PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry in trouble (yet again)

Reds4Life
06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Warrant has been issued for his arrest in Kenton County

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/06/14/henry.html

Reds4Life
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
From Ch 12 news.

Arrest Warrant Issued For Bengal Chris Henry

LAST UPDATE: 6/14/2006 2:52:24 PM

An arrest warrant for Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry has been issued by Kenton County. Henry is expected to turn himself into authorities later today. It is the latest in a series of legal problems Henry has faced.

Henry is charged with three counts of an unlawful transaction with a minor. Alcoholic beverages bought by Henry were consumed by three women who are under 21 years old, Covington Police say.

The warrant stems from a party at the Covington Courtyard in late April. After that party, a woman claimed Henry had raped her. Henry was never charged. Now, that woman, Monica Beamon, 18, has been charged with falsely reporting an incident. Ten days after Beamon made the allegation against Henry, she was arrested on a prostitution charge in Covington.

In Orlando, Florida, Henry faces gun charges for an incident in January.

Henry pleaded guilty to a marijuana charge in Covington in March.

ochre
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM
so, it's not really "again", but still :)

max venable
06-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Stick a fork in him.

Redsland
06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Three underage prostitutes and some beer in a hotel?

Now that's multi-tasking.

;)

Reds4Life
06-14-2006, 03:13 PM
so, it's not really "again", but still :)

He's being charged now for something he did in May, so it's a delayed "again".

KronoRed
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
So what does it take for the Bengals to release someone? ;)

CTA513
06-14-2006, 03:36 PM
After that party, a woman claimed Henry had raped her. Henry was never charged. Now, that woman, Monica Beamon, 18, has been charged with falsely reporting an incident. Ten days after Beamon made the allegation against Henry, she was arrested on a prostitution charge in Covington.

She sounds pretty reliable.

:rolleyes:

WVRed
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok, please give him his walking papers. This is getting old.:bang: :angry:

zombie-a-go-go
06-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Warrant has been issued for his arrest in Kenton County

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/06/14/henry.html

Well, they know where to find him...

BuckWoody
06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
So what does it take for the Bengals to release someone? ;)
In this case it takes a change in the collective bargaining agreement.

What a maroon. As a fan, I'm tired of his act...and I think Marvin is too.

traderumor
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
In this case it takes a change in the collective bargaining agreement.

What a maroon. As a fan, I'm tired of his act...and I think Marvin is too.

If maroon isn't a joke, well it is one of my favorite colors. :laugh:

BuckWoody
06-14-2006, 04:40 PM
If maroon isn't a joke, well it is one of my favorite colors. :laugh:
It's my Bugs Bunny impression. :)

http://tinypic.com/iqcxsz.jpg

traderumor
06-14-2006, 04:42 PM
It's my Bugs Bunny impression. :)

http://tinypic.com/iqcxsz.jpg

Ah, it was stragety. I'm so glad, but ya just never know...:laugh:

RedsBaron
06-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't know why the police keep picking on Henry.:)

flyer85
06-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Is there a maximum numbers of arrests the Bengals will tolerate before cutting a player loose?

I guess all we know is that is at least four.

remdog
06-14-2006, 07:25 PM
At this rate henry will at lead the league in something. :thumbdown

Rem

RFS62
06-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Bail bonds volume discount?

WVRed
06-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Bail bonds volume discount?

Did somebody say bail bonds?

http://www.maximonline.com/videos/editorial_images/DogtheBountyHunter_Still.jpg

WMR
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Hmmm... Fantasy Bail-bond question: Could "The Dog" catch a determined-to-remain-free Chris Henry? The man has got some good juke moves.

macro
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Is there a maximum numbers of arrests the Bengals will tolerate before cutting a player loose?

It looks like the hammer is about to fall. The rest of the team had better sit up and take notice.

http://www.thebrushback.com/bengals_full.htm

CrackerJack
06-14-2006, 11:29 PM
It looks like the hammer is about to fall. The rest of the team had better sit up and take notice.

http://www.thebrushback.com/bengals_full.htm

Unfortunately the players' union would probably challenge his release at this point, as long as his legal matters (2 of the 3) are pending, and the fact he's recovering from an injury. So they pretty much have to wait until the right time to do so, without causing more distractions and problems. At least that is what I am led to believe. They missed their chance apparently, during the end of the season after his 1st offense, before he got hurt. The league will suspend him any ways.

A satirical article like that may be funny, but it's hardly based on anything remotely accurate, the Bengals' hands' are tied. The problem, is the type of people Marvin is bringing in, not the tolerance level of the team once they're given a chance, I think.

Krusty
06-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Seems like the Bengals are replacing the Ravens (see Jamaal Lewis) on the police blotter this offseason.

Seriously though, I laughed at Andy Furman two weeks ago when he said character shouldn't really matter when fielding a team. What the Bengals have is a cancer in Henry. The Bengals would be better with the addition by subtraction theory.

CougarQuest
06-15-2006, 12:54 AM
This criminal investigation isn't over either, so this particular case will definitely get more 'interesting'.

GAC
06-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Well Bengal fans - it seems you're never alone.

Our illustrious RB Reuben Droughns was arrested and released ($2500 bail) on assault charges involving his wife.

It seems they got in a fight and she wanted out.

Obviously, he must have misunderstood what she meant by out, because he allegedly threw her through (out) the front door! :eek:

His lawyer says it's all a misunderstanding, and that being an NFL RB, he simply "fumbled" her through the front door, since wives are much harder to maintain possession of then a pigskin.

She has since been trying to get the charges dropped.

"The arrest report said the couple were arguing when he "grabbed [her] and threw her to the ground. She got up and Reuben grabbed her by the waist, carried her to the bed and threw her on the bed."

That was when she told Droughns she wanted a divorce, the report said.

"Droughns then carried her on his shoulders to the house's front door, where she flung her arms out in an attempt to avoid being thrown out, the document said. Droughns threw her outside, closed and locked the door, the report said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2459285

Krusty
06-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Well Bengal fans - it seems you're never alone.

Our illustrious RB Reuben Droughns was arrested and released ($2500 bail) on assault charges involving his wife.

It seems they got in a fight and she wanted out.

Obviously, he must have misunderstood what she meant by out, because he allegedly threw her through (out) the front door! :eek:

His lawyer says it's all a misunderstanding, and that being an NFL RB, he simply "fumbled" her through the front door, since wives are much harder to maintain possession of then a pigskin.

She has since been trying to get the charges dropped.

"The arrest report said the couple were arguing when he "grabbed [her] and threw her to the ground. She got up and Reuben grabbed her by the waist, carried her to the bed and threw her on the bed."

That was when she told Droughns she wanted a divorce, the report said.

"Droughns then carried her on his shoulders to the house's front door, where she flung her arms out in an attempt to avoid being thrown out, the document said. Droughns threw her outside, closed and locked the door, the report said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2459285

That's a classic.

Aceking
06-15-2006, 09:54 AM

NFL teams are not allowed to release a player for any reason other than performance. My guess is they are waiting until some more practices are held, and then they will release him with no comment like the Cowboys did with Quincey Carter a few years ago when they suspected he was using cocaine. Henry will file and grievance and lose.

Chip R
06-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Should this be a sticky? :D

savafan
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
NFL teams are not allowed to release a player for any reason other than performance.

I wish I had that kind of job security.

I liked Chris Henry, but I think it is time to send him packing. Oh yeah, I'm not a Bengal fan.

GAC
06-15-2006, 02:36 PM
I liked Chris Henry, but I think it is time to send him packing.

Wasn't he already charged for packing? :lol: