PDA

View Full Version : Yan

Mean Machine
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Get rid of him!!!!!!!!!! I can throw less balls into the ground!!!!!!!

Krusty
06-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Let's be honest....this team can't play much worse. It is amazing how they did a reverse compared to how they played on the last road trip.

CincyFan
06-13-2006, 10:35 PM
It seems that whenever freel is leading off we have had a better chance of winning. Have Freel and FeLo leading off - seems to be the way to go.

wojo1025
06-13-2006, 10:37 PM
The fundamentals of this team drive me UP A WALL. I can't count how many times we've had a runner at 3rd with less than two outs and NOT SCORED during this losing streak. There is no reason for that. I hate to blame coaching, but the fundamentals are taught and obviously this team is lacking.

The bullpen hurt us tonight before Narron even brought anyone in! Letting Arroyo hit for himself with a runner at 2nd, down 1, with 2 out just showed that he didn't want to take Arroyo out of the game because there is NOONE in the pen he can go to with any confidence.

Wow, this is frustrating to watch

2001MUgrad
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM
We don't have a lot of choices when it comes to the bullpen right now. Yan is as effective as anyone else down there right now, which isn't saying a ton. Signing those "Old" guys to anchor the bullpen is reallying hampering the efforts right now. Its tough when they are giving up multiple runs every game.

CincyFan
06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
We don't have a lot of choices when it comes to the bullpen right now. Yan is as effective as anyone else down there right now, which isn't saying a ton. Signing those "Old" guys to anchor the bullpen is reallying hampering the efforts right now. Its tough when they are giving up multiple runs every game.

What would be the big deal bringing up someone with ridiculous number in AA - or at least bring them to the next level in AAA. Cueto and Wood are dominating!

CincyFan
06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
The bullpen hurt us tonight before Narron even brought anyone in! Letting Arroyo hit for himself with a runner at 2nd, down 1, with 2 out just showed that he didn't want to take Arroyo out of the game because there is NOONE in the pen he can go to with any confidence.

Wow, this is frustrating to watch

That a point I was thinking as well. I thought Joe Mays was a starter and could pitch more than two innings. Oh well, I am sure something will happen. I don't think the New Regime will let losing last too long - or at least I hope

griffeyfreak4
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
It seems that whenever freel is leading off we have had a better chance of winning. Have Freel and FeLo leading off - seems to be the way to go.
griffeyfreak4 seconds that. He doesn't have the exact stat, but he believes his favorite team does better with a Freel and FeLo at the top of the order.

saboforthird
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Let's be honest....this team can't play much worse. It is amazing how they did a reverse compared to how they played on the last road trip.

It's the law of averages. ;)

BigJohn
06-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Man, I just heard that the Reds are 0-18 and 1 for their last 24 with men in scoring position.

CincyReds2003
06-13-2006, 11:04 PM
That a point I was thinking as well. I thought Joe Mays was a starter and could pitch more than two innings. Oh well, I am sure something will happen. I don't think the New Regime will let losing last too long - or at least I hope

I hope the ownership is getting fed up with the lack of fundamentals that this team posseses. The errors are getting ridiculous, we get runners in scoring positions with 0 outs and we can't even drive one person in, and we have guys looking at 3rd strikes. I don't know how much you can blame Narron since these guys are millionaires and shouldn't be playing like the Bad News Bears, but something has to happen, whether its benching people for poor play, or handing out fines for those who miss routine grounders or flyballs.

b_combs23
06-13-2006, 11:11 PM
maybe Marty was right when he said this isnt a playoff team with the current defensive alignment. I would like to see people fined if they dont drive in the run from third with less than two outs

harangatang
06-14-2006, 12:06 AM
maybe Marty was right when he said this isnt a playoff team with the current defensive alignment. I would like to see people fined if they dont drive in the run from third with less than two outsI would like to see this team be consistently patient at the plate, then the runs will come. The Reds hit 3 HR tonight and imagine if there were baserunners on to score more runs. I do agree the defense is a little shaky but I would much rather have early-20's infield of Lopez, Phillips, and EdE (when healthy) in the the infield then something like (just an example) Randa, Aurilia, and some other 35-year-old middle infielder who is past his prime. Sure you get alot of errors with the young players but people need to be patient and realize that the rewards of doing things of this nature can be very rewarding. This ballclub has a played a little over it's head and while it's a good ballclub there is still one major flaw you forgot to mention with the bullpen. Straighten up the bullpen and let the young infielders have some room to grow and mature and we'll see what the Reds can do. But the idea of fining people for things as you forementioned or switching the current defensive alignment in midseason is absurd.

tripleaaaron
06-14-2006, 01:17 AM
I concur, this young infield is going to be exciting to watch for years to come, they are the core to our future sucess and need one thing, experience, EDE is playing one of the toughest positions to learn and PT is the key to his getting better. Phillips is already solid at D and will only get better, as for Lopez he is still young and will improve slightly over time, but will probably never be much above average defensively but again he is learning, our greatest concern at this time as you mentioned is Relief Pitching, It will help is this season and not be detrimental to the future, that is the key. The Future is bright, lets not do things to take steps back for the long-haul.

redsupport
06-14-2006, 01:40 AM
too bad we cant get Donnally

klw
06-14-2006, 08:35 AM
too bad we cant get Donnally

Or Jim Coombs

Benny-Distefano
06-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I wonder if Yan Can Cook?

....cuz he sure as heck can't pitch.

traderumor
06-14-2006, 10:31 AM
maybe Marty was right when he said this isnt a playoff team with the current defensive alignment. I would like to see people fined if they dont drive in the run from third with less than two outsany relation to b_combs22?

Superdude
06-14-2006, 01:03 PM
I just love the fact that Yan was released a week or so ago and he instantly comes in as our set up guy! That's when you know your bullpen's good!