Matt700wlw
06-04-2006, 12:13 PM
DUI last night.

paintmered
06-04-2006, 12:22 PM
What is this, strike six?

Reds Fanatic
06-04-2006, 12:23 PM
The Bengals have to just cut this kid. He's not worth the trouble. This is the 3rd or 4th time he has been arrested.

Also yesterday A.J. Nicholson was arrested for the theft that I mentioned in another thread.

Blimpie
06-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Lawrence Phillips...paging Lawrence Phillips.....

KittyDuran
06-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Ugh... :rolleyes: I wondered why Lance lead off his segment of Sports Talk on WLW with this... didn't hear it mentioned on the news. :p:

WVRed
06-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Its a shame too, this kid has way too much upside to be throwing his talent away.:(

I'll still maintain that losing Henry hurt worse than losing Palmer in the playoffs.

CTA513
06-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Chris Henry is stupid.

:bang:

redsfanfalcon
06-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Million dollar ability with a 2 cent mind. Doesn't that just frustrate you?

Falls City Beer
06-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Why can't these numnuts just play Dungeons and Dragons in the offseason?

CTA513
06-04-2006, 01:24 PM

I guess he would rather play Grand Theft Auto.
The only thing he hasnt been accused of yet is stealing someones car.

CougarQuest
06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
http://www.clermontclerk.org/pa/munipa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?68417341

paintmered
06-04-2006, 01:27 PM

+20 cell of confinement

Falls City Beer
06-04-2006, 01:28 PM
The only thing he hasnt been accused of yet is stealing someones car.

When those contracts no longer land under his pen....

Falls City Beer
06-04-2006, 01:29 PM
+20 cell of confinement

Right. :laugh:

It looks like he was +50 possessed by an Ork of Nimrod.

Aceking
06-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Strange this hasn't been reported anywhere I can find yet.

CougarQuest
06-04-2006, 02:56 PM
ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2470257

max venable
06-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Unbelievable.

Talk about throwing away a great future.

Classic case of the Esau syndrome: trading away God's lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite.

WVRed
06-04-2006, 03:24 PM
We are turning into Baltimore West.

KronoRed
06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Have to get rid of him.

max venable
06-04-2006, 03:40 PM
From Bengals.com:

Under guidelines in the collective bargaining agreement, the Bengals can cut a player only because of skill reasons. But if they decided to release Henry after three arrests, would they be faced with a grievance and would they lose it? If they cut Henry, they would absorb a $173,000 hit on this year’s salary cap. Since it’s after June 1, they would be charged only this year’s bonus pro-ration. Next year, they would have about $519,000 in dead money.

The Bengals won’t comment on the Henry case until it is resolved legally.

STORY (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5282)

Reds4Life
06-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Enough is enough with this guy. How stupid can you be? All the issues he had already, then he goes out driving while loaded. Genius, pure genius.

max venable
06-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Enough is enough with this guy. How stupid can you be? All the issues he had already, then he goes out driving while loaded. Genius, pure genius.
I know...how much of an idiot does a person have to be? Man, I'd be walking on egg shells everywhere I went. I'd become a model citizen...

Guys like Henry, IMO, just think that they're bigger than the law...or not going to get caught (and the irony is that they think they are too smart to get caught).

Idiot.

Reds4Life
06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
I know...how much of an idiot does a person have to be? Man, I'd be walking on egg shells everywhere I went. I'd become a model citizen...

Guy like Henry, IMO, just think that they're bigger than the law...or not going to get caught (and the irony is that they think they are too smart to get caught).

Idiot.

Tell me about it. If I was a public figure and got arrested for the stuff he has I'd be too embarassed to go out in public.

To do what Henry has done requires a special kind of stupidity. It's just a matter of time before he does something even dumber and next time someone might get hurt. We don't need this kind of reputation as a team, Marvin needs to step up and give this guy his walking papers.

