PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is a big game

NewEraReds
06-06-2006, 11:56 PM
i normally dont like to call games big, espcecially this early. but tom would either move us into a tie for first, or would push us back 2 games back, coming home. i think its really important to get to even then stretch a lead to 2 or 3 games while at home

????

TOBTTReds
06-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I agree. A win tomorrow packs the stadium this weekend (with a majority of Reds fans, not Cubs). I'm not much of a standings person (i.e. one game back) as much as I am excited about the opportunity to beat a divisional opponent, especially one close to you in the standings. Going 6-3 on this road trip is better than I could have asked for and we are guarenteed that, going 7-2 would be amazing.

redlegs2370
06-07-2006, 12:09 AM
i normally dont like to call games big, espcecially this early. but tom would either move us into a tie for first, or would push us back 2 games back, coming home. i think its really important to get to even then stretch a lead to 2 or 3 games while at home

????
It is a big game. Going into this series I would have been thrilled with taking 2 of 3 but a win does put the Reds in a tie for first place. However after that 2nd game in Chicago if Howie would have told Reds fans he just got a call from his banker and after this road trip you will be 2 games behind the Cardinals for first place, "Deal or No Deal." I think we all would have slapped the red button and said "Deal!"