PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the PTBNL for Phillips and Ross?

wojo1025
05-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Wasn't the PTBNL for Phillips and Ross suppose to be announced by June 1? Any news at all on who those two players turned out to be?

Gallen5862
06-01-2006, 12:01 AM
I am wondering if the Reds just sent cash to the Indians. I haven't heard any players mentioned so far.

TOBTTReds
06-01-2006, 01:34 AM
I am wondering if the Reds just sent cash to the Indians. I haven't heard any players mentioned so far.

I thought this was the decision that was made a while ago, but people keep asking this question. IIRC, it was just cash. Ross, I don't know.

Here's all I could find on it:

Reds | Phillips acquired
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:00:54 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Cincinnati Reds acquired 2B Brandon Phillips from the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named or cash.

redsmetz
06-01-2006, 01:10 PM
From Mark's blog, the Reds completed the trade with the Dodgers for Ross. Now we'll see who we get from Florida (that was a PTBNL, right?).

The Reds today sent left-hander Ben Kozlowski to the Dodgers to complete the first Cody Ross trade.

Kozlowski, a waiver claim from the Rangers a couple years ago, began the year at Louisville but was shipped out quickly after posting a 12.54 ERA in seven appearances. In 10 games after that with Chattanooga, he was 2-1 with a 1.17.

MattyHo4Life
06-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I thought this was the decision that was made a while ago, but people keep asking this question. IIRC, it was just cash.

The Reds sent cash instead of a player? That is a first. ;)

redsmetz
06-01-2006, 01:21 PM
The Reds sent cash instead of a player? That is a first. ;)

I'm not certain that they've finalized the Phillips deal. As I understood it, cash was an option if they couldn't agree on a player. I suspect that it will be finalized today like the Ross trade was.

Newman4
06-01-2006, 01:27 PM
From Mark's blog, the Reds completed the trade with the Dodgers for Ross. Now we'll see who we get from Florida (that was a PTBNL, right?).

Wasn't Kozlowski another of DanO's boys he brought in? Wayne isn't done cleaning out the closet.

redsmetz
06-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Wasn't Kozlowski another of DanO's boys he brought in? Wayne isn't done cleaning out the closet.

That was Marc's headline - I forgot to carry that over.

smith288
06-01-2006, 02:07 PM
I thought this was Kozlowski?

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/01/monsters-inc.jpg

TStuck
06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
So the Cody Ross deal has essentially boiled down to Ben Kozlowski to the Dodgers for a PTBNL from the Marlins. It'll be interesting to see how that one shakes out in the end. If we end up getting someone decent from the Marlins then this ends up being a pretty good deal with Cody serving as the catalyst.:thumbup:

cincyinco
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Any word on what we might get from the Marlins?

I can only pray it would be a guy like Aaron Thompson or Sean West... haha.. its a long shot.

MattyHo4Life
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm not certain that they've finalized the Phillips deal. As I understood it, cash was an option if they couldn't agree on a player. I suspect that it will be finalized today like the Ross trade was.

The words "Cincinnati Reds" and "sending cash" are rarely seen together.

KronoRed
06-01-2006, 04:23 PM
I thought this was Kozlowski?

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/01/monsters-inc.jpg
Good arm, crumbles under presure though.

Doc. Scott
06-01-2006, 04:34 PM
If the Reds get someone from the Marlins organization that has any kind of upside, it's a win. Kozlowski wasn't going anywhere.

Mario-Rijo
06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I am chuckling to myself at how darn smooth 'ole Krivsky is. He gave up some cash for a guy who could end up being an All-Star selection for the next decade. Wow is there a more lopsided deal ever after Babe Ruth? Not only that but Krivsky gave up a guy who may never amount to anything but minor league fodder for a guy who is already in the bigs and has more than one tool. Not only that we are way more likely to get a much better piece back as at the time we could have optioned a guy down to free up room for Ross, so we had options no doubt that gave us the leverage to acquire a player of equal value to Ross. There is not too many times when you can make a deal for a PTBNL and be happy about who you are getting before you know who he is!

Krivsky is a guy after my own heart. Do whatever it takes to improve, create situations to improve by any means neccessary! Had Krivsky been here 10 years ago we might have a new updated World Series Title to celebrate by now! :D

captainmorgan07
06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
maybe we shoudl jsut start calling him trader wayne

MartyFan
06-02-2006, 12:20 AM
maybe we shoudl jsut start calling him trader wayne

NO! The nickname has to be "Special K"

Ltlabner
06-02-2006, 05:43 AM
I prefer "The Kriv" but that's just me.

Newman4
06-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Any word on what we might get from the Marlins?

I can only pray it would be a guy like Aaron Thompson or Sean West... haha.. its a long shot.

I was hoping for Todd Wellemeyer.