PDA

View Full Version : 6-7-06 Redlegs vs Redbirds (The Tide of the Central)

Pages : [1] 2

NatiRedGals
06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Sorry im doing this early work 8-10 tonight so cant do picture updates till im back! But untill then here ya are!!!!!!!:beerme:

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/3197/untitled4bt.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7117/untitled9ep.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3248/untitled23bc.png (http://imageshack.us)

RBA
06-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Ponson didn't pitch against the Reds Friday night. The Cubs maybe?

WVRedsFan
06-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Is it Sunday?

Let's see...Ross and Griffey are hot right now, so let's bench them. Makes sense to me. Replace them with Larue (.171) and Freel (.269) just to give Aaron Harang a challenge. It's only the Cardinals and a chance to go into a tie with them for first place. Big Deal!

Sometimes I wonder about Narron's sanity.

NatiRedGals
06-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Ponson didn't pitch against the Reds Friday night. The Cubs maybe?

haha directly from MLB.com not my info ill check...

Sindey Ponson Yahoo Sports

Jun 2 CHC L 4-5 - 6.0 9 2 2 1 1 2 4 0 0 43.0 2.93

toledodan
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
that batting order is awful. i understand giving griffey a day off but putting hatteberg and RA in the 3 / 4 spots is crazy.

NatiRedGals
06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Is it Sunday?

Let's see...Ross and Griffey are hot right now, so let's bench them. Makes sense to me. Replace them with Larue (.171) and Freel (.269) just to give Aaron Harang a challenge. It's only the Cardinals and a chance to go into a tie with them for first place. Big Deal!

Ok i undertsnad sitting Griffey but Larue hahah!! Funny Stuff!!http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6562/images0pf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Is it Sunday?

I find it difficult to question Narron's decisions at this point simply considering the fact that the Reds have out-performed everyone's expectations and are only one game out. He seems to get the most out of his players.

RBA
06-07-2006, 06:17 PM

I'm wondering about redszone's sanity after seeing this line-up. How many posters will be in vapor lock after seeing it?

Matt700wlw
06-07-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm wondering about redszone's sanity after seeing this line-up. How many posters will be in vapor lock after seeing it?

Flip Hatteberg and Aurilia with Dunn and Kearns and it looks better.

Yet, who am I to question this team's decisions right now?

fielder's choice
06-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Great lineup. More proof Narron is an idiot. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :help:

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Great lineup. More proof Narron is an idiot. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :help:

There is a manager out there who can get more out of this team right now? Narron and the Reds are a perfect fit right now.

fielder's choice
06-07-2006, 06:30 PM
There is a manager out there who can get more out of this team right now? Narron and the Reds are a perfect fit right now.

Let's sit someone who hit 2 HR's Monday and reached base 5 times yesterday. Great idea. Oh, and stick our worst hitter in the cleanup spot. :thumbup: :rolleyes:

MartyFan
06-07-2006, 06:32 PM

I agree...this team was projected to tank and here they are bidding for the division lead...I second guess some of the lineups put out there and sometimes the switches made but in the end, it is Narron's job and his to lose or keep.

Redhook
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
When you are on a hot streak you don't change anything, especially taking out the hottest player in baseball, Griffey, and another hot one, Ross. Ridiculous! In Vegas, when the roulette wheel has spit out 6 blacks in a row, do you bet on red the next spin? No way. You never bet against streaks. I still think they can win tonight, but you have try to ride out this streak as long as possible. Long win streaks don't come around very often and Narron seems content with 6 in a row. I want 10+. Why not?

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Let's sit someone who hit 2 HR's Monday and reached base 5 times yesterday. Great idea. Oh, and stick our worst hitter in the cleanup spot. :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Reds are 10 games over .500 despite the fact that their manager is a complete idiot.:rolleyes: It doesn't work that way.

Rich Aurillia is the worst hitter on the team? Where does that come from? The stats sure don't support that one.

Matt700wlw
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Griffey out with quad tightness....

shouldn't be a big deal, and he and Narron think a night off will take care of it.

Redhook
06-07-2006, 06:41 PM

Atleast LaRue isn't batting cleanup. I bet LaRue would argue with you that he's a worse hitter than Aurilia. :p:

I think this lineup officially validates the fact that Narron still can't figure out the best lineup so he picks the names out of hat.

MartyFan
06-07-2006, 06:42 PM
The thing I am most happy about this hot streak is that the pitching has been pretty good but the bats have come back...the dry spell we saw was tough...perhaps Chambliss was giving them some latitude and now he has pulled it back in or viseaversa?

fielder's choice
06-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I agree...this team was projected to tank and here they are bidding for the division lead...I second guess some of the lineups put out there and sometimes the switches made but in the end, it is Narron's job and his to lose or keep.

I'm pretty sure the reason they are winning is because they're pitching has been better than past years, not because Narron is some kind of genius. The offense has always been there. Anyone that hits Aurilia 4th nearly every night is not smart.

Redhook
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Griffey out with quad tightness....

shouldn't be a big deal, and he and Narron think a night off will take care of it.

Oh no, are you serious? :( If he sits more than one game we've got a real problem.

Matt700wlw
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh no, are you serious? :( If he sits more than one game we've got a real problem.

Yes, I'm serious.

Redhook
06-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes, I'm serious.

That blows. I hope it's no big deal because April's no big deal turned into a fiasco. Hope it's just a game.

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
I think this lineup officially validates the fact that Narron still can't figure out the best lineup so he picks the names out of hat.

That must be the reason the Reds are only 10 games over .500. I mean, this team was expected to do so much better, they are definately one of the biggest dissapointments of the season. This team is doing great right now. All this negativity is really starting to bother me. Enjoy the way they are playing right now. Simply put, I for one can't you really justify this negativity towards Narron when he has this team playing so well. True, Narron probably can't get the current team to the playoffs, but I don't know a manager who could.

fielder's choice
06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
That must be the reason the Reds are only 10 games over .500. I mean, this team was expected to do so much better, they are definately one of the biggest dissapointments of the season. This team is doing great right now. All this negativity is really starting to bother me. Enjoy the way they are playing right now. Simply put, I for one can't you really justify this negativity towards Narron when he has this team playing so well. True, Narron probably can't get the current team to the playoffs, but I don't know a manager who could.

It's not like the Reds are a bunch of scrubs, they're actually pretty good. Hitting Aurilia 4th night after night is dumb, though. I guess you think Narron could manage the Royals to success, too.

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason they are winning is because they're pitching has been better than past years, not because Narron is some kind of genius. The offense has always been there. Anyone that hits Aurilia 4th nearly every night is not smart.

I'm also pretty sure that they are hitting better with runners in scoring position. They might also be producing more runs with the running game. Those are at least partially because of Narron. Players like playing for him. There is a lot to be said for that, coupled with the fact that (for the last time) THE REDS ARE 10 GAMES OVER .500 on June 7th, how can you say that Narron has mis-managed this team?

pedro
06-07-2006, 06:57 PM
The most important thing Narron has to do as a manager is manage the clubhouse which he appears to be doing very well. He also is doing a pretty good job with the pitching staff. After that the lineup construction is pretty much secondary IMO. He's been playing the right players most nights IMO, although I do wish they could find a way to get freel a few more AB's sometime.

NatiRedGals
06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Marcs Blog
Junior out tonight

ST. LOUIS -- Ken Griffey Jr. is on the bench tonight with some tightness in his left quadriceps.

And yes, it is one of those "day-to-day" things, though Junior gleefully said we weren't allowed to say that anymore. I don't think this is anything serious. Sounds like he aggravated it on that mad scamper home in the ninth last night. With a lefty starting tomorrow for the Cubs, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in the lineup for that one, but I'd expect him back in there by Friday.

"He’s definitely available to pinch-hit," said Jerry Narron.

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
It's not like the Reds are a bunch of scrubs, they're actually pretty good. Hitting Aurilia 4th night after night is dumb, though. I guess you think Narron could manage the Royals to success, too.

Yeah, thats exactly why the Reds were picked to finish near the bottom of the NL Central, because they have a great team right? No, this team is severly lacking in 1. Defense, 2. Bullpen depth, 3. Starting pitching... But yeah, other than that, I mean they should be able to go out and outscore the opposition right?

This team is playing together as a team. It is the resposibility of the manager to get that to happen. You tell me exactly how Narron has impared the performance of this team, and I'll concede and say that Narron is not doing a good job. Untill then, I maintain that Narron is exactly the type of manager Cincinnati needs right now.

CincyReds2003
06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm also pretty sure that they are hitting better with runners in scoring position. They might also be producing more runs with the running game. Those are at least partially because of Narron. Players like playing for him. There is a lot to be said for that, coupled with the fact that (for the last time) THE REDS ARE 10 GAMES OVER .500 on June 7th, how can you say that Narron has mis-managed this team?

I agree with you SeeinRed. It seems that even when things are going right for a change, there is always a complaint.

naynay
06-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Folks, just let him manage the ballteam. If you're so dad-blamed smart, start with a knothole team and maybe you'll work your way up to Jerry's level. Just let him manage the BALLTEAM.

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 07:08 PM
prolly just wanted to get ross and night off because arroyo starts tommororw and he wants him fresh i can understand everybody's gripe about aurilla in the cleanup spot but it's worked before jerry's just goin back to the well i kno it doesnt' work everytime but rich has his moments

jimbo
06-07-2006, 07:11 PM
In Vegas, when the roulette wheel has spit out 6 blacks in a row, do you bet on red the next spin? No way. You never bet against streaks.

That is flawed logic. It doesn't matter if the roulette wheel has spit out 20 blacks in a row, the odds of what color comes up next is always the same.

Redhook
06-07-2006, 07:19 PM
prolly just wanted to get ross and night off because arroyo starts tommororw and he wants him fresh i can understand everybody's gripe about aurilla in the cleanup spot but it's worked before jerry's just goin back to the well i kno it doesnt' work everytime but rich has his moments

How would Ross not be 'fresh' tomorrow if he played tonight? He's played in whopping 24 games this year. Narron needs to ride him for as long as he's hot because who knows how long it'll last.

I like Aurilia, but he's not a cleanup hitter, except maybe for the Bad News Bears. ;)

Redhook
06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
That is flawed logic. It doesn't matter if the roulette wheel has spit out 20 blacks in a row, the odds of what color comes up next is always the same.

So you'd bet on Red when it hit 20 blacks in a row? I doubt it. Yes, each spin is 50-50 (not counting green), but a general rule is you don't bet against streaks. It goes hand in hand with players being superstitious. If they're hot they might we're the same socks for weeks straight. And how about Griffey turning in the lineup card to the umpire for the past few games? If you're on a hot streak you don't change things.

Fullboat
06-07-2006, 07:27 PM
The Reds should have a "You Pick The Line Up Day" Promotion.Reds FO picks a game
10-20 days in advance and has the fans vote on who bats were in the line up within
reason,for example non injured players or the pitcher batting third.

naynay
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Redhook, you have obviously never taken finite mathematics. I'm not going to bore you with them - just listen to jimbo.

And how is hitting Aurilia, who hits with runners in scoring position, in the cleanup spot wrong? I like it. And sure, Ross is hot. But maybe Jerry liked Jason's ODDS agains Ponson, given past history. Jason might have lobbied for playing time. David might have stepped down. Unlikely, but you never know.

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
How would Ross not be 'fresh' tomorrow if he played tonight? He's played in whopping 24 games this year. Narron needs to ride him for as long as he's hot because who knows how long it'll last.

I like Aurilia, but he's not a cleanup hitter, except maybe for the Bad News Bears. ;)

I see your point, but by your logic, if Ross is struggling, and LaRue is on a roll, do you let LaRue catch Arroyo? No way. Offense is just a bonus at the catcher's position. Ross and Arroyo have worked very well together.

As for being fresh, the catchers positions is a very grueling one to play. So, yeah, giving him tonight off will make him "fresh" for tomarrow. He hasn't been playing everyday, so that even magnifies the possibility that he might get tired catching consecutive days.

Aurillia holds his own in the cleanup spot. He is one of the more productive hitters with runners in scoring position. He might not be the best cleanup hitter in the league, or even this team, but by no means is he a terrible fit for that spot. If the Reds lose by 2 and Aurillia left 4 runners in scoring position tonight, then we'll talk about how bad he is. Untill then, let Narron do his job.

Cedric
06-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I see your point, but by your logic, if Ross is struggling, and LaRue is on a roll, do you let LaRue catch Arroyo? No way. Offense is just a bonus at the catcher's position. Ross and Arroyo have worked very well together.

As for being fresh, the catchers positions is a very grueling one to play. So, yeah, giving him tonight off will make him "fresh" for tomarrow. He hasn't been playing everyday, so that even magnifies the possibility that he might get tired catching consecutive days.

Aurillia holds his own in the cleanup spot. He is one of the more productive hitters with runners in scoring position. He might not be the best cleanup hitter in the league, or even this team, but by no means is he a terrible fit for that spot. If the Reds lose by 2 and Aurillia left 4 runners in scoring position tonight, then we'll talk about how bad he is. Untill then, let Narron do his job.

Rich against RH pitching should never be in the 4 hole. He's not been great with runners in scoring position this year either.

SeeinRed
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
So you'd bet on Red when it hit 20 blacks in a row? I doubt it. Yes, each spin is 50-50 (not counting green), but a general rule is you don't bet against streaks. It goes hand in hand with players being superstitious. If they're hot they might we're the same socks for weeks straight. And how about Griffey turning in the lineup card to the umpire for the past few games? If you're on a hot streak you don't change things.

You could look at it that way, but the law of averages tells you that it all equals out, so that means that for every hot streak, there is a cold streak. If 20 blacks come up in a row, then your first thought might be that red has to come up eventually, and in the end, it will equal out. Therefore, you might be more inclined to bet red than black. However, both logics are flawed in that each spin is independent of the previous. Yeah, streaks happen, but that doesn't mean you change your approach due to them.

Matt700wlw
06-07-2006, 07:42 PM
If Larue goes 4-4 tonight, you trade him tomorrow :D

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Alright alright alright......

A win 2nite is has several meanings.

1. Tied for the NL Central Lead #1 for a reason, this is key for us to stay right with the Cards as LONG AS POSSIBLE and wouldnt hurt to get a decent lead on them before poopoo comes back.

2. Confidence...Broom the Cards.....:) rumor has it Jr's out of the lineup for 2nite which could hurt.. especially with Ponson on the mound for the Cards... but Harang has beat the Cards 1-0 once already this season.

3. 7 Game win streak, headed home for a 4 Game series with the Cubs. Man alive the jump we could get here.

Lets get it on!!!!!!!!

Now for my Griefs. Not only is JR out of the lineup but so is Edwin, next and prolly more important grief is this.. Ross has been AWESOME lately when giving his chances yet we sit him for Larue....now im not real big on the whole Catcher scenerio's i could really care less which one starts.. but ROSS has proven he can do it everyday and everytime we start Larue I lean more and more to the Ross for Catcher of the Year lol So lets hope for a strong showing from Larue 2nite.

LETS GO REDS!!!!!!!!

EDIT; gonna try hang out with you guys 2nite... lets have some fun

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Anybody who thinks Narron is an idiot for this lineup, please stick around after tonight's game. An idiot doesn't run a club 10 games over.

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Freakin' FSN Midwest feed through mlb.tv screwed up the ratio again tonight! This pincushioned view is terrible.

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:12 PM
thanks freel for taking a few pitches

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Freel pops out on the first pitch

1 Down

captainmorgan07
felo grounds out to eckstein 2 outs

GridironGrace
Lopez Grounds out to Eck.

2 outs

Hatte at the plate

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:15 PM
hatte shows how to be patient takes a walk

GridironGrace
Hatte Walks

and Aurilia comes for his first AB

Redhook
It'd be nice to somehow get a run out of this inning to set the tone.

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:16 PM
rich was a single hatte to third

GridironGrace
Single by Aurilia.. + error on Duncan Hatte moves to 3B and we have runners on the Corners with 2 outs and Dunner at the plate

captainmorgan07
dunn with runners in scoring position those numbers aren't exciting

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:18 PM
2 foul offs for Dunner so far 5 th pitch coming 1-2 count

GridironGrace
Dunn pops out to LF headed to the bot half

captainmorgan07
dunn pops out to end the inning

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
aaron is due to shut out the cards again like he did the last time he faced them

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Atleast we got the pitch count up a bit... wasnt looking good there for a second.

pedro
06-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Pop up huh?

GridironGrace
Freel cant make a diving catch.. base hit for Eck

captainmorgan07
freel with a heck of an effort but can't haul it in single for eckstein

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:23 PM
come on aaron get um down

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
full count on Rodriguez

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
can't afford a walk here

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
fouls off a couple 8th pitch coming

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
grounder to felo out at second safe at first

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Grounds into Feilders Choice

1 out Rodriguez on 1st

"shoulda been a DP" marty

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
rolen basehit to right

GridironGrace
Rolen 1st pitch single.

2 on 1 out

Edmonds up

GridironGrace
Edmonds GIDP

Inning over 0-0 headed to the 2nd

captainmorgan07
edmonds hits into double play inning over

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
kearns bp larue due up

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Let's Go Ears!

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:30 PM
kearns down on strikes

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Kearns Strikes out

1 Down

Phillips up

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:31 PM
bp flies out to left

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Phillips first pitch fly out to LF

4 PItches

2 outs

Larue up

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:32 PM
larue needs to start hitting or his but is on the way out

GridironGrace
Larue Lines out too SS

bot half coming 0-0

captainmorgan07
quick inning larue lines out

GridironGrace
REally woulda liked to seen a hit there to roll over the lineup.. now Harang leads off in the 3rd :(

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
It's Sidney freakin' Ponson. He is soooo due for a loss.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Juan Encarnacion
Duncan
Molina

Due up for the Cards..

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
former red encarnacion up to the plate i always liked him since he's played with the reds

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Fly out to Freel

1 Down

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:36 PM
encarnacion flies out to freel 1 out

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Duncan Grounds out to BP

2 outs

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:38 PM
duncan grounds out to bp 2 outs

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
aurilla throws out molina inning over

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Molina grounds out to Rich

inning over

0-0 top of the 3rd

Harang Freel Lopez due up

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Harang grounds out to 2B, broken bat.

1 down

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:42 PM
i look for freel to have a good AB here after that 1 pitch pop out

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Freel with a 2B *11th

Lopez up

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Squirrel heating up.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Lopez,

Walks 2 on 1 out

Hatteburg at the plate

Gallen5862
Has Espn shown any of the Reds game yet? I have been getting the KC and Detroit game.

GridironGrace
INF to the mound for a talk

fisch11
Cardinals announcers keep calling Scott "Hatty-burg".

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Has Espn shown any of the Reds game yet? I have been getting the KC and Detroit game.

Cleve game on Sat is on ESPN

WGN tomorrow night vs the Cubbies and again Sat i think

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:46 PM

Not yet. They've jumped to about 5 different games.....of course not Reds/Cards.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Hatte,

Line Drive to RF.

Lopez to 3B, Freel Scores Hatte on first

1 out Reds lead 1-0

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Reds/Cards on ESPN now!

fisch11
And who criticized Narron for Scott and Rich batting 3,4?

GridironGrace
woooowhooooooooooo

Aurilia,

Singles to LF

Lopez Scores

Hatte on 2B, Aurilia on 1B

Reds lead 2-0 with 1 out

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
bonus coverage on ESPN showing Dunn AB

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
aurilla shutting up his chritics

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Dunn GIDP

headed to the Bottem half

Reds Lead 2-0

Miles Ponson Eckstein due up for the cards

captainmorgan07
dunn dp inning over

redlegs2370
And who criticized Narron for Scott and Rich batting 3,4?
Good point, Dunn may have still grounded into the DP and no runs would have scored.

fisch11
Dunn with the rally killing inning ending DP. ESPN breaking from Reds now, hopefully they come back. Baseball tonight crew did a little game commentary, mostly talking about Ponson and mentioned Dunn's bomb last night.

GridironGrace
This is Awesome....although it shoulda been a bigger lead.. dunner :(

But i'll take 2 runs and a lead :)

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:52 PM
There's 2 runs Harang.....go do your thing. A complete game would be nice to rest this bullpen before the 4 game homestand.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Time for Harang to settle.

He's got his lead now its time to see him lock down this game.

JohhnyBench1001
06-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Good point, Dunn may have grounded into the DP and no runs would have scored.

I love Adam, and he's one of my favorite players, but at this point I would rather see Hattiburgh/Aurillia than Dunn in the cleanup spots. Dunn isn't a RBI guy, and we need to quit trying to make him one. Let him hit 2nd or perhaps down in the order like he did tonight. I actually like the move.

GridironGrace
Miles,

Singles to RF

1 on no outs

captainmorgan07
miles singles

GridironGrace
Tried to catch us napping on a hit and run with ponson batting lol.. foul ball

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
ponson down on strikes 1 out

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Harang gets his first K in the 3rd..

Ponson down

1 out 1 on

fisch11
06-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Well here's a shocker. ESPN covers Dunn's AB...then BACK to the Det/CHWS game that they have been watching......to heck with ESPN.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
woowhooo

Miles gunned down on the pitchout

Eckstien throws the bat at the ball its a strike

2 outs no one on

1-2 pitch

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
eckstein flies out to hatte inning over

GridironGrace
Eck Pops out to Hatte in the inf

inning over

headed to the 4th 2-0 Reds lead

1500th POST!!!!!!!!

fisch11
HA! Reds called the hit and run perfectly with the pitch out, nail Miles in the basebaths. Miles threw his bat at the pitch out! Hilarious.

redlegs2370
Well here's a shocker. ESPN covers Dunn's AB...then BACK to the Det/CHWS game that they have been watching......to heck with ESPN.
Besides opening day, have the Reds been on ESPN this year yet?

fisch11
Tony is going into desperation mode with Pujols gone.....can't blame him.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Kearns PHillips Larue due up

all are 0-1 2nite

toledodan
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM
that batting order is awful. i understand giving griffey a day off but putting hatteberg and RA in the 3 / 4 spots is crazy.

i feel like a idiot so far!:D :D :D :beerme:

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Kearns works the count full

GridironGrace
Kearns Walks

1 on 0 outs

captainmorgan07
kearns walks

griffeyfreak4
i feel like a idiot so far!:D :D :D :beerme:
I guess the pitcher thought the same thing ;)

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Besides opening day, have the Reds been on ESPN this year yet?

I think maybe a day game earlier this year.....but someone said that they didn't end up coming on that day. I know they are scheduled later against the Brewers @ home on a day game to be on ESPN. But of course, the Yanks/Red Sox only play 19 times a year so we must televise an entire 4 game series! Sick of that.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Houston beat the cubs 1-0
Colorado beat the Pirates 16-9

Sd 3 Mil 2 in the top of the 3rd

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
single for bp this man is raking lately

redlegs2370
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
nice piece of hitting by BP. 2 on no one out!

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Phillips,

Singles

1st and 2nd now

0 Outs Larue up 0-15 on the Road trip

fisch11
Alright, Frenchie.....get back on track.

redlegs2370
Jason just can't catch a break.

captainmorgan07
miles robs larue of a hit

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Larue,

Flys out to shallow Center and Miles robs him of a hit

1 down runers on 1st and 2nd

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Miles robs LaRue of a bloop single, nice over the shoulder grab behind 2nd.

redlegs2370
06-07-2006, 09:06 PM
nice sac bunt by AH. 2 out Freel Up

EddieMilner
I seriously feel that Larue should bat 9th whenever in the lineup. and when the reds play interleague play they should DH for him and not the pitcher.

GridironGrace
Harang Bunts

thrown out at 1st

runners move over

2 outs Freel at the plate

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
nice sack bunt come on freel

fisch11
Couple Ribeye steaks out there for Squirrell.

saboforthird
When's Larue due to start hitting? August?

redlegs2370
Freel pops out to catcher. inning over

GridironGrace
22-13 when freel leads off lol

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
freel pops out reds come up empty

GridironGrace
pop out to Catcher in foul ground

bot of the 4th coming

Reds up 2-0

BuckeyeRedleg
Pretty weak AB's there by LaRue and Freel.

redlegs2370
06-07-2006, 09:09 PM
When's Larue due to start hitting? August?
Not sure how many at bats he has but at this rate he will be on the interstate for a while.

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:09 PM
There's a situation where Soriano rakes from the leadoff spot. Wouldn't mind having that kind of bat at the top of the order.

redlegs2370
06-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Pretty weak AB's there by LaRue and Freel.
I know, I thought we really had a chance to go for the knock out punch.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Rodiguez
Rolen
Edmonds

up in the bot of the 4th for the Cards

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Harang issue's a walk

1 on 0 outs

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:12 PM
rodrigez walks

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Reds back on ESPN.

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM
double play and a heck of a good one

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Rolen GIDP

2 down

Edmonds up no one on base

saboforthird
06-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I love this Brandon Phillips dude. I bet he'd rake at SS. :D

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
harang strikes out edmonds inning over

JohhnyBench1001
double play and a heck of a good one

Man what a play by BP. This kid is simply amazing at times.........and we got him for next to nothing. Who says everything in Cleveland is worthless??...lol.:beerme:

GridironGrace
Edmonds strikes out

heading to the 5th

Reds still lead 2-0

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Mid Game pitching report:

Harang 54 pitches 36 Strikes
4 IP 3 Hits 1 BB 2 K's
7 Ground outs 2 fly outs
13 Batters Faced

Ponson 60 pitches 37 strikes
4IP 5 Hits 2 Runs 2 ER 3 BB 1 K
5 Ground outs 6 Fly outs
19 Batters Faced

GridironGrace
Lopez Hatte Aurilia up for the reds in the 5th

captainmorgan07
felo walks

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
we on ESPN bonus Coverage again :)

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
lopez Walks

hatteburgh up

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
felo steals second

GridironGrace
Lopez Steals 2B

throw was there.. tag missed.