CougarQuest
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
From Bengals.com:

STORY (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5282)
That will be the excuse if the Bengals keep him. But in reality, players get cut all the time for other things than their "SKILL", but "skill" may be the "official reason". The Bengals have several options to take over Henry's spot {Chatman, Tab Perry, Benny Brazell, PK Sam, and even a guy who I think will either get cut or traded; Kelly Washington}. And they have several options to fill all 6 spots for WR {Chad, TJ, Tab Perry, and Antonio Chatman will all make it, Benny Brazell (who I think will make it and could even successfully take over Henry's spot without missing a beat), Reggie McNeal (Mr. Trick play option), PK Sam, and Kelly Washington can fight it out for the final two spots}.

For a team that only lost one WR (Kevin Walter) from last years team, a team that was well respected for their WR, they sure brought in a lot of WR: signed free agents PK Sam and Antonio Chatman, drafted Reggie McNeal and Benny Brazell, signed undrafted Glenn Holt. And they even tried to trade Washington during the draft.

BUTLER REDSFAN
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
as long as he is playing with us or any team once the season starts-if you follow what i'm saying the start of football season may save this guys life

CougarQuest
06-04-2006, 10:07 PM
as long as he is playing with us or any team once the season starts-if you follow what i'm saying the start of football season may save this guys life

I'm not following you. He got into his first legal trouble during last season, December 15th, I believe.

BUTLER REDSFAN
06-04-2006, 10:11 PM
just saying this guy has too much time on his hands during the offseason--no guidance whatsoever-maybe during the season with all the coaches around he can settle down?? just a thought

KronoRed
06-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I think the only way he could be kept out of trouble is a 24 hour/7 day a week football game, and even then I'd worry about when the other team is on offense.

BuckWoody
06-05-2006, 08:59 AM
We are turning into Baltimore West.
Well said. (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1000170#post1000170) ;)

SeeinRed
06-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Really though, if they keep this guy, he gets suspended by the NFL. Then can't the team add more to that suspension... Say a season long suspension, if the league doesn't do that anyway. I don't know if substance abuse policies only apply when a league initiated test comes back positive, but he has to be flirting with at least a 4 game suspension if not more. Now, I'm not clear on the rules, but are these suspensions without pay? Unless there is a trade possibility for him, he shouldn't play a single game next year IMO. What an embarrasment this guy has turned out to be for the league, team, and espcially this city. Its a crying shame this guy couldn't keep his nose clean even after the first arrest. He could've been a solid playmaker for this team.

max venable
06-05-2006, 04:12 PM
And you know what else? Marvin & Co., I'm sure, laid down the law with this dude when they drafted him. He had a rep before he ever got here. So you know Marvin HAD to have said, "Dude, you're on a short leash. We're not playin' around here. You've got a rep, now go out and prove everybody wrong." And he SCREWED IT UP!

traderumor
06-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I'll pull this thought out once again---how often do you read of riches building character in a person? Give a person riches that already has questionable character, and rather than expressing gratitude for their good fortune (yes, I know they work hard to get where they're at, but it is also fortunate that their talent is in an industry oozing with cash), they are more likely to have their poor character exposed in grandiose ways.

So, I don't consider Chris Henry to be stupid. He simply has character flaws that making tons of money only exacerbated. Same song, 2nd verse of millionaire professional athletes.

max venable
06-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I think it was Richard Pryor who said something like: Give a guy a lot of money and a lot of extra time and it's a recipe for disaster.

BUTLER REDSFAN
06-05-2006, 08:11 PM
chris henry should be negged for all this

cincinnati chili
06-06-2006, 02:33 AM
http://www.clermontclerk.org/pa/munipa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?68417341

Did you all check out this link?

I think he should get extra jail time for having an NFL salary and trolling around in a 1984 vehicle.

The car's only one year younger than he is.

max venable
06-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Did you all check out this link?

I think he should get extra jail time for having an NFL salary and trolling around in a 1984 vehicle.

The car's only one year younger than he is.
And it says it was a passenger car so that rules out the "classic Z"--or anything like that--possibility. Maybe he was takin' his mom's Gremlin out to get it pimped.

max venable
06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Article about the situation on Bengals.com:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5284

GAC
06-07-2006, 04:35 AM
They were saying on WLW the other day, after these two incidents occurred, that the Bengals/Lewis seem to be drafting (IMO - taking chances) on players that other teams pass on because of character flaws.

