PDA

View Full Version : Light coming on for Claussen?

Cicero
06-10-2006, 09:38 PM
He pitched a gem through six tonight. Three runs in six and 2/3 isn't bad at all. The difference I noticed was that he was nibbling a lot less and his pitch selection seemed better. His last few outings have gotten better. If he puts it together this pitching staff would be pretty good with Harang and Arroyo heading it up.

Narron should have let him battle his way out of the jam. It could not have ended worse than it did. If he gets out of it his confidence skyrockets, if he doesn't he still pitched a great game but the run support failed him. Either way this was something to build on for him.

LINEDRIVER
06-10-2006, 09:47 PM
He pitched a gem through six tonight. Three runs in six and 2/3 isn't bad at all. The difference I noticed was that he was nibbling a lot less and his pitch selection seemed better. His last few outings have gotten better. If he puts it together this pitching staff would be pretty good with Harang and Arroyo heading it up.

Narron should have let him battle his way out of the jam. It could not have ended worse than it did. If he gets out of it his confidence skyrockets, if he doesn't he still pitched a great game but the run support failed him. Either way this was something to build on for him.

Ive been wanting to see if Claussen could take his game up a notch if Dave Ross was catching him, thereby eliminating what I call 'The LaRue Factor'.

saboforthird
06-10-2006, 10:21 PM
And, your conclusion was? ;)

GAC
06-11-2006, 07:20 AM
He is still using a 40 watt bulb that at times does burn brightly. With his inconsistency, he needs to switch to long-life. ;)

Krusty
06-11-2006, 10:23 AM
With Mays lurking in the background, Claussen knows he is one bad start away from either going to the bullpen or to Louisville.

edabbs44
06-11-2006, 11:10 AM
With Mays lurking in the background, Claussen knows he is one bad start away from either going to the bullpen or to Louisville.
That might be the scariest post ever.

FoReel
06-11-2006, 11:57 AM
They commented that as well on FSN theres nothing like lighting a fire under a player to get im going.

Matt700wlw
06-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm not saying any light has turned on for Brandon Claussen until he shows he can pitch well CONSISTANTLY

jimbo
06-11-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm not saying any light has turned on for Brandon Claussen until he shows he can pitch well CONSISTANTLY

Bingo, that comment says it all. What I like about EZ so much is that he has been consistant in what he gives you. Claussen has pitched a few nice games, but gets shelled in between those nice games, there hasn't been anything in between.

I still think Claussen is a soft pitcher and needs to change his mentality in how he approaches his game. His next start is against the Brewers, who he admitted he pitched "scared" against last time. Those kinds of comments coming from a big league pitcher is worrisome.

GAC
06-11-2006, 08:16 PM
I don't know. We may have a problem....