captainmorgan07
lopez to third on wild pitch

GridironGrace
throw in the dirt

Lopez to 3B

3-1 on Hatte

JohhnyBench1001
Good play by Felo. We need to get something out of this

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
hatte doubles lopez scores 3-0

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Hatte doubles down the line to RF

Lopez Scores

0 outs

Reds lead 3-0

JohhnyBench1001
06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Maybe Narron isn't the idiot we all thought he was...lol. Nice job Hat.

griffeyfreak4
06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
:clap: That was a B-E-A-Utiful sequence :beerme:

Nice job by Hatte

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
we got ponson now :)

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Aurillia Doubles

Hatte Scores

4-0 Reds

No outs

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
aurilla doubles he's 3-3 hatte scores

JohhnyBench1001
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Nice job Rich!! Now all we have to do is get Rich home and we are sitting pretty heading into the 6th. Give me 5 runs and Harang, and I'm feeling pretty comfortable.

EddieMilner
06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
i don't know why everyone on this board gets so down on hatteberg. he's the best value/$ in baseball. If he would bat 3rd everynight, he'd have well over 100 runs per season. the guy just gets on base.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:27 PM
btw

the Hatte/Aurilia Hate club is in check 2nite

combined they are 5-5 1 run scored 4 RBI and a BB :P

captainmorgan07
i don't know why everyone on this board gets so down on hatteberg. he's the best value/$ in baseball. If he would bat 3rd everynight, he'd have well over 100 runs per season. the guy just gets on base.
can u say moneyball

GridironGrace
Dunn K's

Kearns up

1 out man on 2B

captainmorgan07
dunn down on strikes

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
why cant our Dunn's Kearns's others take these pitches the other way??

Why we allways trying to pull everything lol

Must be the video game age ive grew up in

RedFanAlways1966
After 4 innings tonight... REDS starters have an ERA of 1.85 in June.

Don't forget... 29-4 record when scoring 5 or more runs.

captainmorgan07
kearns grounds out to short 2 outs

saboforthird
My only fear with seemingly the entire roster (exaggeration) "seeing the ball" is they'll stop seeing at the same time.

GridironGrace
Kearns grounds out to SS

Aurilia stays at 2B

Phillips up

2 outs

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
walking bp

EddieMilner
can u say moneyball

exactly. they have a whole damn chapter written about the guy. and people on this board ***** and moan that Casey isn't here or that Hatteberg is batting 3rd. The Reds are a better team when this guy is in the lineup and having somebody that can hit him in.

GridironGrace
Intentionally walking Phillips to get 0-16 Larue up

EddieMilner
06-07-2006, 09:30 PM
odds on LaRue getting Hatteberg home 1 in 50

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:30 PM
im so happy that larue takes 2 strikes

JohhnyBench1001
06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
That's why Dunn doesn't need to hit in the 3 and 4 holes. I am not ripping him either, rather just saying that that isn't his forte. I mean a big RBI guy at least get's the guy to 3rd to set up a SAC to get Rich home. Adam is simply a HR, walk, or a a strike out most of the time, and that's great (am very glad to have him), but it's not condusive to the 3 and 4 hole. Bat him 2nd or later in the order like tonight, and then the boom or bust is something that you can definitly live with.

GridironGrace
Larue Ks

going to the bot of the 5th

Reds lead 4-0 after adding 2 more :)

captainmorgan07
larue down on strikes this should his only start for the rest of the week

EddieMilner
06-07-2006, 09:32 PM
does LaRue have any more options left? can we send him down to AAA so he can learn how to hit?

JohhnyBench1001
06-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I wonder how long we are going to stick with Jason, and let him continue to struggle with 2 other quality catchers on the roster. If Krvistky has shown us anything it's that he isn't going to tolerate a guy tying up a roster spot that isn't producing. Imo, if Jason doesn't turn it around he's going to be gone.

captainmorgan07
does LaRue have any more options left? can we send him down to AAA so he can learn how to hit?
heck triple AAA im sure somebody out there needs a catcher

GridironGrace

lol very doubtful

EddieMilner
problem is, who wants him?

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Encarnacion
Duncan
Molina

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Are all of the Narron lineup bashers full off of their crow yet? Rich and Scott have all 4 RBI's.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Encarnacion to Rich

1 down

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:36 PM
encarnacion grounds out to hatte one out

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Are all of the Narron lineup bashers full off of their crow yet? Rich and Scott have all 4 RBI's.

Thats why its so quite here. Alot of peeps have nothing to say unless they can bash a player they dont think should be playing :)

LOL

EddieMilner
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM

I want to know how everyone else would've done the lineup tonight with Grif and EE out?

They only thing I would do differently is take LaRue and make him run wind springs in the bullpen.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Harang Strikes out Duncan swinging

2 down

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:38 PM
duncan down on strikes

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Molina pops out to Aurilia

inning over

4-0 Reds headed to the 6th

captainmorgan07
molina pops out to aurilla inning over

captainmorgan07
castellini a heck of a man was just on the radio with marty

saboforthird
06-07-2006, 09:40 PM
im so happy that larue takes 2 strikes

He must feel like he's racking up the pitchcount. :laugh:

fisch11
castellini a heck of a man was just on the radio with marty

Can you paraphrase what they talked about?

GridironGrace
68 pitches for Harang after 5

ponson is up to 90 pitches and im not expecting him back.. but who knows

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:41 PM
68 pitches for Harang after 5

C'mon complete game.

captainmorgan07
mostly about fan support and the upcomign homestand

GridironGrace
Harang Strikes out to start the inning

1 out

captainmorgan07
harang down on strikes

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:42 PM
mostly about fan support and the upcomign homestand

Thanks....Sounds like the attitude adjustment around the Reds has all stemmed from him down through Wayne, Narron, and the players.

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:43 PM
freel with a double

redram
Freel Doubles :-)

GridironGrace
Freel, doubles off the wall, 2nd of the game

1 out

Lopez batting and poson 98 pitches

captainmorgan07
Thanks....Sounds like the attitude adjustment around the Reds has all stemmed from him down through Wayne, Narron, and the players.
he talked about that and how they have trusted in narron

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:44 PM
larusa tells ponson i've seen enough taguchi in enacarnacion to play right

EddieMilner
06-07-2006, 09:44 PM
i love how Freel plays when he isn't in the lineup every day. when he's fighting for a position and he thinks he's being slighted, he's all out. but when's he's in the lineup everyday he gets pretty poor. he's sorta a head case in that regards.

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
When Freel plays good, the Reds play good. Ryan is starting to get on a tear of late.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Ponson is DONE

Taguchi going to CF Encarnacion to RF duncan out

into pitch for the Cards is, Tyler Johnson

RedFanAlways1966
06-07-2006, 09:46 PM
No win for you, Sidney. :beerme:

fisch11
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
No win for you, Sidney. :beerme:

I knew he was due for a loss.

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Lopez turns around

1 out Freel on 2nd

top of the 6th

Reds looking to add to a 4-0 lead

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
lopez grounds out to rolen rolen then throws to first freel moves to third beats the throw

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
lopez grounds out to Rolen

Freel good base running takes 3B anyways

Hatteburg up 2-2 with a walk a run and 2 RBI

saboforthird
06-07-2006, 09:49 PM
i love how Freel plays when he isn't in the lineup every day. when he's fighting for a position and he thinks he's being slighted, he's all out. but when's he's in the lineup everyday he gets pretty poor. he's sorta a head case in that regards.

The guy probably has a sky high insurance policy. With Freel, he does seem to recognize his faults and how to best avoid them, when he's not playing regularly.

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:50 PM
hatte walks

RedFanAlways1966
I knew he was due for a loss.

I thought the same. The REDS slapped him around like a seaside Aruban judge.

GridironGrace
Hatte,Walks

on the corners with 2 outs

Aurilia up 3-3 witn 2 RBI and a 2B

captainmorgan07
06-07-2006, 09:52 PM
it don't sound good for old jason grimsley he ran off and spouted his mouth and now look what it did for him he might need to fear for his life if he names the wrong name

saboforthird
Aurilia homers to drive in 3 runs, 7-0 Reds. :D

RedFanAlways1966
WOW! Aurilia with a bomb to LF. 7-0, REDS!! :D

captainmorgan07
aurilla hits a 3 run bomb all the ppl who complained about hatte and rich can now eat more crow

GridironGrace
Aurilia Baby,

With a 3 Run HR to LF

2-1 pitch Hammered

Reds lead 7-0 :)

griffeyfreak4
06-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Wooo hooo RA B-E-A-Utiful :beerme:

GridironGrace
06-07-2006, 09:53 PM
4-4 5 RBI a 2B and HR and needs a 3B for the Cycle.. (yea right) lol