PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/Dunn and injuries to players.

Jim Fazio
06-10-2006, 03:13 PM
The problem with Dunn is that he looks at too many called strikes and gets in a deep hole. Ever notice when he walks he gets lucky because pitches just miss. He needs to swing more early in count and swing at more than just 1 pitch per at bat. He also needs to get off the plate some to hit the inside strike.

Also I've noticed every time a player gets hurt, he ends up on DL even when they say he's day-day and in EE's case he's taking bp and should be ready to go, then ends up on the DL. I think the Reds training staff and Kremcheck need to be replaced. Also case in point with Griffey and Aurilla, who probably could have played with their minor injuries. Rather than put a guy on the bench for a few days to rest him they DL him and bring up someone from AAA. I don't like their thinking on injuries at all.

Thirdly, how many daughters does Narron have yet to graduate and since when do they do ceremonies on Friday nights?

CTA513
06-10-2006, 03:26 PM
The problem with Dunn is that he looks at too many called strikes and gets in a deep hole. Ever notice when he walks he gets lucky because pitches just miss. He needs to swing more early in count and swing at more than just 1 pitch per at bat. He also needs to get off the plate some to hit the inside strike.

Dunn gets lucky when he walks?
Maybe its because teams dont want to throw him anything that he can hit a mile?
Dunn has been in a slump for a while and teams still dont want to pitch to him. The Cardinals pitched to a red hot Griffey in the 9th when they had firstbase open and the Cubs walked Dunn to face Kearns.

TOBTTReds
06-10-2006, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes:

I could care less if it is "luck" that he is walking. He scored 3 runs yesterday and had only 1 hit! Walks will haunt.

RedFanAlways1966
06-10-2006, 03:39 PM
(1) When you have shown a history of getting as many walks as Adam Dunn... it is far from luck.

(2) You have 25-men on your team. If one guy cannot play for 3-4 games it is sometimes smarter to DL him for 15-days so your manager does not have to play with 24-men. One player may not seem like a big deal, but it can be a major deal if a game allows it. And you give that injured guy a few more days to FULLY recover.... to prevent a possible 30-day or 60-day stay on the DL.

(3) No biggie. Jerry's presence does not make Felipe turn that DP or make Austin catch that popup.

jmcclain19
06-10-2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.alaskaslakelucillebnb.com/giftshop/Signs/images/outdoorsman/rusticsigns_1735_3235043.gif

KoryMac5
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM
514 walks in 721 career games is far from luck.

Highlifeman21
06-10-2006, 03:46 PM
And to think, I thought we were Dunn with the "What's Wrong With Adam Dunn?" du jour threads...

He looks at a called third strike here and there, yet averages 115 walks per 162 games. I'll take that average amount of walks per year.

Johnny Footstool
06-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Is this new thread necessary, or can we just keep beating the dozen or so dead horses we already have?

KronoRed
06-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Once again this is a "he can single instead of walk"

No, if he didn't take those walks he's be grounding out, no thanks