PDA

View Full Version : Post-Williams performance

UPRedsFan
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
In the last 3 full trips through the rotation since the Williams move, the starting rotation has combined for:

93.1 IP, 3.47 ERA, 9 quality starts out of 15 games, averaging 6 IP per start(even better the last 2 trips for a 3.08 ERA and 7 QS out of 10 games)

Meanwhile Dave Williams in AAA has gone 1-2 with a 6.48 ERA

Ltlabner
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
In addition to strengthing the team by getting rid of a huge negative, DFA'ing Williams had the effect of sending the message to the team that winning was expected by management and coaching. Even if it cost the owership some shorterm money, they were going to take the steps to build a winning team.

While that move didn't produce imediate results, I have to believe Williams DFA was in the back of some players mind, and perhaps a topic of conversation after the two horrible games in Chicago at the start of the last road trip. The thought was prob there at different times after the DFA move until then, but combining the horrible play against the lowly and despised Cubs with the thought of "what if I get DFA'd" might have been just the inspiration the team needed.

Some people like to make threats. Others like to quietly make their intentions clear through actions. BC is a man of action.

dabvu2498
06-09-2006, 09:11 AM
In addition to strengthing the team by getting rid of a huge negative, DFA'ing Williams had the effect of sending the message to the team that winning was expected by management and coaching. Even if it cost the owership some shorterm money, they were going to take the steps to build a winning team.

While that move didn't produce imediate results, I have to believe Williams DFA was in the back of some players mind, and perhaps a topic of conversation after the two horrible games in Chicago at the start of the last road trip. The thought was prob there at different times after the DFA move until then, but combining the horrible play against the lowly and despised Cubs with the thought of "what if I get DFA'd" might have been just the inspiration the team needed.

Some people like to make threats. Others like to quietly make their intentions clear through actions. BC is a man of action.
Let's hope the other BC gets the message.

smith288
06-09-2006, 01:35 PM
While that move didn't produce imediate results, I have to believe Williams DFA was in the back of some players mind, and perhaps a topic of conversation after the two horrible games in Chicago at the start of the last road trip.
Rick White says hello :wave:

registerthis
06-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Rick White says hello :wave:

As per his contract, I'm not sure he CAN be released. At least according to what I read on here a few days ago.

So, in reality, it would be his contract waving :wave: