PDA

View Full Version : Ben Kozlowski PTBNL to Dodgers for Ross

dougdirt
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Just a heads up for those who care.

Red Heeler
06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Kozlowski probably won't amount to much, but can a team like the Reds afford to give up any pitcher with a 1.12 ERA in AA for 5 AB's of Cody Ross?

Aronchis
06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Kozlowski probably won't amount to much, but can a team like the Reds afford to give up any pitcher with a 1.12 ERA in AA for 5 AB's of Cody Ross?

That is in AA. Koz had no future.

Red Heeler
06-01-2006, 03:53 PM
That is in AA. Koz had no future.

Neither did Cody Ross, obviously. Koz at least could have been a shiny bauble to throw in on the end of a bigger deal.

Doc. Scott
06-01-2006, 04:40 PM
The Reds were so high on Koz they converted him to the bullpen in AAA and put several over-30s in the rotation instead. Then, after he got Mike Burnsed (like 20 hits in seven appearances), demoted him to AA to pitch middle relief. His old velocity has never really come back since Tommy John surgery and he's now 25 years old.

It's frisbeeing sliders past left-handed hitters if he wants to make the majors again, I fear.

IslandRed
06-01-2006, 06:04 PM
As long as the PTBNL we get from the Marlins is better than that, fine.

Red Heeler
06-01-2006, 06:16 PM
The Reds were so high on Koz they converted him to the bullpen in AAA and put several over-30s in the rotation instead. Then, after he got Mike Burnsed (like 20 hits in seven appearances), demoted him to AA to pitch middle relief. His old velocity has never really come back since Tommy John surgery and he's now 25 years old.

It's frisbeeing sliders past left-handed hitters if he wants to make the majors again, I fear.

Maybe so, but why go through the trouble of rearranging deck chairs if you weren't going to give Ross a chance?

Doc. Scott
06-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Maybe so, but why go through the trouble of rearranging deck chairs if you weren't going to give Ross a chance?

That I have no idea. The logic of being able to pick a player-even a B-/C+ prospect- from the Florida system is sound, especially since the Marlins have more pitching talent in their system than any other team in major league baseball. The more I think about this, the more I think that maybe Wayne Krivsky planned some portion of this all along.

Ross was redundant from Day One with Denorfia around (a player with similar skills and pedigree, probably a tad bit better overall), so once it became clear that Quinton McCracken wasn't getting deleted like he should have been, it started to look like Krivsky only wanted Ross as some sort of trading chit to begin with.