PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Julio

edabbs44
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
I wish GMs would, after a trade or FA signing is made, come out and tell the fans if they made a play for that player. Just watching Julio close it out for the DBacks tonight...his stuff is ridiculous. Heater at 95-98 and slider from 84-86. I know AJones took him yard, but I would have loved to see Cincy make a play for him and put him in the 8th inning role. When he was getting knocked around in April I was hoping Kriv was on the phone with Minaya...I guess we'll never know.

PS: Farnsworth just blew the save for the Yankees...:) :) :) :) :) :)

captainmorgan07
06-01-2006, 10:40 PM
i watched farnsworth blow it his stuffing was moving very good but just with no control to bad fastballs down the middle tigers killed him problem with getting julio is the diamondbacks might still be in it at the deadline

edabbs44
06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
i watched farnsworth blow it his stuffing was moving very good but just with no control to bad fastballs down the middle tigers killed him problem with getting julio is the diamondbacks might still be in it at the deadline
I was saying I wanted him from the Mets when his ERA was 40 in April...

Patrick Bateman
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
There's a couple problems with Julio.

Firstly, he's a FA after the 2007 season, so he's starting to make big money and will become extremely expensive if he suceeds

Secondly, he simply isn't very good. No control.

But his upside is interesting.

NJReds
06-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Farnsworth is being overused. It seems like he pitches every night.

I don't want any part of Julio after what I saw in NY. Wild at times, and has a tendancy to groove his fastball.

edabbs44
06-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I thought Kriv had a shot to get him for a song and a dance after he got crushed in April...I'd much rather see him in the pen than some of the other guys we have. 98 mph and a nasty slider doesn't come around too often.

And his control during his career has been fine. Don't see where he would have a problem.

I would also rather have the problem of having someone succeed and become expensive than DFAing multiple pitchers each year. If we couldn't sign him, we could always trade him.