PDA

View Full Version : Bruce

NewEraReds
06-03-2006, 11:03 PM
anyone who has watched him a lot as well, notice that he really pulls off the ball or really tries to yank it to right. he will hit balls up the middle, but he really struggles with outside pitches and i cant recall seeing him hit one to left. he has a ton of talent and power that he doesnt need to be doing this. i think this is a big reason he has put up good power numbers since being drafted but hit under 260. that and hitting like 100 off lefties ;) im confident this will be fixed in time, just wondering if others have noticed

dougdirt
06-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Jay really struggles with lefties...but he did get an RBI single off one tonight. The ball wasnt hit hard, but it got through between first and second. Jay has seen his BABIP drop significantly over the past 2 weeks. I have been keeping track of his season, game by game and its been quite bad lately.

NewEraReds
06-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Jay really struggles with lefties...but he did get an RBI single off one tonight. The ball wasnt hit hard, but it got through between first and second. Jay has seen his BABIP drop significantly over the past 2 weeks. I have been keeping track of his season, game by game and its been quite bad lately.
i see him a ton. its just an observation based on seeing him, not what his numbers are doing. he really tries to pull the ball instead of staying on it, say, like kearns

dougdirt
06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Kearns never pulls the ball unless its a grounder. I do think Jay tries pulling the ball a lot, however at the age of 19, I am not to worried about it. I am more worried about him hitting lefties at this point than him pulling it...its early though still.