When Lewis was asked about this, and shown the list of players, he responded that they are going to start paying closer attention to that aspect.

I really don't (or can't) fault Lewis who may be thinking that he can somehow turn these kid's lives around with the proper level of guidance/coaching.

But one can only do (or take) so much before they have to cut ties because it then starts to reflect on the team/organization as a whole.

RedFanAlways1966
06-07-2006, 08:01 AM
They were saying on WLW the other day, after these two incidents occurred, that the Bengals/Lewis seem to be drafting (IMO - taking chances) on players that other teams pass on because of character flaws.

But we must remember that the Bengals career rushing leader was one of those picks before Lewis and company took over. It can work out... not often, but it can.

Here's what gets me... a guy causes or gets into trouble while in college. Then he starts making serious cash... they think this person will start behaving when he is getting serious cash? I think the exact opposite and it has been proven more times than not. Like throwin' gasoline on the fire IMO.

BuckWoody
06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Marvin Speaks (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060607/SPT02/306070026):

Players' behavior 'foolishness'
BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Marvin Lewis is not happy with the back-to-back legal problems encountered by two of his Bengals players, wide receiver Chris Henry and linebacker A.J. Nicholson, but said that their issues should not detract from what the team has accomplished on and off the field.

Addressing the media for the first time today since the weekend arrests of Henry for driving under the influence and Nicholson’s for burglary and grand theft, Lewis called their behavior “foolishness.”

“The thing I wanted to address was a little bit of the negative vibe and the foolishness we've had attributed to some very poor choices by a couple of our players, particularly with the association of people,’ Lewis said this afternoon, after the team completed practice.

“The biggest part of that is none of that is going to tarnish all the good that's been done both on the field and off the field,” Lewis said. “It does not affect our football team. Our guys have made very positive steps on the football team. And I think the entire body of work and what guys are doing is reflective of the quality (and not) some poor decisions, some poor associations, and some selfishness that way.

“We'll move on and they'll be dealt with as they are allowed to be dealt with if things come of this.”

Lewis said he was embarrassed by Henry and Nicholson’s legal problems.

“I told the people that, yes, you embarrassed us as an organization, myself (and) our coaches when these things occur,” Lewis said. “Right, wrong or indifferent, there are certain things you're asked not to be a part of or around. When it comes out it comes out, but once it comes out, your name is never cleared. The damage can be done in the larger portion for you and basically for us."

Lewis said neither player has made the team.

"They're not necessarily part of the team,” Lewis said of Henry and Nicholson. “Nobody's made our team at this time. What happens publicly is people think this is a distraction for our football team. At this point in the season it obviously is not because these guys do not have a vested right on our football team. They have not earned an opportunity to be on our football team.”

Henry’s arrest was his third in the past seven months. He faces a Friday court date in Clermont County.

"That bothers me when someone doesn't quite understand social laws, no question that bothers me,” Lewis said.

The league’s collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association and the legal system govern both players right now. The team’s hands are essentially tied, for now.

"I don't need to comment on that. That's bigger than me,” Lewis said. “But at some point, you have to make a decision whether this guy is good enough for our football team, and decisions can be made that way, as well. Because if you can't function, then obviously you may not be good enough because I can't count on you."

Henry came out of West Virginia with a reputation for not getting along with teammates and not taking coaching well.

“We didn't draft a guy who had this issue coming in here; Chris Henry didn't have a problem with the law coming in here,” Lewis said. “If he had, he probably wouldn't be here.”

Nicholson turned himself into police in Tallahassee, Fla., on Saturday and charged with burglary, grand theft and vandalism in connection to the alleged theft of $1,700 electronic equipment from the apartment of a former Florida State teammate. Nicholson said this afternoon that he could not comment on the case and directed questions to his agent and lawyer.

It is believed that Nicholson could have been trying to retrieve electronics that belonged to him.

E-mail mcurnutte@enquirer.com

BUTLER REDSFAN
06-07-2006, 10:20 PM
i wonder if carson palmer gives us another update on his knee that he will tell us again that chris just made another "mistake"...just wish one time a teammate would say "so+so is just a punk" instead of "he made a mistake