good to be blocked by a fan favorite.

Reds4Life
05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
You spelled it right.

I wonder if he meant just a promotion to Louisville, or maybe to Cincy? I like Dumatrait - he's a guy who could provide the Reds with some help out of the bullpen right now. He is particuraly tough on right-handed hitters, holding them to just a .521 OPS as opposed to .753 against lefties albeit in a smaller sample size.

I still like him to develop into a solid No. 3 or 4 starter, but the bullpen is where he could make an immediate impact at this point.

BTW, thanks R4L.

He was talking about a promotion to Louisville, sorry if I was unclear.

On Votto, he said he's got raw power, but needs to improve his defensive skills. Didn't sound like anything was going to happen with him soon.

Ron Madden
05-29-2006, 12:38 AM
I have a gut feeling about Joe Mays too. :help:

Thanks R4L.

reds44
05-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't want Casey back, 1) I'm afraid Narron (if he's still here) would plug him in the 3-4 spot because he's a contact guy, like he does now with Aurilia.
2) I don't want Votto, if he's that good to be blocked by a fan favorite.
Exactly. I want Casey back for the right price, and to bat 5th or 6th. Casey is a guy that puts the ball in play and hits for a high average, something this team doesn't have alot of. If he used correct (not as a 3-4 guy) then he would be an asset to the team.

No way I am paying him 8 mil like he is making right now, and no way do I bat him 3rd or 4th. If Wayne doesn't think Votto is ready then I think Casey will be back next year, but I just hope we use him correctly.

CrackerJack
05-29-2006, 12:42 AM
It's nice to hear someone who can speak frankly, minus all the cryptic, political corporate mumbo jumbo DanO constantly spewed.

KronoRed
05-29-2006, 12:43 AM
It's nice to hear someone who can speak frankly, minus all the cryptic, political corporate mumbo jumbo DanO constantly spewed.
Status Quo

TeamBoone
05-29-2006, 01:00 AM

This is actually TV, M2... it's on every Sunday after the 11 o'clock news.

Darn, I didn't read this early enough to catch it.

Jr's Boy
05-29-2006, 01:03 AM

I find that comment to be aestethic,and benign to a level of competency required by a General Manager that instills unfounded and malicious, lugubrious dialogue about a potential future and endeaver in a buccaneer team from Pittsburgh.:evil:

toledodan
05-29-2006, 01:04 AM
I'd honestly rather see Votto up here next year than paying any money for an aging Sean Casey, which would be nothing more than a P.R. move to try and win some fans back. Certainly it won't be a move based on production, as the dreaded Platoon has outperformed Sean Casey's last season numbers in virtually every measureable respect. Plus, Votto is progressing nicely through AA and should be in AAA by midseason.

If the price is right and Casey understands his role, then maybe it's OK -- but otherwise, this just seems like a date with disaster. Reds fans need to move on, IMO.

if votto is ready be all means we don't need to bring casey back. votto has alot of upside but hasn't even played at AAA yet. yes it would most likely be a PR move to bring casey back. who really knows if he would want to come back. with the injuries he's had maybe he feels he may need to prove something there. scott and rich have done a great job at first but i'm not a fan of the platoon. i like to see a set everyday lineup and if one of those 2 play their way into it maybe we don't need to make any moves at first. the one thing i can say for sure is i don't expect to see dunn over there anytime soon.

ThatsAStrike
05-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the report.

oregonred
05-29-2006, 03:37 AM
He only wants 1 week of interleague play, 18 games is way too many and the scheduling isn't fair. 6 games should be the max for interleague games.

In another translation, "It's not at all fair the Cardinals get to beat up on the worst team in the AL six times every year while the Reds get to battle a much tougher Indians organization six times a year"

He's right on all points here.

redsmetz
05-29-2006, 10:20 AM
An email mentioned a lot of Obie's players got DFA'ed. Wayne says he doesn't view them as "his" players, but the players usually determine their own fate. The DFA'ed guys didn't cut it, so they are gone.

Stats play some role, but he's more of a gut feeling guy.

The defense has to improve, the guys are working at it. Being last in defense in the league is not acceptable.

An emailer asked about Clemens, he didn't deny there has been contact. Said they probably couldn't afford him.

Said the "gut feeling" played a role in the Mays signing, he admits his numbers are horrible. Can never have enough pitching and it's a low risk that could be a nice reward for the Reds. He hopes to be in Louisville for his first start around June 2-3.

/Show, that's all folks.

This is what I like about Krivskey. Gut feeling, no risk, high reward. If he doesn't work out, nothing is lost. If we straighten him out- nice gain. We'll see.

Joseph
05-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I know Clemens is a pipe dream, but it just makes me smile that they even paid it lip service. He could have said there was no point [which would likely be the truth] but he said they contacted the agents.

harangatang
05-29-2006, 11:37 AM
I know Clemens is a pipe dream, but it just makes me smile that they even paid it lip service. He could have said there was no point [which would likely be the truth] but he said they contacted the agents.Hey at least they're trying, that's more than the old regime would've done.

Ltlabner
05-29-2006, 12:25 PM
I like The Kriv. He's a straight talking, no BS kinda guy. He isn't trying to be the smartest guy in the room he's just laying out his plan for the future. I like that he confident enough to just say he trusts his gut from time to time.

I also like the talk about Cleamons. Even if it's just a PR move, he's letting the fans know that all options are being explored.

Heath
05-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I'll take Casey for $2 Million - and slot him 7th.

Too bad the Royals will "steal" him away at $6 Million. :D

Superdude
05-29-2006, 01:07 PM

I hope he's doing that with some sort of ecucation on the subject. Some guys have crazy deliveries, but when it comes to the final throwing motion, don't really have an injury prone delivery. I'd hate to pass up on a guy like Kershaw just because his delivery isn't text book. But if WayneK notices something that puts a lot of strain on the shoulder or something, then I'm more than okay with that.

If he is looking for a clean delivery though, Jeffress is another guy with smooth, simple mechanics that could be available.

M2
05-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Have Clayton Kershaw and Ty Howington ever been seen together in public? I'm under impression they're essentially the same person.

saboforthird
05-29-2006, 02:29 PM
I find that comment to be aestethic,and benign to a level of competency required by a General Manager that instills unfounded and malicious, lugubrious dialogue about a potential future and endeaver in a buccaneer team from Pittsburgh.:evil:

I believe my eyes are crossed and my brain is pushing out the back of my head, after that. :eek:

Ltlabner
05-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I find that comment to be aestethic,and benign to a level of competency required by a General Manager that instills unfounded and malicious, lugubrious dialogue about a potential future and endeaver in a buccaneer team from Pittsburgh.

Huh? :explode:

TeamBoone
05-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Is that a bit of DanO speak, Jr's Boy?