PDA

View Full Version : Draft talk

NewEraReds
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
i havent been able to get on in a long time, so i apologize if there is already a thread on this. figured there should be one to talk about the potential players and what we want to see and anything draft related.

i saw m2 post this, so ill steal it ;) cause this is a guy ive wanted.

Morrow seems like a scout's dream. Owner of perhaps the best pure arm in the draft, he throws as hard as any pitcher in baseball, sitting at 96-98 mph with his fastball and occasionally reaching 99. He's a fast-twitch athlete with a quick arm and near-perfect pitcher's frame at 6-foot-3, 190 pounds. His delivery is clean and he repeats his mechanics well. Morrow's secondary pitches-a mid-80s slider and improving changeup-have flashed average to above-average potential as well.

he sounds like a perfect fit for us. also, i want to see us to start drafting like detroit has. they drafted ARMS, not pitchers. they drafted guys with electric stuff, which you cant teach, and look at them now. enough of these 89-92 guys.

WE NEED STUFF

IslandRed
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
NewEraReds, there's been some draft talk in the Down On The Farm forum. I suspect there will be a lot more!

NewEraReds
05-30-2006, 12:39 PM
didnt see we have that board now. ill move it there.

thanks